Lose Yourself

Little Things

Title: Lose Yourself
​Word Count: 1246
​OTP: Huiwon / Shinhui / Huishin (Hui x Shinwon idk really)
Random Tags: #???? #random #ninth #was supposed to be #since lose yourself is essentially #don't google if you don't know #don't say I didn't warn you #hui #shinwon #huiwon is better #long time no oneshot #unu

<><><><><><><><><><>

"And explain to me why you led me here," Hwitaek groaned.

 

Shinwon just grinned cheekily as he took Hwitaek's wrist and pulled him to the building. The former led him to one of the most prestigious bars in Seoul. Since Shinwon was a model for various labels as his part-time job other than being a student, he knew about the high-end places in Seoul and he was already a member in most of it. He would just show his company ID and he would be inside in an instant. The same went for that night even if he was pulling a shocked Hwitaek inside. The walls were colored with dark purple that seemed to have a metallic sheen due to the different strobe lights. Tables paired with soft couches were at the sides. A cocktail bar was near the entrance that showcased different drinks and a gorgeous bartender. In the middle was a small space for dancing and a small stage was behind it. That night, there was a band that sang mellow and chill music. The overall ambiance that night was slow and mellow.

Shinwon had pulled the older male to one of the tables at the VIP section. Hwitaek kept his cool and tried to fit in with the crowd of the rich and maybe famous, even in his simple shirt-and-jeans look. In Shinwon's eyes, even if Hwitaek dressed simply, he really loved the outfit. It showed how hot Hwitaek was as his sleeves stick out to his arms--

Shinwon. Focus.

He pushed Hwitaek to sit down at one of the couches and Shinwon sat right across the older male. Shinwon raised his hand and a waiter immediately went to their table. He ordered some drinks and food that were recommended that night. The waiter nodded and went back to the kitchen area. Hwitaek still looked dumbfounded while he tried to look for the words to express his thoughts that time.

"You're crazy," Hwitaek pointed out, "How would this help me relax? I still have tons of work to do and you take me to a bar? How could I--"

"Hush, my little angel. The proud Shinwon got you covered. You said you wanted to relax, right? A few drinks and food would do the trick!"

Hwitaek quieted down since there was nothing that could stop Shinwon from doing what he wanted and just nodded in agreement. Shinwon might have received the wrong message of Hwitaek's silence.

"I mean hyung! I did not mean anything about the 'little angel' thing or anything," Shinwon said with small coughs.

"Whatever you say," Hwitaek mused as he laughed at the response.

Shinwon did a mental facepalm. He was just embarrassing himself in front of Hwitaek.

But hey, it was a start.

For Shinwon was determined to make Hwitaek fall for him.

It probably started when Hwitaek "convinced" Shinwon to run for a position in the student council with him. Originally, Shinwon did not want to be part of the council since it was too much work. But Hwitaek happened, and at that time he was already one of the Public Relations Officers along with Changgu and Hongseok. The three of them maintained the harmonious relationships between the students, teachers, faculty and staff. Hwitaek, on the other hand, became the president of the student council. He might not have the charms of a salesperson, but Shinwon respected his sunbae. Hwitaek was a year older than Shinwon in their university but sometimes he felt that Hwitaek was a lot younger than him. Despite that, he believed that the older male was born to lead. He had this charisma that made the student body follow his words without any complaints and that was something to be proud of, for Shinwon anyways. Hwitaek had always failed to see that light in him which made Shinwon a bit frustrated. Because of that little irritation Shinwon had for Hwitaek, it made him more interested to the older male. Why wasn't he proud of being a leader? Why was he so down-to-earth every time? Shinwon was not really used to it. Shinwon was the person to be proud of every achievement he had, and Hwitaek was the complete opposite. Seeing Hwitaek so humble made him feel slightly infuriated.

Moreover, Shinwon was also irritated at himself for feeling that way towards Hwitaek since in the first place, he did not need to feel such feelings for the older male. He did not need to be irritated at that slightest detail. The sad (well, if Shinwon considered it as sad) truth was that he did feel those kind of things. Shinwon did not want to admit that he was already admiring Hwitaek. He did not want to admit that he was starting to like that feeling, to like him. But deep inside, he knew he would have to face the hard truth sooner or later.

"Ya, Shinwon-ah," Hwitaek called out.

Shinwon blinked himself out of his trance and hummed in response. He saw Hwitaek with an amused and angelic smile on his face. Sometimes, Shinwon really just wanted to take some sand paper and wipe it on Hwitaek's handsome face to get rid of his smile. It was too damn bright. The waiter then came back with glasses of water, cocktails and plates of pasta. Both of them thanked the waiter and returned to the conversation.

"What are you thinking about? You've been in a daze for a few minutes."

Shinwon shrugged. "Nothing much."

"You're too concentrated on your thoughts sometimes," Hwitaek pointed out.

That just got Shinwon's attention. He raised an eyebrow and prompted his elbow on the table, his chin on his palm and looking at Hwitaek in a mischievous manner. The older male almost ignored the gesture as he took the fork and began to take some of the pasta.

"You're observing me, aren't you?"

Hwitaek's hands stopped twirling the pasta and his ears suddenly flared. Shinwon smirked at the reaction and hit Hwitaek's leg playfully with his shoe underneath the table.

"You are, aren't you?" Shinwon repeated in a accusing manner.

"And what if I were?" Hwitaek retorted.

Shinwon had not thought that far. He was too focused on his own feelings that he did not consider what Hwitaek was feeling. It did not occur to him the possibility of Hwitaek reciprocating what Shinwon was feeling. Trying to keep his composure, Shinwon looked away as if bored or looking for the waiter or whatever as long as he was not looking at Hwitaek.

"Congratulations, then. You have been blessed by my handsomeness," Shinwon responded.

Hwitaek chuckled as he put down the fork and copied Shinwon's position at that moment; his elbow prompted on the table and his cheek on his palm. He looked at Shinwon with a playful glint in his eyes. Shinwon did not like that look. He really wished that he had sand paper at the moment.

"Do you want a bet? Just, you know, help me relax like you want."

That was very sudden. Shinwon's eyebrows furrowed as he glanced back at Hwitaek.

"If I win, you're gonna tell me or admit why you are doing all of this. It's too much and yet you're putting much effort. If you win, I'll be of your service for one day," Hwitaek offered.

Shinwon smirked; the bet was music to his ears. Either way it was a win for him, so why not?

 

After all, Shinwon was ready to lose himself.