Home

Miscellany of BaekYeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been a tiring day for Taeyeon. There seemed to be deadlines everyday yet her workload weren't decreasing in any sense. She would be lying if she would say that everything was not overwhelming for her, because it was very much overwhelming for her to handle. She needed to take a breath yet she doesn't know how she would do it. 

She was on her way home, walking through the lively streets of Seoul as she made her way towards her apartment. She was worn out and all she wanted to do is to be at home and release all of her emotions out in one go. She was trying her best for so long to keep herself composed, like how she was holding every single emotion that was threatening to pour out as she still made her way to her apartment. Not now, not in here. That's definitely not a good idea. She thought. 

She took a deep breath and let out a shaky one. She quickened her steps as she finally got a glimpse of her apartment building. Almost there. And before she knew, she was already passing through the glass doors to the lobby, and hurrying towards the elevator, unintentionally ignoring the man guarding the entrance who greeted her when she entered. She mentally made an apology to the sweet employee of her complex but she was already on the brick of falling apart. 

She almost felt thankful when the elevator doors finally opened before her and she immediately walked inside after the people had already stepped out and pressed her floor number. And as soon as she reached her floor—and she was thankful that she was the only one who was on the elevator on that time—she hurriedly made her way out of the small room and marched towards her apartment. 

As soon as she finished pressing the code to her apartment, the door immediately opened, and the soft bustling noice of a music playing inside her place welcomed her. Her nose was filled with the familiar scent that she dearly loved as she stepped in and removed her shoes. She could hear the sound of the collar bell of the dogs softly going along with the music playing around the place. And all of that spoke home to her. 

She walked in to the lights in the living room lit and the Christmas tree shining in the corner where they placed it in with all of its lights lit up as well. As soon as she made herself be seen, the only person in the place lifted his gaze on her from his laptop and placed a loving smile on his lips as soon as he saw her. 

"Hey babe," 

She melted with that; and even though she wanted to smile so dearly back to him, she couldn't, because she knew that she was entirely feeling down to even force herself to do it. 

So instead, she slowly walked towards the couch that he was sitting in and slumped herself down with her head resting on the backrest. 

"How is my lady? How's work?" 

She didn't know what was even there in his words but she suddenly felt herself closing her eyes, and the tears that she was suppressing for so long finally made its way out of her eyes, falling down through the sides of her face. 

"Hey, hey, hey. What's the matter?" She felt the couch shifting on her side where he was sitting and the next thing she knew, his hands were already wiping the tears that kept on coming out from her eyes. 

"Hey, you can talk to me. What's wrong?" He uttered when she remained silent. His tone was dead worried and she knew he hated seeing her like that, as what he had said to her a million times already. And she felt bad that she couldn't do anything to make herself feel better. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" 

With all the courage, she slightly shook her head at him and continued crying. 

"What nothing? Tell me. I'm here." 

She shook her head once more. "Nothing." She paused. "I'm just tired." She felt her heart being broken upon hearing her voice breaking by saying those words. It surely isn't the first time, but it still pained her to witness herself be that vulnerable especially in front of the person she truly loved. 

She kept her eyes closed and let the tears fall out of her eyes without even bothering herself to wipe them. She was drained enough to even lift her hands to do it. And the crying that she was doing was not helping her in any way possible, and if it does, it was just making her more weaker and drained in all aspects. 

As she let herself tear up like that in the couch, she felt herself being dragged from where she was seated, and before she could even react, the next thing she knew, she was already placed in his arms as if he was protecting her in any harm that could possibly get into her. 

"Shh, it's okay. You're fine." And by that, all of the emotions that she was hardly suppressing inside of her poured out, and she was sobbing hard in his arms like there was no tomorrow already. And as she sobbed harder, his arms tightened around her. 

"It's okay, you're going to be okay." She felt stupid enough to actually be crying her life out just because she felt extremely tired, but it was also something she couldn't ignore or let it pass when she had been dealing with it for quite some time already. Yet still, she felt sorry that she was sobbing like that out of that reason in front of him. 

"Do you want to take a time off from work tomorrow?" He asked, and she couldn't answer. She does, so bad. But she couldn't ignore the things she needed to do. 

"I have things to finish." She managed to mutter out of her sobs. 

"Even for a day? Don't you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter