Smile

Little Things

Title: Smile
​Word Count: 1160
​OTP: Yanone / Yeoyan <3
Random Tags: #sad-sh #fluff-ish #third #this song is so cute #I wanna keep them in my pocket #yanone #yeoyan #yanan #yeoone #jjanggu #what are you thoughts??
[A/N] Before 2016 ends, I would just like to say that this year has been one heck of a roller coaster ride. The best thing that ever happened to me this year is Pentagon Maker and Pentagon's debut. I wouldn't be back in AFF if it weren't for them. I am so glad that I got my writing muse back, and I will continue on writing to my heart's desire. Expect more songfics from here on out!! Happy New Year everyone!! <3

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Yeoone-ssi. I'm scared."

 

​Those were the first words that Yanan spoke when they met in one of the practice rooms. Changgu never felt so heartbroken at that moment. Why and how did Yanan deserve such treatment? He only wanted to become an idol. He flew kilometers and left everything behind just to chase his dream of becoming one. And yet, he was there at the brink of elimination. It was Yanan's last chance to redeem himself. Changgu hated to see his best friend, his... He did not even know himself what Yanan was to him. Changgu hated it. Changgu hated that they have undergone such survival system. Most part of it was really fun, but to think that the company decided to change the rules was frustrating.

​Changgu wanted to shout to the world. He wanted to release everything, but he couldn't, and he wouldn't. He could have sighed. Changgu knew Yanan's performance mattered more than anything at that time. He would do everything in his power just to make Yanan an official member of Pentagon. Not only Yanan. If he could help his hyungs Shinwon and Hyojong with whatever possible, he would. He wanted them to be complete.

​Pentagon would not be complete if they were not​ ten.

​"Don't worry, Yanan. You'll be part of Pentagon. I believe in it," Changgu spoke with an assuring smile, "I believe in you." 

​If Changgu were to help Yanan, he needed to be strong as well. He needed to assure that everything would be fine. That Yanan was doing a great job, not that Yanan was not doing a fantastic job in the first place. Changgu needed to be the support behind Yanan. He felt obligated to be that one to show him lots of support and... love, he guessed

"Thank you," Yanan spoke with a faint and determined smile on his face.

​"Shall we start?" Changgu said, reaching to pat Yanan's back to comfort the other.

​Yanan nodded and proceeded to get the pen he was using. He bit the pen and began to practice his pronunciation. Changgu just listened silently and took note of the parts that Yanan needed some improvement. Once Yanan was done, Changgu began helping him sing the right notes for the song. He remembered how Jinho helped them during the 'On Rainy Days' performance, and Changgu applied those what he had learned to Yanan, helping the other refresh those lessons.

Changgu would never let Yanan get eliminated. He had a lot of potential, and he knew that that was the forte of their company. To blossom the budding potential from each of their trainees. Their BTOB sunbaes, for example. Some came from different companies, one scouted from abroad, some already training under their company. But all of them clicked and they were probably one of the best vocal groups in the industry. Well, that was Changgu's thoughts. It might be biased but what the heck. But point was, Yanan had a lot of potential. He had a sweet voice and he was overly attractive. He came to study Korean and be an idol in a foreign land. That was dedication.

​Changgu would never let that effort go to waste. He would never, ever, let anyone be his roommate other than Yanan.

​He would never let Yanan be eliminated.

Never.

 

 

That night ended with a depressing result.

Everyone was silent. They knew it was unfair. It was totally unfair. They were just chasing their dreams. They did not want for that to happen. Everything was just complete bull. Changgu was furious, devastated even, and he was not the only one. All of them went back to their respective dorms. Yanan and Changgu went back to their room. The latter could see the devastation and sadness in the former's eyes. Changgu's heart broke into pieces. Just remembering those words moments ago felt like the world was turning against them.

​Yanan sat on his bed as he heaved a deep sigh. Changgu bit his lower lip. He did not know how to comfort Yanan in that situation. He knew there was a possibility that this would happen, but he did not know that it would​ happen. He was not aware that their company would go that far. Changgu gulped silently. It was the time when Yanan would need Changgu the most. And Changgu was ready to comfort Yanan. Just to see that angelic smile back on Yanan's face.

​Changgu walked slowly towards their beds and he sat beside Yanan. His facial expression was written with worry, as his heart broke into a million more pieces. Yanan was crying. Hot tears fell from the other's face and sobbed. Changgu was in shock, and he only did one thing. He wrapped his arms around the Chinese male and took him into his tight embrace. Changgu leaned to burry his head onto Yanan's shoulder and began to cry along with him. Yanan must know that he was not alone in carrying the burden.

All of them did.

​"I'm sorry. I couldn't save you," Changgu began in between his sobs, "I'm sorry."

​"Y-yeoone-ssi. Don't be," Yanan answered, barely making a voice from in between the sobs.

​"I wanted to help you get through this. I want you to become a member. I want you to stay here with me."

​Changgu did not know what he was saying already. His innermost feelings? Maybe. Yanan stayed quiet but he just let it all out. He cried until his heart's content. Changgu did the same. He endured the pain along with Yanan. At that time, Yanan's career was at the edge of a knife. Changgu detested it. How many times did he voiced that out already? Although he had faith in their fans that they could reach such a number, but the possibility of not reaching that number was higher. It pained Changgu's heart. What more with Yanan's?

​They stayed like that for several moments or hours, Yanan in between Changgu's arms. They were unaware of the time already. 2:00AM? 3:00AM? They did not know exactly. Yanan began to take deep breaths to calm himself, but Changgu just seemed to continue on. The latter felt guilty and responsible for Yanan. He helped him out a lot but that was the result. It was not enough.

"Y-yeoone-ssi..." Yanan trailed.

​"Stop calling me that," Changgu retorted with a few deep breaths, "I'll go talk to them. If Hui-hyung goes to talk to them, I'll go as well. I'll file a complaint if--"

​"Changgu."

​That shocked Changgu. He looked at Yanan and he was caught off guard with what the younger did.

Yanan leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on Changgu's forehead. He had that pained yet still trying smile on his face.

"Thank you, Changgu."

​Changgu had totally forgotten that he wanted to see Yanan smile. That he wanted to see the smile sweeter than any candy.

 

​Because of ​that​ smile, Changgu had fallen for Yanan.

Deeply.