You Are

Little Things

Title: You Are
​Word Count: 1190
​OTP: Jinhongseok <3
Random Tags: #fluff??? #first #one of my favorite songs ever #jinhongseok #jinho #hongseok #wooooot #what are you thoughts??

<><><><><><><><><><>

The whitewashed walls felt sickening.

It was suffocating.

As if they are constricting every crook and corner of my body.

It was focused on my neck.

I could feel it.

Until there was no more room left for me to breathe.

It felt like dying.

 

 

Heaving a soft sigh, Jinho removed his headphones and stretched his aching neck. It was a long day for him, almost 23 hours, perhaps. He was in the studio all day, finishing and polishing the song he had just composed. It was a good song to begin with, he thought. It had nice beats. He made nice vocals for it which would cater the vocal range of his groupmates. He even thought Kino could create a good choreography for the song.

But good was not even close to satisfactory.

"Pull yourself together, Jinho," he muttered to himself, "It has been a long day. You need some rest."

Rest? Quitting from your dream was enough rest to begin with, a voice echoed.

Anxiety? Exhaustion? Maybe.

Or maybe it was something else.

Jinho let his fingers glide above the surface of the keyboard and pressed the space bar once more. The music flowed freely from the speakers and to the walls, only to bounce back to the man in front of the computer. So many thoughts lingered in Jinho's mind at that night... morning? But these were thoughts that kept his mind hazy.

"Good" was certainly not enough. "Good" would not cut it. "Good" would not make it.

​It echoed.

As Jinho was buried deep into his thoughts, a sound dug him back to reality. A knock, specifically. Or three. Sharp dull thuds that were different from the beats of his new song. He hit the space bar to pause the music. The door opened seconds after the pause and a muscular figure entered the room with a loud, cheery voice. He felt the hint of exhaustion in the other's tone, but it was still full of positivity. Sometimes he wondered how that man, or the other members in general, could still have that optimism even when they were already tired. It was a mystery to have such attitude in those times.

Like a flower in the darkness.

"Hyung!" the figure exclaimed; a grin plastered on his face.

"Hmm, Hongseok-ah," was all Jinho could muster at that moment.

"It's around 1:00AM hyung. You woke up at 2:30AM yesterday, I think," Hongseok wondered (informed, actually) as he closed the door of the studio.

"I can still go on. Don't worry."

That was not the most convincing couple of sentences Jinho had said in his entire life.

"Not convinced. Come on, get some rest," Hongseok continued, unfazed by Jinho's remarks.

Hongseok moved closer behind Jinho's chair and wrapped his arms around the smaller frame. He leaned his chin on the top of the elder's head as one of his signs of affection. He had that smile on his face when he closed his eyes and let the feeling linger for a moment or two. One sweet, affectionate gesture. Maybe that was all Jinho needed. Yes, Jinho did not like skinship as much as Hyojong or maybe Kino even. But Hongseok? He was an exception. How could he not be one?

The most beautiful thing in this world was hugging him with a smile.

Jinho smiled faintly as one of his hands reached to Hongseok's arms. Caressing the soft skin affectionately, he hummed to a tune.

A sign of approval. A sign of defeat. A sign of acceptance.

"Ten minutes?" Jinho tried for one last time.

"No. Off to bed you go," Hongseok answered playfully, yet Jinho knew it was way serious than it should have been.

"Five minutes?"

"Why do you have to be so difficult?"

"Five minutes it is," Jinho said with a small chuckle.

"I'll time you. I'll wait here inside."

"Alright. Exactly five minutes."

A small sigh escaped Hongseok's lips as he leaned in to plant the luscious pair on top of Jinho's head. The latter felt those lips. Maybe that was all Jinho needed. A smile appeared on Jinho's features in response, as his fingers went back to the mouse and he went back to work. Hongseok, on the other hand, moved to sit on the free chair in the studio. He just watched in silence as the music began to resonate once again, nodding in every few beats.

 

 

"Hyung, you delayed yourself by a couple of minutes, that is cheating!"

"Is not."

"Is to."

"Is not," Jinho persisted.

"Is to."

"Shut up."

"Make me," Hongseok challenged.

The younger stopped in just a few steps from Jinho's dorm, looking with such distaste at the older male. Still playful as ever, but the older knew there was seriousness in his tone. It was always like that. Though cheeky, Jinho knew it was not a joke. And he also knew exactly what Hongseok was suggesting him to do. Jinho heaved a small sigh as he went back and closed himself to Hongseok. Grabbing the fabric of Hongseok's shirt, Jinho looked up to the taller frame and made the younger lean towards him. And even with that, Jinho was still on the tips of his toes.

Jinho gave a soft kiss on Hongseok's lips.

He was not the guy to do it, but he did, anyway.

Hongseok automatically wrapped his arms around the smaller frame and replied with the same sweetness. With the same overflowing affection. With the same heart as Jinho. Lips to lips. Chest to chest. Heart to heart. The kiss lasted for a few seconds but for the couple, it was an eternity within a small amount of time. As if time had stopped entirely, even. Jinho could not remember when and how they became so comfortable that they were able to do such. But at that time, the older male could not even imagine the times when he did not​ do these kind of affectionate gestures. It was almost intoxicating. Hongseok's manly scent. Hongseok's soft lips. Hongseok's... Just everything about him. Exhilirating. And Jinho loved it.

​Maybe that was all Jinho needed.

Jinho pulled away from the kiss and pushed Hongseok back. Hongseok could only laugh at the action, and went again to trap the elder in his hug. The other may have whined, but Hongseok couldn't care less.

"I love you," Hongseok began.

"Idiot."

"I'll take that as 'I love you too Hongseok from the bottom of my heart'."

"No. It means 'Idiot you want me to sleep now let go of me'."

"Can I sleep with you?"

"No."

"Pleaaasee? Just this once?"

"No, Hongseok."

"You are the most difficult person I have ever met," Hongseok sighed in defeat.

"And you are the most persistent person I have ever met."

 

 

The whitewashed walls is not so sickening anymore.

It is not as suffocating.

It begins to loosen up. Begins to free my body.

I can finally breathe. I can finally let everyone know. 

I can feel it.

I can feel the warmth that sent waves through my body. 

Until there is room for one more person.

And only that person.

I feel alive.