Chapter 12

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sophie and Laura will only be staying in Daegu for ten days. After that ten days, they will be going back to their normal routines as college students. For others, this number of days is already a long enough time to spend for a vacation. But for the two, it's quite short given how long they haven't seen their friend face to face. They missed Tiffany so much. So they made the most out of the time that they have to spend with her.

Together with Jessica, Daniel and their friend Sooyoung, the three Californian girls explored selected places in South Korea. They visited several tourist destinations per day especially those that are commonly featured in Kdramas. They indulged their senses with different Korean foods. They experienced being taught by Jessica on how to make a kimchi and how to wear a hanbok. They shopped for trendy fashion items and even attended a concert of a famous Korean band. Most of the time their expenses were paid by Jessica. Such became another reason for the two to adore their friend's girlfriend even more. They are so mesmerized by her that Tiffany had to scold them sometimes whenever they're getting too close to her girlfriend.

"You are so damn lucky to have a Jessica Jung as your girlfriend Tiff. I wish I could find someone like her too, be that person a male or a female," Laura said a day before their vacation ends. 

"I agree with Laura," Sophie said as she happily packed the beauty products Jessica bought for her and Laura. "Jessica has so many positive adjectives to describe her. She's not only a pretty face and a hot girlfriend. She's also well-mannered and wealthy. I bet her parents were as nice as her too. Too bad they're already dead. It would have been better if they're still here."

"Yeah. If they're still here, I'd thank them for bringing Jessica in this world. It was her who effectively knocked some sense in our friend when we can't. Because of her, Tiff is now back to her normal self."

"I'd do the same too. I'd thank them a million times for raising their daughter well. But we also shouldn't forget to credit Uncle Hwang for every good thing that is happening now. Banishing Tiff might be a harsh punishment, but thanks to it because she changed. Tiff changed Jessica too so it's a win-win situation."

The two laughed as they begin to recollect the days that their friend was still a rebellious girl and compared it to the Tiffany now. The latter just laughed along as she listened to the conversation. On the inside, she feels guilty because she's hiding the facts regarding Jessica's family background. What Laura and Sophie know is that her parents are Kim Eun Hae and Jung Woo Rang who are both already dead. She never once tried to tell them that Jessica is a secret daughter. It's not a matter of not trusting her friends. Heaven and Earth knows how much trust Tiffany has for them. What's stopping her in telling the truth is that she doesn't like divulging the sensitive information while she still don't have Jessica's permission.

"By the way Tiff I have a question to ask you," Sophie said all of a sudden which inadvertently made Tiffany nervous.

"What is it?" she responded in almost a stutter.

"What kind of business did Jessica inherit from her parents? I bet it's huge because she's using platinum cards."

"Yeah, I noticed that too," Laura agreed. "Her place isn't the outlandish type but her wallet screams so much wealth. So that also got me curious on what type of company she owns. Did she tell you about it Tiff? Is it a famous company? Does it have a branch in America?"

Tiffany didn't know what to do to avoid the topic. If she tells them that Jessica owns a life insurance company, a hospice care unit, and a recently founded microchip production company, her friends will ask her questions that might lead her into revealing that Jessica Jung is the secret daughter of the wealthy, famous and humble actress Song Yoona. She kept floundering until she heard Daniel passing by the backyard, giving commands to his cousins through his walkie-talkie. It sounded like there is a problem so Tiffany went out of her room to see what's going on. Curious, Sophie and Laura followed her to the porch.

"Is something going on?" Tiffany asked as soon as she saw Daniel approaching.

The young man didn't say a word. Instead, he glanced towards the direction of the main gate. There Tiffany saw an unfamiliar sedan car with tinted windows entering the vicinity. 

"Who is that?" she asked, having no idea of who the guest could be.

"It's the devil," Daniel grumbled.

"The devil? I don't think I know who you're referring to."

Tiffany had her brows creased in confusion as she waited for the unexpected guest to be revealed. When a woman in her late fifties alighted the car, she understood why Daniel referred to her as 'the devil'. Indeed she deserves to be labeled as that because she is no other than Mrs. Jung - the woman who ill-treated her girlfriend and the woman she had just seen face to face.

Mrs. Jung glanced at the three girls she doesn't know personally. She didn't seem happy nor galled to see them in Jessica's place. "Where is she?" she asked with a voice resonating authority but Daniel didn't cower at all. He stood still like a gallant butler shown in the movies.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but Miss Jessica doesn't have an obligation to entertain you today Mrs. Jung," the young man stated, audaciously disregarding Mrs. Jung's rank in the society. "As you can see, she have special guests to attend to. You can come back later once you've made an appointment."

"Ha!" exclaimed Mrs. Jung, rather aghast. "Me? An appointment? How dare you to tell me to make an appointment?! You are just a lowly butler Daniel Yang. You have no iota of right to tell me what to do and to speak to me without an ounce of respect!"

Mrs. Jung still has something to say to Daniel but Jessica butted in. "And you also have no iota of right to insult my friend inside my territory," she said, arms crossed over her chest.

Sophie and Laura just stood in uncomfortable silence. They're utterly confused of the situation but they reserved the asking for later. Tiffany, on the other hand, is concerned about her girlfriend. But when she saw the absence of fear in Jessica's eyes, she felt relieved.

"What are you doing here Kim Hae Soo? I don't remember doing anything that demands your presence in my mother's house. If it's a matter about your sons frequently visiting me, then I'd tell you once again that it's not my fault why they keep coming back here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter