Chapter 1

I Could Not Ask For More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's just the third month of the first semester for the school year 2017 to 2018 in Xavier University, a prestigious school in California when it comes to the field of medical sciences. But for the ninth time since she became a student of Xavier, the second year nursing student named Tiffany Hwang was once again summoned by the dean.

"This is the ninth time I received a complaint about your willful disobedience Miss Hwang," the dean informed disappointingly. Her arms were crossed while standing by the windows and glaring at the young woman, who was reported for goosing her Anatomy professor. However, the twenty year old student was being her usual self. She didn't even look scared with the way Mrs. Judith Castor was looking at her. Not even the dean's highly domineering voice and exasperated sigh raised a hair on Tiffany's arm. "One more offense," she said, emphasizing every word "...and I will no longer listen to your father's plea of letting you stay in this university."

Tiffany sneered at the threat given by the dean who happened to be her mother's eldest sister. "That's the eighth time you said that line Aunt Judith," she said mockingly. "Why don't you just expel me if that is what you really want to do? What's the use of keeping a deviant student like me? Besides, instead of saving lives, what my hands are capable of is worsening a patient's condition. Isn't that what you told me when a sorority member was rushed to the hospital because of me?"

Without waiting for the dean's counter, Tiffany Hwang turned her back and left the nursing office. Mrs. Castor was able to do nothing but to slump on her chair and sigh dejectedly. She doesn't know anymore what she can do to discipline her sister's daughter.

"You ditched your classes again?" says Tiffany's friend, Sophie, while they were playing snooker at the latter's house. Though she also loves making trouble, the British girl who grew up in America at least knows when she should listen to her parents.

"It's boring," Tiffany replied as she continued playing the game.

"If the dean isn't your auntie, and if your father's not a shareholder in Xavier, I would be wondering by now how you managed to pass your first year. With your habit of ditching classes and not paying attention to your teachers, I doubt if they'll let you finish a single semester. Xavier is a school for wholesome students, Tiff. You have a great IQ but your EQ is something they could consider as trash."

Tiffany just smirked at Sophie's blatant remark. She's already used to her friends talking to her in a forthright manner. She's like that to them anyways. "Thanks for the compliment Sof," she said to her.

Sophie took off her non-existent hat and bowed with utmost reverence to further pal. "You're welcome," she said which was followed with a toothy grin.

Sophie Sumner is right with the way she decribed Tiffany Hwang. She really is a talented person. She's capable of answering impromptu questions and solving a difficult equation during highschool. She inherited this intelligence from her American mother, a nurse who worked in California's number one hospital, and her South Korean dad who's working as a businessman. Tiffany even used to be one of the top ten students in her primary and secondary schools. But after her mother died a day after her highschool graduation, the girl with an eye smile began to display a rebellious behavior.

---

"Mrs. Stuart! Where are all my stuffs?!" Tiffany roared when she saw her empty closet ten days after she was reprimanded by her aunt.

The old housekeeper immediately went to Tiffany's room and bowed at the fuming lady. "We placed it downstairs, Miss Tiffany," she nervously informed. "Your father told us to pack all your stuffs."

"And why did he do it?"

It was Mr. Hwang who answered his daughter's question. He told Tiffany that he will be sending her to South Korea, the country where she was born and lived for five years.

"What?!" Tiffany said in utmost disbelief. "When did I ever hinted on wanting to go back to your country? I don't even have friends there!"

"It's my order, Tiffany. You are no longer a student of Xavier. Instead, you will continue your studies in a private school in Daegu. I will not allow you to come back here until you finish your college degree."

"You're cruel. You didn't even ask for my permission."

"I don't need a deviant girl's permission. It's your fault for pushing me to my limit Tiffany. You already caused enough trouble for me and your aunt. It's time for you to learn your lessons."

Her father's face was voided with humor. Hence, Tiffany knew that there's nothing she can do to change his mind. "And where will I live? I don't even know a single person in that place. Your cousins are living in Seoul. Why don't you send me there instead?"

"My decision is final. You will attend a school in Daegu and you will live in Daegu. I already found a place for you to stay. I'm expecting that you will treat the owner with respect and will not act like you usually do. In that house, you are not going to live a princess life Tiffany. Here's your ticket and budget for a week. The plane will leave at seven tonight. I will be here at five thirty to fetch you."

Tiffany Hwang ranted after her father left. She hates him so much for doing something without consulting her. She hates him for treating her the way he does to his subordinates in the business world. She may be from a rich family, but she's not wealthy enough when it comes to love.

"Your father will kill you when he finds out that you're slacking off three hours before your flight Tiff," says Laura, another close friend of Tiffany. She's dawdling at Sophie's house again instead of preparing for her forthcoming flight.

"Then let him do it," Tiffany said nonchalantly. "I am no longer happy with my life anyways."

Laura and Sophie looked at each other's eyes. Questions and worries were silently exchanged between them.

"Seriously Tiff, what really happened to you?" Sophie asked worriedly. "You were not like this before. Yes, you're still the Tiffany Hwang who loves to hang out with us. But you're not anymore the Tiffany Hwang who is happy with her life."

Just like the first time they asked their friend such

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter