10th- She's back.

Don't Go.

 

 

Three days after my absence from school,I finally recovered from the fever I have caught and found the courage to go to school again. I am not afraid of them, I just wouldn't know what to do if I saw them in school. Yura and the guys had visited me everyday after school just to check on whether my fever is getting better or not. In fact,it does since I listened to my mum and she made sure I take the medicines on time. 

 

This morning,Chanyeol texts me and asks if I'm cool with it or not if he drives me to school. I immediately accept the generous offer from him because I am finally getting better from the fever and I don't want it to come back again as me myself  know better than anyone that my own immune system isn't enough strong yet to handle the stuffiness in the crowded public transport. 

 

Actually,I am more than grateful to have them as my company from the past few days because that was what I needed the most after a heartbreak and discovering a deceiving friendship. It's support,and they gave me exactly the support I have needed to wound up the hole in my heart. I plan to treat them a proper meal,not just snacks from a convenience store but a proper meal that will fill up their appetites and even if that means I have to finish off my monthly allowance. 

 

Before I went to sleep last night,I had thought of giving Yura and the guys some things in return for tolerating me and the way  I was dealing with a heartbreak. Even when Yura doesn't know any single thing that happened. I did plan on telling her but I just couldn't find the right timing to open my mouth especially when the guys were here and it feels awkward. So I've decided to tell her in school when I get the chance. 

 

I heave a sigh while stretching my arm out to reach for my school uniform in the wardrobe. How is it possible for me to avoid them when they are in the same class as me? How am I supposed to act like nothing had happened? If I was to be very honest,I had not moved on from my crush on Donghyun. A crush that lasted for almost a year. Of course it is going to hurt seeing him with another girl and that girl turned out to be one of my closest friends,before? The fact she used to be someone I really cared for made it a lot more worse. Of course, seeing them in school would make an impact on me but I know I couldn't run away from this forever. I had to eventually get over this,myself.

 

My mom greets me good morning as I walk down the stairs to get my breakfast in the kitchen. I take a piece of the toast she made and proceed to sit on the chair by the dining table as I watch her making breakfast. She knows perfectly well that something has happened wrong to me and she has to make me say it. She settles down next to me on the chair and takes a sip of her milk as she initiates the conversation,”Sweetheart,are you not going to take some of the strawberry yogurt I bought you yesterday?“ I shake my head,munching on the toast as I make a sound from the back of my throat. Politely,though. 

 

She nods and places her arms on the table. She stares at me for a while,somehow looking like she is in a serious debating session. She wipes  with the tissue I pass to her and crosses her arms,”Mind telling me what is wrong? Or what happened to you that night when you came back with swollen red eyes?“ she raises an eyebrow the moment she stops speaking. 

 

I twirl my thumb around the glass I am holding onto tightly and swallow when I look at her. She is not scary,but having to tell her about what happened wouldn't be very pleasing to her ears. But still,I choose to tell her because she is my mother and not someone else. She is still be the very first person I would go to whenever I face problems. I cough awkwardly,”Mum,it's about Miryo.“ she nods,signalling me to continue as she pours herself another glass of milk. ”She stole? I don't know how to say this but she got together with the guy I had been crushing for almost a year.“ I grab another piece of toast from the rectangular shaped plate and munch on it with full force. 

 

She looks up from her cup to look at me,”Does she know that you like him? Was that why you cried?“ she questions and I nod repeatedly. She shakes her head and continues to voice her thoughts,”Darling,the obvious facts are already stated clearly for your eyes to see,that they are not worth your tears. Things happen,“ her soft voice makes me sigh as comfort finds its way to me and she continues,”that is how you learn to grow up and become a stronger and better person than you once were.“

 

I loosen my grip around the cup and look at my mom,nodding. She smiles at me,”You are going to thank her someday,“ I am absolutely confused,she winks when she sees my confused expression,”believe me. Show her you can be better and you deserve better. “ Just on time when my mom finishes speaking,a car honking echo through the house. 

 

My mom looks at me and gestures her head towards the door,”Is that Chanyeol? He's driving today?“ I nod,giving her a tight and long hug. She pulls away,laughing as she scans my face,”Chanyeol is waiting.“ I give her a smile as I proceed to the door,not forgetting to thank her before I turn to walk away,”Thank you,mom.“ she gives me a warm smile and nods. 

 

Chanyeol lowers his car window and waves at my mom who is standing by the door. He has his sunglasses on and he kind of looks like a mafia in school uniform when he does that. I laugh at him when he fly kisses to my mom,causing her to giggle like a high school girl,”Drive safe!“ she reminds him. He holds up an 'OK' sign and starts driving when I am done fastening the seat belt.

 

Chanyeol turns to me with his huge eyes the moment he stops at the traffic lights. I focus my eyes on the road in front. He speaks up,”Daebak,you should've seen how screwed up Miryo was yesterday,“ he pats excitedly on the steering wheel,a little too hard that he almost hit the honk.”she batted her fake eyelashes at us as if she was asking for the permission to have lunch with us.“I look up to him when I hear him mentioning Miryo. I raise my eyebrows,”Then what happened?“ Instead,he questions me back and stares at me warily,”You still haven't told Yura about what happened?“ I shake my head and mouth a 'no'. 

 

He starts moving his vehicle again when the light turns green,”Of course we didn't agree sitting with her,not after what she has done. Me,Jongin and Sehun went away the moment she sat down but Yura stayed with her for the whole recess.“ He continues with his eyes still focusing on the road,”No wonder Yura let her sit down yesterday,“  I nod and mumble to myself,”I will have to tell Yura about it as soon as possible..“ Chanyeol hums,”Yeah,you really should.“

 

Chanyeol parks his car and we proceed to the basketball court in the backyard. Chanyeol,Jongin and Sehun have a basketball training in five minutes so I am currently left alone. They insist me waiting for them would be a good idea because their training is  going to end in half an hour but I am an impatient human being so I decide to just meet them up after their training ends. I go to the library to kill time because there is still an hour left before the class starts. 

 

Yura texted me saying she will be running late for class so I start revising all the topic we went through to refresh my memory just in case I forget about everything. Sehun is the first one to meet me in the library because Jongin had to deal with the basketball stuff since he is the captain. Chanyeol will be coming in ten minutes. 

 

Sehun pulls out a chair opposite me and sits down on it,panting. He looks like he has rushed all the way here because he is catching his breathe and his hair is still a little bit wet,probably not dried properly after he had his shower. I stop writing and look at him,”You need water?“ he turns to me when I speak up and he looks like he just forgot something important as he goes speechless. He looks at me and says slowly,”I left it in my locker and I'm too lazy to get it now. I'll just drink later.“  

 

I furrow my brows after hearing what he said. Shaking my head,I reach to my school bag to take my bottle and put it on the table right in front of him. He looks at me questioningly,I point to the bottle,”You have to drink now,I don't want you to get dehydrated and fall sick like me on the other day.“ He shakes his head,”What about yourself?“ he asks and I pull out the banana milk I have in my bag. I show him,”I can get through the whole day with this.“ and grin. 

 

He chuckles,”Thanks for this,“ he holds up my black bottle that looks kind of small in his calloused hand and tells me,”I'll buy you banana milk whenever you want.“ I laugh and shake my head at him,”You don't have to! I'm just doing what I'm supposed to.“ Sehun laughs along and drinks the water. Chanyeol suddenly pops out of nowhere and takes the seat next to me,”Jongin will meet us up in the class,“ Sehun gives Chanyeol a weird look and Chanyeol shrugs,”Mr.Park wouldn't let him go. Said he's giving Jongin detention after school.“

 

I put my pen down once again after hearing what Chanyeol said,”What did Jongin do?“ Sehun looks at Chanyeol before turning to look at me ,”Yesterday during our extra curricular activities in school,Jongin and this one over here,“he points to Chanyeol with his thumb,”were about to throw the basketball at Donghyun.“ I nod,processing the situation in my mind but I realise something. I ask Sehun,”But what does it have to do with Jongin? Why is Mr.Park giving him detention?“ Chanyeol gets up from the chair saying,”Let's go to class now,I'll tell you on our way.“ I get up,stuffing my stationaries into my bag and Sehun gets ready to leave together.

 

It happened like this.Yesterday during the the extra curricular activities in school,Donghyun and Jongin went head to head for a basketball game. While they were playing,Donghyun pushed one of Jongin's teammates and committed a foul whilst the game was going on. At last,the member that got pushed by Donghyun sprained his ankle and is currently unable to get down from his bed and come to school. Jongin was mad as heck and even had the urge to throw the basketball towards Donghyun's face. Jongin was holding the ball in the air and was ready to give a good shove to Donghyun's face when Mr.Park saw him doing that and stopped him. ”What will happen if he gets injured? Are you going to take full responsibility? No!“ Chanyeol also says that Jongin was so fed up that he walked away from all of them and even ignored Mr.Park's nagging and shouting from behind him. 

 

When we reach the class,Jongin is already sitting there with his unsmiling face. Three of us have made a decision while we were on our way here to stay with him until the detention ends. I am about to speak up when Jongin suddenly interrupts,”She's back.“ 

 

a/n:Hello to all my subscribers! I know I disappeared from asianfanfic for months and I feel so so bad to be updating the story only after months.. But I'm going to put my all and focus on writing this story! It's late now and I need sleep,so I'll probably update next week or maybe even longer. I'm sorry it took me so long for an update,I'm really sorry! T.T