Lukewarm

Little Things

Title: Lukewarm
​Word Count: 1272
​OTP: Wooki / Woono (Wooseok x Kino - Help me choose an otp name gahd)
Random Tags: #a bit ty at the start #sad-ish #fourth #this is a surprising song tbh #I thought it was fun and all #but it was about breakups #wooseok #kino #woono #wooki #sorry;;;

<><><><><><><><><><>

Wooseok pinned Kino to the nearest wall.

 

Kino looked up to the taller male as he needily​ wrapped his arms around the other's neck. It felt electrifying to feel Wooseok's soft skin against his. He could even hear his heartbeat ringing against his ear. His breath became short and sharp. He just admired​ the masterpiece in front of him. His gaze was just stuck to him. He couldn't think. He couldn't speak. The overwhelming feeling still got the best of him. He did not know if it was out of his love for Wooseok, or maybe it was just their raging hormones since they just became twenty years old. Nevertheless, Kino felt utterly excited. He felt like his body was set on fire; his insides were burning as if he was intoxicated with alcohol. Well, his feelings for the taller male was just as deadly​ intoxicating as any other expensive alcohol in the world. He noticed the glint of excitement and determination in Wooseok's gaze. Or was that only Kino's interpretation? It did not matter. What mattered was Wooseok and Kino finally had all the time and space for themselves.  

​And Kino prepared himself for anything that could happen.

​Wooseok leaned in for a kiss, capturing Kino's lips to his own. It was the first time Kino felt that way after a long while. Butterflies began to flutter in his stomach. Kino tilted his head to the side to deepen the said kiss and closed his eyes to let the feeling linger. He felt at bliss; their lips dancing in sync once again. His legs felt like jelly as he could not stand straight anymore. The wall was his only support other than his hold on Wooseok. His ears flared in embarassment and excitement. He felt Wooseok's arms snake around his waist. Those large hands slowly roaming Kino's flawless skin. The naughty fingers began to pass under Kino's shirt. Kino might have squeaked in between their kiss; he was ticklish that way. Wooseok pulled away slightly from their contact but only by a hairstrand's length. He had an amused smile on his face as he pecked Kino's lips multiple times out of his cheekiness.

"You're so cute, Kino," Wooseok began with a soft chuckle.

​"You're the one to talk," Kino retorted in a small voice.

​A small laugh escaped Wooseok's lips as he pulled away completely, resting his hands on Kino's waist. That might have made Kino a wee bit disappointed. They were already alone after a very​ long while. The smaller male blinked in confusion and demanded an answer. It was a bit obvious with his expression.

​"The hyungs might hear us," Wooseok spoke, but to Kino, it was an obvious lie.

 

​Wooseok and Kino had been together ever since they were trainees. They met a couple of times and Kino confessed that he might have taken a liking for Wooseok, and the other felt the same way. Love came at different forms, they have said. They tried dating for about a month or two, and they became official after. However, they did not tell anybody about their relationship, not even their parents, not even their hyungs which were their closest friends. They just hid their relationship and played as if there were no hidden meanings behind their skinship and interactions. They shoved it off as being 'close friends'. But when the hyungs were not there, they went all out​. Hey, they were growing men with growing needs. They kissed; they played with each other, but only until that.

They have reached the third base but they did not get a homerun.

​However, when Pentagon Maker​ began, things became a lot more difficult. Cameras were at them almost everyday to film countless of videos in one day. The only times they were not filmed was when they would go to prepare themselves during bathing, sleeping and makeup. But those weren't even fair as well since there were the staff of the show and the company that watched them 24/7. Moreover, Kino was not always grouped with Wooseok, but he was thankful enough that they were grouped in the major performances. That was a plus.

​Let us not even talk about their debut. When they have debuted, not only the staff of Pentagon Maker were watching, ​everyone​ was. The journalists, the company, the fans; it felt so suffocating. At least for Kino. He did not mind those eyes that watched them. As long as he knew that Wooseok still felt the same, Kino was content with their life. They had a few skinship since they were sitting together during fansign events and they even gave fanservice during such.

​But things were becoming different.

​They did not see as much anymore, privately. And even if they were to see each other, Wooseok had always found a reason so they would not meet at all. Wooseok always told that the hyungs might find them. He told that he had to practice his rap. He told other excuses ever since Pentagon Maker happened. Kino would just nod and change the topic altogether, denying that Wooseok was hiding something. But at that time, Kino would not let it pass by so easily. They have already grown from the show. They had already debuted. They were more free, in a sense. And to top it all of, Wooseok just became twenty a few days ago. They were already at a legitimate age. Nothing was stopping them.

​Or was there?

​"The hyungs already went home," Kino deadpanned as he crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Why?"

​Wooseok looked back at Kino as if he was confused himself. Kino sighed softly. Was he the only one who felt constricted?

​"Why do you always reason your way out?" Kino asked in a straightforward manner, which caught Wooseok off-guard.

"What do you mean I reason everything out?"

​"Like now. You know that the hyungs are not in the building anymore and you use that against me. Most of the staff are leaving already so no one would ever discover us. So what's wrong?"

​Kino expressed his bottled frustration for months. He was not Yeoone to romanticize things such as relationships. Kino always tried to see the realistic side of things and he was frustrated at himself that he had not seen this relationship through.

"I was just being careful--"

"Again with your excuses."

​Wooseok bit his lip as he looked at the smaller male. Kino felt like he was scolding Wooseok but what could he do? He was not going to be quiet forever, if there were such in there relationship.

​Kino, breathe. 

​A heavy sigh escaped Wooseok's lips as he looked at Kino. He pursed his lips, as if he was doubting himself if he should say it or not.

"Come on. Say it. I'm tired of taking in all of your excuses."

"I don't feel it anymore."

​Those words had struck Kino more than it should have. He might have expected that kind of answer, but he denied himself that Wooseok could not feel the same way anymore. It was not happening.

This​ was not happening.

"What do you--"

​"You know what I mean. I," Wooseok sighed and looked at Kino with longing and worried eyes; with eyes that was trying to search for something, "Don't want to hurt you anymore. I love you, I do. But not the same way as I did before."

​Those words felt like underwater. He could not hear it clearly but the words were there and felt. It felt like Kino's world shattered in a matter of seconds.

 

​"I'm sorry, Kino."