Stay Crazy (Ver. 1)

Little Things

Title: Stay Crazy
​Word Count: 1222
​OTP: Huino (Hui x Kino)
Random Tags: #fluffish #seventh #bc THEIR SKINSHIP IS LYF #this song is also lyf #version 1 bc version 2 is next up #sorry this was late #orz #hui #kino #huino #HAPPY BIRTHDAY KINO!!! #Birthday oneshots would be up <3

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Five, six! Five, six, seven, eight!"

 

Music played loudly and resonated through the practice room. The mirrors might have vibrated due to the loudness of the speakers. Heat radiated from their bodies, mixing with the smell of sweat and sound of pants and heavy breathing. But the group continued. Pentagon practiced their choreographies with Kino leading their practice. It had always been that way, even when they were just beginning as trainees. Hui would let Kino lead the dancing, while Hui handled the rest. He could not remember when it had started; it was quite natural already.

And that time, it was the same thing.

It was 25 minutes past midnight and everyone was already exhausted. The day had gone by without even their notice. When the music stopped, there was a few seconds of breathing before everyone plopped down to the floor. Groans and sighs of relief echoed. Everyone was drenched with sweat. Their clothes were already sticking to their bodies. Not a very nice sight to see. Hui had managed to calm his nerves and catch up with his breath after a few minutes of rest. He then clapped loudly to get everyone's attention.

"It has been a long day. Let's get some rest. Refresh yourselves then we'll leave."

Everyone did not complain and just nodded. Who in the right mind would even argue with that? After a few more minutes of resting, one by one, they began to stand and say their greetings of 'Good work!' before they left the practice room. Hui just smiled and acknowledged the words as he watched everyone leave. Jinho gave him a pat on his shoulder. Hongseok grinned at him tiredly and waved his hand in farewell. Hyojong gave him a hug, despite both being drenched and smelly with sweat. The only remaining people in the room was Kino and him.

"Good work today, hyung," Kino began as he smiled and walk towards the older male and sitting in front of him.

That smile had worked wonders to Hui. It wasn't as bright as the sun that time, since even their face muscles were sore from practicing their expressions on stage. It still had the same effect as when Kino smiled brightly. It was almost blinding. Or Hui might have been exaggerating a little bit.

Maybe too much.

"Same thing, Kino," Hui answered with a smile as he lied down on the wooden floor, trying to take in as much cool temperature as possible.

He spread his arms and legs out and heaved another deep sigh, looking at the ceiling and somehow getting lost in thought. The next day--or that day actually--was their 100th day anniversary. Hui was fully aware of it. It has been 100 days since October 10th, but it felt like it was much longer than that. From the time he started training under Cube since 2013 until that time when they had just finished practicing Pretty Pretty, all felt like a dream. When people were talking about living their dream, was this part of it? Sometimes he would even pinch himself to test if it was a dream or not. It was reality. But at the same time, a dream.

"Hyung, what are you thinking about?"

Hui got off from his train of thought when Kino spoke. He looked at the direction of the source of sound which was at his right side. He saw Kino had done the same thing as he did: his hands and legs sprawled on the floor as widely as possible. Hui chuckled lowly as he looked back at the ceiling. He already began feeling the cold caressing his skin and the sweat making him feel even cooler.

"Us. Pentagon. How we have improved and how we have lots of room for improvement," Hui spoke honestly.

Kino was one of those members that he could share a lot with. He was really comfortable with the dancer despite being five years older than Kino. Age did not really matter since Hui felt really close with Pentagon. After so many hardships and hurdles, he felt their bond just kept getting stronger and stronger. Hui wouldn't exchange anything for what he already had at the moment.

"Deep," Kino teased with a small chuckle and looked at the ceiling as well.

"It's our 100th day tomorrow, isn't it?"

Hui glanced at Kino at those words. He saw the younger male with his eyes closed. His chest raised and lowered in even breaths. His face really calm and elated for some reason. The reason. Hui couldn't help but smile as well. Because of their 100th day anniversary. Because they were going through their anniversary as a complete ten. Because they have survived all the challenges that they had faced. Because of the loving members that was their to support each other. That smile had a hundred different reasons, and those reasons were already anchored to Hui's feeling of happiness.

"Today, actually," Hui corrected.

"Oh yeah. It's almost 1:00AM," Kino thought aloud with a small chuckle.

"You should go and clean up already. I'll be there after," Hui continued as he saw Kino stubbornly shook his head.

"This is the only time we could be alone. You won't stop me from staying awake."

Hui laughed lightly in response. Sometimes, he had forgotten that both of them knew that they like each other. Not the friendly like. They were already in mutual understanding with each other, Kino and Hui. But they were focused on their career rather than their romantic relationship. Hui would always stress about the members, the management, the performances, everything. Even at that time, even if he was reminiscing about their past, he was still worried about what could happen at that day. It was the subtle anxiety that he had being a leader. He was always worried and it was well hidden by his 'responsible' facade.

Just then, Hui felt fingers on his hand. He looked at Kino once again and saw that Kino had scooted closer to Hui. Kino lowered their hands so Hui's and Kino's shoulder touch each other. Kino grasped the hand tightly and intertwined their fingers together. Hui absolutely needed that, and it was what he loved about Kino. The younger male knew when to comfort Hui. They knew their places, their priorities, and yet they could still find time for themselves. They were not as subtle with the camera on, even.

And Hui loved that.

"Stop worrying, hyung. We did great today," Kino said softly with a nod.

"I know," Hui answered with a small nod. He squeezed Kino's hand affectionately as he closed his eyes. They were there in the practice room for a number of minutes; Hui couldn't remember the exact number. One thing was for sure, he was there with the love of his life. It was a long, comfortable, and sweet silence.

"Hyung," Kino called out after the silence.

Hui opened his eyes and hummed in response, tilting his head to his right where Kino was.

He was welcomed with soft lips on his.

Kino retracted immediately with a playful grin on his face, while the leader's eyes were still widened in shock.

"Thought you needed that," Kino spoke as he sat up, inviting Hui to clean up with him. 

 

"You're crazy," Hui spoke with a small laugh.