Chapter Seven

Sacrifice: Love or Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kai is gonna die." Luhan lets out a big sigh. Finally he said it. Luhan looks at Sehun and Chanyeol. They look so speechless.

 

"Di....e..."Sehun stutters.

 

"This is a joke, right." This time Chanyeol is the one said it. Luhan believes Sehun and Chanyeol really cannot accept what he told earlier. 

 

"This is true. I know you both may not accept this. But Kai is gonna die. Kai have cancer." Luhan can sees Sehun falls to ground while looking down. While Chanyeol tries to hold something so he do not fall. Their eyes start to fill with tears.

 

"Kai already have cancer for five years." And again Sehun and Chanyeol look shock again. 

 

"Fi...ve...ye...ars..." Sehun cannot hold his tears anymore. 

 

"I know this will hurt you both. But Kai told me to never told both of you. I never agree about that. I tried to talk to him, persuade him but he dont want you two know the truth." Luhan continues. "Since when?" Chanyeol looks at Luhan. Luhan can see how Chanyeol's eyes become red. 

 

"Before you got engaged." Chanyeol looks down. "That also the reason why he rejected Sehun's love."

 

"My love..." Sehun starts to stand up. Chanyeol holds Luhan's shoulder. "Tell me everything." 

 

"Almost what Kai told you guys before is a lie. Kai really love Sehun. I believe Kai's love is bigger than Sehun's love. I don't know why Kai silent at the first time Sehun confessed his feeling. Because what I know, Kai realized he got cancer on the same day his parents died and his high school graduation days. Kai's doctor told me after one year Kai being diagnosed have a cancer, Kai suddenly wanted to get a treatment. He did that for three years. He said Kai wanted to acccept someone feeling. I believe it was you, Sehun." Sehun looks at Luhan.

 

"Kai wait for a long time to recover before he want to accept your feeling. He doesnt want you to know what he faced and made you worried. But all the effort become waste. Only one month after Kai's doctor told Kai that he recovered. The cancer is back. Then Kai started to lose his hope. When he know his condition become worse, he decided he want you, Sehun to move on and forget him. That what he told you both. Everything happen that made you two together like this is all because of Kai's action. He want the one he love the most happy with someone who can take care of him more that he could." 

 

Sehun remembers when the first time Kai reject him properly. Sehun always thought that Kai never loved him and thought this is one sided love. Everything Kai said that day, the reason why he never responded his feeling is all lie. All that to protect himself from feeling hurt more than he felt. Sehun feel like he is idiot. Sehun always thought he know Kai better, but he cannot even realize that Kai is lied to him all this. Now, Sehun know what the meaning of Kai's eyes everything Sehun confessed. Kai sad because he has to lie when he want to tell the truth to him. Feeling cannot told that Kai also love Sehun made Kai's feeling hurt and that show at Kai's eyes.

 

"So...Kai and you..." Chanyeol suddenly remembers something. Sehun looks at Luhan again. "We're not dating. Kai and me are not in a relationship. All this only to made Sehun believes that Kai never love him and to made Sehun move on. That kiss is a fake." Sehun realizes. 

 

"Kai saw you that day and kiss me to made you think that Kai accept my feeling. That the truth." 

 

"I want to see Kai." Sehun said. Chanyeol looks at Sehun. "I want to see Kai now." Sehun's tears cannot hold anymore. He want to see Kai right now. 

 

"Let go to the hospital." Chanyeol said before slowly exit his office follow by Sehun and Luhan. 

 

"Mom!!!" Sehun shouts when he see Mrs. Oh. "What about Kai, mom?" Sehun asked immediately when he stand infront Mrs. Oh.

 

"Kai already in his ward. Doctor told me that Kai still not conscious yet and Kai's condition is not stable yet. Kai cannot accept any visitor now." Sehun looks down. Chanyeol rubs Sehun's back. Chanyeol can see his parents, Sehun's parents and Mr. Xi here. They all look worried and still waiting for Kai's news.

 

"What happen to Kai, Chanyeol?" Mr. Park suddenly said. "Dad..."

 

"Last time I see Kai. Kai still healthy. Why he suddenly faint. The doctor also seem do not want to tell anything. Is there something that we dont know about Kai." Chanyeol looks his father. Chanyeol still shocked about the news that he received earlier. 

 

"I dont know, dad, mom." Chanyeol tries his best to not tell the truth. He will find suitable time to tell all of them. 

 

"Luhan..." Minseok calls out Luhan. Chanyeol saw someone exit from Kai's room. Everyone ambush Minseok.

 

"Doctor Kim, please tell me about Kai?" Mrs. Park asked Minseok. Minseok sighs. "Kai is not conscious yet, but his condition become better. You can visit him one by one." Minseok said.

 

"Thank you, Doctor Kim." Mr. Oh said. Minseok bows to Mr.Oh before Mrs. Oh enters Kai's room. 

 

"Luhan, I need to talk to you." Minseok wants to go but Luhan prevents him too. Minseok looks at Luhan. "This is Chanyeol and Sehun. Kai's bestfriend." Luhan introd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter