Chapter 10

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because she also has a boisterous personality, Tiffany assumed that it will be her who will have to do something in order to make others know that she and the university's most popular student are now in a relationship. It never once crossed her mind that Jessica will admit their relationship status unless she dares the girl into doing so. Hence, when Jessica held her hands and kissed her in front of the students, the American girl was utterly taken aback.

"So..." Jessica gazed at Tiffany's blushing cheeks and with a wide grin. "Now that I indirectly proclaimed that we're dating, are you still going to challenge me in today's exam Miss Tiffany Hwang?" she asked her in a playful tone. "I don't mind if you still plan to do so. I'm a for high scores after all so saying no to an academic competition is not in my vocabulary."

Tiffany's still overwhelmed with Jessica's unforeseen romantic move so the only word she managed to slip out of was a simple no. Her girlfriend can't help but to giggle while looking at her. She's being entertained, not only with Tiffany's adorable stupefied state, but also of how she made the students know that she is currently in love with her eye-smiling boarder. Even Daniel and Sooyoung didn't expect that their friend would do something like that in front of many Shinjae students.

"From now on I'd like you to keep in mind that you don't have to compete with me anymore Tiff. I just want you to continue doing well in class. You are my girlfriend now. If you want me to do something special for you, you can just simply ask. Or..." Jessica inched closer until her lips nearly touched Tiffany's ear. "I can just surprise you again...like this," she whispered before placing a kiss on Tiffany's cheek. After doing so, she headed to their classroom, leaving behind her crimson-faced lover and their two friends who slow clapped at her surprising acts.

"Wow. I can see ants crawling everywhere," Sooyoung said, nudging the blushing girl. "How I wish I also have a Jessica Jung doing something to inspire me in today's exam. You are one lucky girl Tiff. A very, very lucky girl for someone who said she'll never like our Jessi."

Sooyoung kept teasing Tiffany about Jessica, especially on how much she used to insist that she will never like the popular student. Because of her teasing, it became hard for the American girl to remove the red tinge on her cheeks. Jessica's action left her absolutely inspired that day. Though their practical exam known as objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) was tough, Tiffany wasn't bothered at all. She solved every scenario with ease and was able to perform the needed nursing procedure like an advanced practitioner. She only struggled at the last station wherein Jessica was handpicked by the clinical instructor to act as the patient.

In that last station, Tiffany was asked in what position she should place Jessica if she is to undergo a Pap Smear. Her face turned red because of this query. She wanted to change the scenario but she couldn't. It's in the rules that no student can change the scenario written in the roll of paper he or she got from the fish bowl. "Curse this unlucky hand!" Tiffany mentally grumbled as she proceeded with the procedure. 

Different erted thoughts played on Tiffany's mind while she's placing her girlfriend in the so-called dorsal lithotomy position, especially when she had to spread her legs while putting her feet on the stirrups. And although it's the proper position for a Pap Smear, Tiffany didn't earn a perfect score from the instructor because she forgot to place a drape on her pretend patient.

"This is your fault!" Tiffany said, stomping her feet and hitting Jessica's arm. She's dismayed after seeing the result of their clinical examination. The list of the twenty students who performed their best at the OSCE was posted at the bulletin board outside their dean's office. And as usual, Jessica's in the first place with the not anymore surprising rating of 100%. Tiffany's at the second place with 99% while Daniel's at the third place with 97% followed by Sooyoung with the rating of 96.5%. "This is really really your fault!" she said again while drumming her fists at the Jung's shoulder. 

"Why? What did I do?" the clueless Jung replied. She winced as she kept rubbing the spot tortured by her girlfriend. 

"It's because you distracted me during the exam day!"

"What? I did not!"

"Yes you did! If you didn't distract me while I'm doing the procedure, I wouldn't have forgotten to place a blanket on your upper body and my score's probably the same as yours!"

Tiffany's definitely whining like a kid but Jessica didn't have time to care because her mind's busy constructing a sentence to defend herself. "I didn't do a single thing to keep you out of focus okay? I was just simply lying there while waiting for you to finish putting me in that awkward position that made me look vulnerable to ual harrassment. You should know better how uncomfortable it was for me to be lying in that D.R. table and having my feet placed on the stirrups thereby making my legs spread apart so wide!"

Jessica's voice was loud enough for the nearby students and the faculty members to hear. They all stopped what they're doing and stared at the Jung, amused at how adorable she can manage to be when she's arguing with her girlfriend. While they stared at her, they were also trying to stifle their laugh as they imagined her lying in the most common hospital birthing position. Jessica felt extremely embarrassed with the attention she gained. So when she went to the parking lot, she avoided making an eye contact with everyone. She got inside her car and didn't bother to come out until she's out of the school's territory.

"Jess?" Tiffany called but it fell on deaf ears. Nevertheless, she continued what she had to tell her. "Sooyoung said she'll be late for the group study because they have a family gathering today."

The embarrassed Jessica was not in the mood for any kind of conversation, be it with Tiffany or their friends, so she raised one hand to signal her girlfriend to stop chatting with her. Her silence continued until the end of their group study for the upcoming final examination.

"Give her time. She'll probably get over it later," Sooyoung advised the worried American girl. She's staying over at the Jung's residence until Sunday and she'll also be sharing Tiffany's room. "It's Jess' first time to be embarrassed in front of other people so she doesn't know how to deal with it in a mature way."

"Really? She's never been embarrassed her whole life?"

"Never. Because she's the secret daughter of two famous individuals, Jess had always been cautious with her actions whenever she's in public places. It was only after she met you that she started doing things she's never done before."

A goofy grin replaced Tiffany's frown. She felt proud knowing that she is the trigger of changes in Jessica's behavior.

******

On the following day, when she drew the curtains, Jessica saw a note plastered on her window. It's from Tiffany. She's saying sorry for their petty banter and was also greeting her with a sweet good morning. Jessica also found another note taped on her door. 

"No matter how cute, serious, or scary your way is in dealing with a situation, I'll still love you my beautiful chaperone." - The note said and below it was a drawing of them with cat's ears. This cute and sweet message effectively painted a smile on Jessica's face.

"Good morning Jess," Sooyoung greeted upon seeing her friend. 

"Good morning. Where's Tiffany?"

"At the garden. She said watering the plants is her chore when there are no classes. Daniel had just left to go to the convenience store to buy snacks for our review later. That means I'm in-charged of making sure you're safe Miss First Daughter. Don't go anywhere without me knowing okay?"

Jes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter