Chapter 8

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Jessica did after waking up in the morning seeing Tiffany lying beside her is to check if she still has her clothes on. She sighed in relief when saw that it's still intact, which means nothing else happened during the night they shared a kiss for the first time. If something did happen between them, Tiffany Hwang has to prepare her ears for Jessica's seldom-to-be-heard scream which the playful Choi Sooyoung described as the "eardrums assassinator".

"Why did I let her kiss me?" Jessica asked herself while taking a closer look at the sleeping girl. She kept staring at the features of Tiffany's face while thinking back of their kiss. And when her gaze landed at the plump lips that perfectly molded against hers last night, Jessica felt her heart running as fast as a wildfire. She's not good at handling this feeling that's completely new to her. So Jessica backed away immediately and tried to shake the thoughts of their kiss out of her mind. When it didn't help, she rushed to the kitchen and finished a glass of water in one swig hoping that it will help her calm her beating heart. "What do I do now? Since I kissed her back, does that mean she's now my girlfriend? But isn't it that I have to tell her that I like her first before we can become official?"

Jessica didn't mind if she looks stupid while talking to herself, bombarding her mind with questions she's not comfortable to answer. Yes, she can admit that she trusts Tiffany now and that she wants her to be someone she can always rely on. But to tell her the magic words the American longs to hear is something she finds quite challenging to do. 

"Jess? Are you okay?" Daniel asked when he saw his friend pacing at the kitchen. "You're up early. Are you feeling better now?"

Jessica turned around and tried her best to flash a genuine smile to avoid making Daniel worried. "Yeah. I'm feeling okay now," she assured him. "Thanks for looking after me Daniel. And I'm sorry for giving you a hard time again."

"It's fine. It's my duty to take care of you. But are you sure you're already okay? You don't have to pretend to be strong Jess. I'll understand if you still haven't moved on from your eomma's death. It's okay if you want to shed more tears as long as you're not doing anything that could harm yourself. I've seen how important Miss Kim is in your life so it's alright if-"

Jessica cutted off Daniel's statement with another assurance and a more positive smile. "I'm okay now Daniel. Believe me. Yes, I'm still sad for losing eomma. But I already learned to accept that there's nothing I can do to change eveything that has happened. Tiffany is right with what she told me last night. I am not alone even though I've already lost the most precious people in my life. I still have you and Sooyoung. I have dad and his sons...And I have Tiffany too. You guys are my reasons to continue living so I will not let my struggles weigh me down again. I'm sure that this is what my mom and eomma wants for me too. For me not to dwell on the pain of my past and to keep moving forward with a smile."

Daniel was pleased to hear those words from Jessica. To see her embracing a positive outlook in life has always been one of his wishes ever since what happened to her mother.

Back in Jessica's room, the latter once again found herself not knowing what to do while looking at the girl who's still sleeping on her bed. Because she has to keep her real identity a secret, Jessica learned to handle any situations including the ones that are too awkward for other people. She had always been good at pretending that none if it affects her. However, after last night's kiss, Jessica is not sure anymore if she'd still be able to act normally around the American girl.

"H-Hi," Tiffany uttered in a stutter upon seeing Jessica sitting beside her. The latter had her arms crossed over her chest and a cold aura is emanating from her. Little did she know, Jessica's doing it to mask her awkwardness.

"I thought it's going to take you a decade before waking up," Jessica managed to say in her usual manner of talking to Tiffany. "If you still haven't woke up, I would have poured a glass of water on your face."

"What?! You're really going to do that?"

"Why? You think I can't? Because of you I didn't have the bed for myself. You must know how uncomfortable it was for me to share half of it's space."

"Uncomfortable?" Tiffany smirked and crawled ily towards Jessica, causing the latter to be taken aback. "Did it really make you uncomfortable? Or is it the opposite?"

Jessica didn't reply. She tried her best to push Tiffany off her but to no avail. "Get off me Tiffany Hwang or else I'm going to kick your crotch! I swear I'm going to do it," she threatened but Tiffany's unfazed.

"Go ahead if you can. If I won't be able to walk because of pain, you'll be obliged to take care of me. Having you as my nurse will be awesome. It will also give me a little more time to spend here in your precious bed."

"Tch! You're really something Tiffany Hwang. You are too persistent."

"I have to be. I told you already how serious I am of making you mine. From the looks of it, it seems like I'm near to achieving that." Tiffany paused to glance at Jessica's lips "...especially because you kissed me back last night."

Tiffany's teasing didn't end there. She also quickly kissed Jessica on her lips before scurrying out of the room to spare her ears from the Jung's ear-piercing scream.

"You look like you're in a really great mood today Tiff," Sophie said during hers and Laura's video call with their friend. "Mind telling us what happened? Laura and I are excited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter