Chapter 7

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's face was unreadable after Tiffany challenged her for a race. Surprise and amusement were both hidden in her puzzling facade. As for Tiffany, since she'd known Jessica for quite some time now, she was confident that her beautiful landlady will not say no to the challenge. She strongly believed that Jessica will do it in order to defend her ego. However, unpredictability was at it's finest during that day. What Tiffany had been expecting wasn't what happened next.

" you." Such were the words that effortlessly came out of Jessica's mouth as she was glaring at the American girl. The latter's jaw dropped after hearing what she said. She never thought that she'd hear something like that from the girl who's not fond of saying vulgar words during the times she was in the mood to annoy her boarder.

"Excuse me? W-What did you just say?" Tiffany asked in a stutter caused by both her surprise and annoyance.

"I said you," Jessica answered without hesitation. "How dare you challenge me to a race which I have no chance of winning? Are you doing this to insult me Tiffany Hwang? Next time, if you want to play a game, decide on it fairly instead of thoughtlessly coming up with it."

Irritation was clearly written on Jessica's face when she walked out of the running track. Tiffany was left utterly confused with Jessica's reaction, while Sooyoung and Daniel were laughing heartily because of it.

"Hey you two!" Tiffany roared. She was stomping her feet when she approached the laughing duo. "What was that? Didn't you say Jessica was a member of the track and field team when she was in highschool?"

"Yes. I think we said something like that," Sooyoung replied with a mischievous smile.

"Then why did she tell me that she has no chance of winning this race? What kind of an athlete would say something like that?!"

It was Daniel who stepped forward to answer Tiffany. He's still trying to suppress his laughter when he cleared up the girl's confusion. "I'm sorry for giving you the wrong information Tiff. The truth is Jessi never joined the track and field team. The only sport she played was swimming."

"Then why did you lie to me? Do you know how ashamed I've become because of Jessica's reaction? I didn't practice for a week just to be embarrassed like that!"

"Forgive us for trolling you Tiff," Sooyoung said. "We did it because we wanted to see Jessi's reaction if you'll challenge her to do something she hates the most. We're sorry for not telling you frankly that our friend has that lazy side on her too."

At home, Tiffany couldn't manage to look at Jessica in the eyes. She felt more embarrassed rather than being riled up because of the two words her landlady said. Her awkwardness continued on for days. When she couldn't take it any longer, she decided to make a move.

Early in the morning at Sunday, Tiffany knocked on Jessica's door. When she heard no response after several knocks, she tried twisting the doorknob and found out that the door's not locked. "I'll come in okay?" she nervously announced before entering Jessica's room. It's Tiffany's first time to be here. The room's as neat as she expected it to be. Everything from top to bottom, from the linens to the furnitures, is in white. There are no scratches anywhere and no details looking out of place. On top of the cabinet, there are some photos displayed. Half of it are pictures of Song YoonA while the other half are solo pictures of Jessica.

At the wall facing Jessica's bed was a huge oil painting. In this painting, a five year old Jessica can be seen sitting on her mother's lap. Such masterpiece is so lovely to look at. Tiffany became engrossed with it to the extent that she almost forgot about looking for Jessica.

"What are you doing here?" the Jung asked sternly which scared Tiffany. She had just came out of the shower. And though she's wearing a bathrobe that covered most of her milky legs, Tiffany still gulped because of her oozing appeal.

"I ugh..." Tiffany couldn't find the words to say. She couldn't make an eye contact either. Jessica's cold gaze and her fresh-from-the-shower look made it hard for Tiffany to concentrate. "I...I'm sorry for coming in without your permission Jessica. I just want to talk to you about what happened last week."

"There is nothing about it that we need to talk about."

"Of course there is. I offended you Jessica. I challenged you to do something you hate so I want to tell you I'm sorry. I was wrong for coming up with such decision without thoroughly investigating your likes and dislikes."

"It's okay. You were trolled by Sooyoung and Daniel so it's not entirely your fault. I am accepting your apology Tiffany. You can leave now. I don't like an audience when I'm preparing for my trip."

"Your trip? Does that mean you're going to Ulsan today?"

"Yes."

"Can I go with you?" Tiffany doesn't like spending the whole day waiting for Jessica to come home. The day seems longer without her. "I want to help the staff in taking care of the patients. I promise I will not be a bother to you." She clasped her hands and begged for Jessica to let her go with her to the hospice care unit.

Jessica looked at Tiffany in the eyes and later heaved out a sigh. Her puppy eyes are quite hard to resist. "Fine. If that's what you want," she said which became the reason for Tiffany to smile winsomely. Due to her overwhelming happiness, she hugged Jessica by the waist and thanked her non-stop. The latter said and did nothing though she was surprised by Tiffany's hug. When the latter realized what she's doing, she once again felt really awkward.

"S-Sorry. I...I was just so happy that you're allowing me to go with you," Tiffany explained before scurrying out of Jessica's room. She kept scolding herself while choosing an outfit. But she stopped midway when she remembered the feeling of Jessica's covered chest pressed against hers. The recollection of it caused her to blush deeply. "Stop your erted thoughts Tiffany H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter