Happy Holidays

Miscellany of BaekYeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tae, aren't you done for today?" Sunny asked as she walk over their dorm's kitchen coming from the living room, where Taeyeon is currently baking—more—cookies. 

Eyes focused on her freshly baked christmas designed cookies as she continue on designing each one of them, she shook her head, not minding to look up to her friend. "I'll be finishing this before I go to bed. And besides, I'm still quite jet-lagged from Spain." She answered. 

Sunny heaved a sigh and glanced up to the wall clock on their kitchen. "It's late, finish that tomorrow. You've been working hard both here and on SUM Café." 

Taeyeon chortled. "Yah, those are for the charity and these," she stopped, looked up and pointed to all of the cookies in front of her. "Are all for you my dear friends." She added before continuing her business. 

Going forward to her, Sunny rolled her eyes and spoke. "Like I haven't been your taster since the beginning?" She asked sarcastically before snatching one cookie on the tray. 

"Yah! Hey! That's part of the count you idiot! Stop eating it! You'll get some tomorrow, okay?" Taeyeon scolded as she tried to shoo away Sunny in the kitchen. 

Sunny, the bubbly person that she is, just laughed and giggled at her friend. "Ah, before I forget! I won't be here tomorrow until evening, so you have the dorm by yourself the whole day before we welcome Christmas by the midnight with drinks!" She reminded her friend as she cheerfully clap her hands on the thought of drinking with her friends. 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes before rolling it. "I'll bake while you and Tiffany are gone." She answered and went back on her unfinished work. 

Sunny just looked dumbfounded at her. What did she expect from a home fairy who learned and enjoyed baking all of a sudden? She could only just shook her head and sigh at her friend. "Okay then, bake me more cookies okay?" 

"Girls!!" A sudden loud voice disturbed their peaceful dorm. 

Sunny groaned in irritation. "What do you want pig?!" She yelled.

Taeyeon could only laugh while she continue on designing the cookies. 

Coming into the scene, Tiffany appeared in the kitchen as she settle the Christmas gifts she bought today. "What?! You're still baking?!" She shockingly asked Taeyeon. 

Getting no response from her, Sunny spoke. "Our friend here is addicted to baking now." 

"Yah, these are presents okay? Stop teasing me." She said in a low voice as she busily do her work. 

Sunny heaved a sigh and turned to Tiffany. "I'm going to bed now, keep the fairy's company for awhile." She said before exiting the kitchen to her room, hearing the shouts of the two as they tell her goodnight. 

"Yah, you should get some rest. You haven't been able to sleep properly since you came from Spain." She told Taeyeon as she opened the fridge to get herself a water. 

Not looking up, Taeyeon answered. "I'm fine, okay. I'm not yet sleepy that's why I wanted to busy myself than just to lie down on my bed all day." 

Sitting across Taeyeon, Tiffany sighed, giving up. 

As she busily decorate the cookies one by one, Tiffany did keep her company for awhile as the two chatted about random things like they always do with the others or just them. 

Realizing the late time, Tiffany yawned in exhaustion and stood up from her seat. "I'm going to sleep now. How 'bout you?" She asked. 

She nodded and smiled. "I'm gonna be done here soon, I'll go after I clean up here." She answered back. 

Tiffany nodded and yawned again. "Okay then, goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow evening." She said before turning back to get her stuffs and to proceed to her room. 

Now alone, Taeyeon find it more easy to concentrate and finish everything in a speed. 

After decorating, she placed the cookies on a small plastic bags and tied it with a green and red ribbons to seal it. As she was doing so, her phone rang which is on the pocket of her apron. Dropping what she was doing, she reached for the phone on the pocket. 

Taeyeon stopped, eyes fixated on the caller ID and she felt her heart skipped a beat as she read Baekhyun's name on the ID like it had always been ever since. 

Getting herself together, she quickly pressed the answer button, bringing the phone to her ear. "Baekhyun!" She squealed right away. It has been awhile since they last saw and spent time together and she terribly missed him. Messages and calls were nice but it's not as nice as being with each other. 

She heard her boyfriend laugh which sounds so beautiful to her ear. "Are you waiting for me to call?" Baekhyun teased, smiling like an idiot as he do so.

Scuffing, Taeyeon answered after. "I was baking, okay?" 

"At this time?" Baekhyun's voice suddenly sounded worried and he was. He knew how Taeyeon loved and enjoyed baking from time to time, being her stress reliever but he also knew that she hadn't gone to sleep properly since her arrival from Spain because of the time difference and jet-lag. "You should be resting already." He added. 

The worried tone on his voice did not escape Taeyeon's ear. Sighing, she spoke. "I'm fine okay? Don't worry about me. I'm going to rest when I'm tired okay?" She assured him, not wanting him to stress more over her when he's already too worn out to do so. "Where are you?" She asked. 

Baekhyun hummed with his eyes close intently listening to her beautiful voice. "On my way home," he answered simply. 

"You should be the one resting, you know." Taeyeon said, chuckling after it and Baekyun joined her so. 

The boys had been practicing for their performances and special stages on the upcoming year-end shows all day, since they'll all be given the time to spend the eve and the christmas day itself by how they want to. She knew how Baekhyun had been working hard since the beginning of the year until now, and that made her worried somehow but he always assures her that he's fine every time. 

"I miss you..." He murmured against the phone, not really minding the members that are with him in the car. He wanted to pull her in his arms and snuggle with her. Pour her with kisses and compliments like he had always been doing. 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip as she listen to Baekhyun's breathing against the phone. "I miss you too." She said, a smile tugging on her lips. 

"Can I come?" Baekhyun asked, desperate to see and have the love of his life on his arms. 

Taeyeon's brows raised and eyes formed circles in shock. "At this time?" She asked which Baekhyun replied a hum as a 'yes'. "You idiot, it's late already! You should get some rest or you'll die by the christmas day if you don't!" She scolded. As much as she wanted to let him come terribly, she wanted him to take care of himself as much as he wanted her to do as well. More as well that she wanted to take care of him herself. 

Baekhyn whined and pouted. "But I miss you." He really didn't mind the members eyeing him amusingly for seeing a different side of their member. 

Taeyeon laughed and sigh. "Yah, seriously you won't be able to spend christmas properly with your family if you wont give yourself a rest." 

"But—"

"You're seriously gonna get a smack now if you won't stop." Taeyeon warned even if they're nowhere in each other's reach and it did make him stop whining. 

Baekhyun just pouted like a kid. "How about I'll come later morning? Can I?" He insisted, not really giving up. 

Taeyeon threw her head back as she laugh at her boyfriend's determination. "You midget really..." She said as she shook her head while Baekhyun is now grinning as he wait for her girlfriend's response. "You can only come once you had a rest already." 

Baekhyun's grin turned into a wide smile and he giggled in excitement. Now he can't wait to get home and for the sun to rise up. "Don't get too excited for me, okay?" He teased. 

Taeyeon scuffed. "Yah, you're the one who's dead over heels missing me here so bad, don't turn the situation you midget!" 

"A handsome midget!" Baekhyun answered back, earning a quiet laughs from s and a loud one from Taeyeon on the other line. "You can't resist me, you know that." He confidently added. 

"You know you love me," Taeyeon fired back at her playful boyfriend. 

"The whole world knows it." Baekhyun answered back. 

"Say it," Taeyeon challenged, now grinning as she playfully go against her boyfriend. 

Baekhyun suppressed a laugh before speaking. "Kim Taeyeon, a homebody, I love you with all my heart." He sincerely said. 

Satisfied, Taeyeon can't help the smile on her lips as she try herself not to squeal on the phone with Baekhyun by biting her lips. 

"I bet my life you're trying so hard not to scream right now." Baekhyun managed to say in between his laughs as he imagined his girlfriend.

He knows her too well and he got her there. "Damn you Byun Baekhyun," she grunted. 

She heard his manager say that they're at their dorm already and was suddenly followed by noises which she guessed are the members' movements. 

"You're back at the dorm?" She asked, continuing on placing the cookies on the plastics.

Baekhyun hummed as a response. 

"Go get some rest right away, okay? Or else you can't see me later!" Taeyeon warned, making the younger laugh. 

Stepping out of the elevator with the other members, they waited for Suho to open the door of their dorm. Baekhyun spoke as he enter the dorm, going straight to his room. "Taengoo," he called out after slumping his body on his bed.

"What?" She asked. 

"Can you sing for me?" He answered. 

Taeyeon stopped with what she's doing as she quirked her brows. This had been his habit for awhile now, calling Taeyeon late at night after his schedule and eventually asking her to sing for him before he go to sleep. "What do you want to hear?" 

"Your voice," Baekhyun answered. 

Taeyeon sighed. She loves when Baekhyun acts this way, vulnerable yet in a good way. This is a side of him that the public rarely sees. 

Without any hesitation, Taeyeon started to sing the first song that came up to her mind.

 

For a long time, in my heart,
Full of clouds, it rains
For warm sun to shine,
I sincerely hoped.
Raindrops that wet my shoulder,
When I dried, I alone,
Was so afraid that it would remain.

 

Baekhyun listened intently to Taeyeon, a smile tugging on his lips as her beautiful voice started to take over his ears through the other line. He can't help but to get smitten by how beautiful her voice is. It's like always hearing it for the first time. 

 

You are like a light, after the rain has passed, You come up in my heart, like this.

Cause you are, the light that fell on me, You are, like a beautiful dream, With seven rays, the whole world, Is dyed even more beautifully, always. Yeah U R.

 

He closed his eyes, focusing on her voice as he gets serenade by it. It surprises him that even though he heard her sing a million times already, there's still the shocking and mesmerizing feeling he gets whenever he listens to her. 

 

When the rain that wets my windows stops, Under the Rainbow, you must be waiting. The stories I couldn’t say, All of the secrets I couldn’t do, I want to deliver it today

 

She loves singing this song to him and he seemed not to be bothered by the fact that she sings it very often. She loves how the song reminds her so much of him and their love. 

 

You are always beside me, You are inside of my tender heart, Even more shining and beautifully, It fills the night sky, You’re my star~Yeah U R Oh U R U R, Oh U R

 

Finishing the song, Taeyeon chuckled. 

He find it amusing how her voice brings so much comfort to him, and he was right at the moment. 

"Don't tell me you're sleeping already?" Taeyeon suddenly said, startling him a little. 

He let out an aspirated laugh due to exhaustion. "I'm still here," he answered, rolling over the bed and hugging a pillow. 

A smile crept on her face as she imagine him on his bed looking cuddly and cute. "Let's end this here, get some rest. You sound tired." She said. 

"I am," Baekhyun admitted. "But it takes only one person to take that all away. You." Baekhyun added, voice getting shallow as he felt his eyelids becoming heavy. 

Despite dating for so long, it amused Taeyeon how he can always caught her off guard with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter