Chapter Five

Sacrifice: Love or Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai woke up in a familiar surrounding. He tries to look at right and left to know where he is. "Why am I here?" Kai starts remember about what happen on Chanyeol and Sehun engagement party. Kai starts to move to see if Sehun and Chanyeol there until he hears someone enter his room.

 

"You are awake." Kai looks at that person. "Luhan..." Kai looks at his bed before he continues "You must already know." Kai can see Luhan sits at the chair. 

 

"Yeah. Before you faint, I already know." Kai shocks. "You knew...Since when?" Luhan sighs "On your last appoinment." Kai can looks at his bed. He did not know that Luhan already known long enough. "Did Chanyeol and Sehun know about this?"

 

"No. Since I heard from Minseok that you wanted this to keep secret until your die." 

 

"Do you know Minseok?" Minseok is Kai's doctor. Only Minseok know about this. "Minseok is my friend. We go to the same high school." Kai nods. 

 

"It that the true reason why you reject Sehun?" Kai looks at Luhan. Just how much Luhan know about this. "Everything. I know everything." Luhan replies Kai like he know what Kai thinking. Luhan leans at his seat. 

 

"Remember when I confessed my feeling to you at the amusement park. You rejected me and said to me that you love someone else. But you suddenly kissed me, I really shocked. Then I saw Sehun run away. I also heard your conversation with Chanyeol. Then I really sure who the one that you are love. You love Sehun. You told Chanyeol that your feeling towards Sehun already end long ago but no. You never stop loving Sehun. Dont you wonder why I am continue to act as your lover when I know you already rejected me. Since then I wonder why you keep your feeling secret until the day you meet Minseok. Then I know everything..."

 

Flashback

 

Luhan see the lunch box that he prepared for Minseok. When he received calls from Minseok said that he work at nearest hospital made Luhan wanted to see his best friend. Luhan about to call Minseok when he saw someone that he knew out from the room. 

 

"Kai...Why he is here. Did he sick?" Luhan wanted to call Kai when he saw Minseok out from the room. Then he heard something.

 

"Please Minseok. Dont tell anyone. I beg you." Minseok only shaken his head. "Its not something you can hide, Kai. Everyone need to know. You can get more better." 

 

"I already tried, Minseok. But it getting back. I already tried." Kai said before he leaves. Luhan keep looked at Kai until he dissapear from hospital then Luhan knocked at Minseok room.

 

"Come in." Luhan heard Minseok and Luhan enter the room. "Luhan. It been a long time." Minseok hugged Luhan. "I missed you, Minseok." Luhan hugged Minseok back. Suddenly he remembered about Kai. Luhan pushed Minseok away. Minseok looked at Luhan confused. 

 

"What Kai's secret?" Luhan straightforward. Minseok looked shocked. 

 

"You know Kai."

 

"Kai worked at my father restaurant and he is also my friend." Luhan took Minseok's hand and looked at Minseok. "I know Kai asked you to keep this secret but I can feel this is big secret. I beg you, Minseok. Please tell me." Minseok started to think. Whether to tell the truth or brush it off. But Minseok made decision.

 

"I know I already promised to Kai but I believe everyone should know about this." Luhan looked worried. "What it is?" 

 

"Kai have a cancer." Luhan started to stumble backward. If not because about Minseok fast to hold him, Luhan already fall. "Can...cer. Since when?"

 

"Five years ago." Luhan looked at Minseok. "Please tell me everything."

 

End of flashback

 

"Minseok also told me that after you knew you have cancer, you lose your motivation to keep life. But suddenly, you wanted to get treament." Luhan said to Kai about what Minseok told him.

 

"I did everything. I do the surgery. I do the chemotherapy. I did everything because Minseok told me. I will be become better, But after all the effort that I made, my cancer back." Kai starts to cry. "For f***king three years, I do everything but it only became waste. It useless. I gonna died. That why I dont want Sehun to keep loving me. I cannot be beside him forever and I will only hurt him. I dont want that." 
 

 

"Its that why you asked Chanyeol to tell his feeling towards Sehun." Luhan can feel his heart hurt. This is second time that Luhan see Kai being this broken. The first one when Chanyeol confessed his feeling to Sehun, Luhan follow Kai that day and saw Kai cried very hard when Sehun accept Chanyeol.

 

"I dont wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter