Chapter 5

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Making Tiffany Hwang fall in love with her is not part of Jessica Jung's to-do list. It never was and she never thought of adding it to her list either. So aside from initiating a change in the rebellious girl's attitude, Jessica's reason for treating her guest in a harsh manner is to avoid making her like her in a different sense. However, no matter what she did and no matter how rude she has been to her, she still failed in meeting all of her objectives. Because after almost three months of living together, Tiffany Hwang confessed that she has fallen in love with her annoying landlady and chaperone.

"Are you not going to say anything?" Tiffany prompted when Jessica was slow to process a response to her confession. "Are you just going to stand there and say nothing after I confessed that I'm in love with you? Are you not-"

"Don't," Jessica stated to cut off Tiffany's statement. The latter creased her brows in confusion and asked what she meant by that one word. "Don't love me Tiffany. My life is more complicated than what your eyes can see. You'll only suffer because of me and I don't want that to happen. Although I said that you deserve someone better than Nickhun, it doesn't mean that you should love someone like me. I am not the right person for you Tiffany. I'm sorry."

After giving an answer to Tiffany's sudden confession, Jessica locked herself in her room to think about what had just happened. She regrets hurting the American girl. She feels sorry for telling her to stop loving someone like her. But in her life that is full of unresolved issues, rejecting Tiffany's love is the only option she has. She'd rather be a heartless villain to her guest than to let her get tangled in a complicated web that is called her life.

Meanwhile, spending an alone time at a coffee shop that is a ten-minute walk from Jessica's house was her bestfriend, Daniel Yang. He's staring blankly at the passing vehicles while thinking about the admiration Tiffany has for his friend. Daniel had witnessed a lot of people - boys and girls - confessing their feelings for Jessica. It hurt him. It always did. 

"A penny for your thoughts?" said someone who shared Daniel's favorite table that is situated at the porch of the coffee shop. This person is no other than his classmate Choi Sooyoung, who is the only child of the establishment's owner. Sooyoung flashed her friendly smile as soon as the young man spared a glance at her. "Let me guess. You're thinking about Sica, aren't you?"

Daniel didn't say anything and just averted his gaze at the warm drink on his table. But the humorless slant on his mouth and the remote look in his eyes earlier were enough answers for Sooyoung. She is the only student in Shinjae University who knows everything about Jessica and Daniel.

"It's been a year since you told me that you're in love with her. Yet it seems that until now, you still haven't tried telling her about it. Why? Why can't you tell her that you like her more than a friend?"

"You know the reason why I can't. I can never ask for us to be more than what we are to each other. It's a rule that I need to follow Sooyoung."

"Are you saying that you will just continue loving her secretly? Is that what you really want to do for the rest of your life? To be a martyr in love?"

"I made a vow Sooyoung. My duty is to protect her and not to fall in love with her. Her father is not going to accept me as her lover."

Sooyoung heaved a sigh of dejection. She wants to continue persuading Daniel to be up-front with his feelings for his bestfriend. But Sooyoung knows that no matter what she'll say,  the dutiful man will not waver in his decision.


---


"I am not the right person for you Tiffany. I'm sorry." Tears streaked down Tiffany's face as these words kept playing on her mind. It's been hours since the confession she made, yet she's still wide awake and thinking about Jessica's response. She's truly in love with the girl she used to hate. That is why she was strongly hurt with her rejection.

"Your voice sounds different Tiff," Laura noted during her phonecall with Tiffany to greet her for the Valentine's day. "Did something happen? You sound like you cried a river."

"I'm okay. I'm just tired because I didn't have enough sleep last night," Tiffany said to avoid worrying her friend.

There was a momentary silence at the other line. All Tiffany could hear was a pitter-patter caused by Laura's little sister who's playing at her bedroom.

"I don't think you're okay," Laura said a little later. "I've known you since we were kids so I know when you're upset or not. Tell me Tiff. What's going on? Is it about your dad again? Or is it about your Valentine's date? Did he cheat on you?"

Tiffany jibbed on telling the real reason behind her tears but Laura wheddled. Therefore, she told her friend about what happened, including the fact that she's not in love with Nickhun and that she was just using him to forget her budding feelings for Jessica.

"I see," Laura sighed. "So you fell head over heels with the girl you'd always been complaining about. What are you going to do now? Are you still going to pursue this Miss Jung after she rejected you?"

"You're asking me what to do instead of giving me an advice?" Tiffany chided. "Didn't you say you want to help me? What's the point of telling you my problem if it's me who needs come up with the solution?"

Laura gurgled with laughter because of her friend. She likes it a lot when Tiffany's complaining especially in a high-pitched tone. "I'm sorry Tiff. But in your current situation, it's you who knows what's best to do. It's you who knows your heart so well. What is it telling you? Is it telling you to give up on Miss Vermin or to pursue her no matter what it takes? I will support whichever decision you'll make. I'm sure Sophie will acquiesce with your choice as well." 

Laura still got something to say but Tiffany cut her off by answering her question with finality. "I'm not going to stop my heart from beating for Jessica. I'm going to teach her to accept me. I'm going to make her love me Laura."

The blonde Ame

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter