7th - Dream catcher.

Don't Go.
 

No,you were not supposed to let Sehun see this side of you,when you were crying. Not because you cared about how he would see you,but because you had never wanted anyone to see you cry or any of your weak side. You had always wanted people to  remember you as a bright person,you love to spread the cheerful aura around you and not sorrow. 

 

Sehun saw your trembling body and he questioned himself what to do because he had never came across any situation like this. He panicked for a while,he knew by just looking at you was not going to help you stop crying or feeling better. He opened his mouth to say something but no words came out,so he went back into his room to look for something that could help to cheer you up. 

 

You could sense the emptiness since Sehun was not at the balcony anymore and you confirmed yourself right when you turned your head to see an empty balcony. You were certain that he has gotten annoyed of you nonstop crying and how miserable you looked,because no one has the patience to wait for you to stop crying and you know that. You continued to let your tears flow free and you promised yourself that this was going to be the last time you would cry in front of anyone.

 

Just then,you heard footsteps from the other side of the balcony,you glanced over with your blurry vision. You blinked repeatedly when you found Sehun standing by the door with tissues in his left hand and something like feather in his right hand. You wiped the tears on your cheeks with the end of your sleeve of your hoodie. You took a deep breath,trying to control your emotions.

 

Sehun stepped forward until his hip make contact with the wooden railings of the balcony. He looked awkward as he handed you the tissues he had been holding and muttered softly,”Take this,you are wetting your sleeves.“ he extended his hand a little so that it reached you nearer for you to accept it. You stared at him,unblinking. He shook his hand in the air when he saw you zooming out,”The tissues have no poison. You can use it with no worries.“ he joked. You made a sound with the back of your throat at his joke and he laughed. 

 

You remembered your manners and you did not want him to hang his hand in the air for long because it was going to hurt. You got up from the sofa you were sitting on and accepted the tissues from him. You nodded a little as a sign of thanks but you doubted if he sees it or not. You wiped your tears and continued to sit in silence because you were shocked,totally freaked out. You and him were not even that close and he should not be cheering you up when it was your own problem that caused you cry. 

 

Minutes passed and the silence between you and him was unbearable.You shot him a questioning look when you saw on the clock that it was already late and he did not look like he was planning on getting to bed soon. So you called out to him,”Sehun,“ he looked at you and you continued,”are you not going to school tomorrow,“ he looked at the dream catcher that you just realised he was holding the whole time,”why are you still up?“ He tilted his head a little,probably to get a better view of your face. He saw your red nose and said,”To make sure you are okay,Chanyeol and Jongin spammed me with messages just to check on how you are doing.“ He explained and you nodded,already started to feel guilty that you just left them behind without saying any words. He saw your blank face so he continued talking because he knew you were not going to speak anytime soon.

 

He looked at his phone and stuffed it back as he continued to talk,which you never expected to hear words like that from him.”I can't possibly leave you alone..“ he trailed off for a while then continued,”crying.“ 

 

You rubbed your nose with the tissues he gave you and shifted your posture to position yourself properly while you leaned on the wooden railings of the balcony to steadies yourself,facing him. This might be the closest of all time you were looking at him. He looked back at you and held his hand out,the feathers attached to the dream catcher made a show when it fell slowly from his palm. He wriggled the dream catcher and the feathers swayed from side to side. 

 

You stared at the thing in Sehun's hand,unblinking. He pushed it to the front of your face and you backed away a little when the end of the feathers made contact with the tip of your nose,it itched your nose. You rubbed your itching nose and looked at him in confusion. He took your palm that was placed on the wooden railings and dropped the dream catcher on your palm that he was holding,”Take it.“ he said. He pulled away and crossed his arms,walking to the wooden chair on the balcony to sit on it. He noticed you unmoving and saw the confused expression you were wearing so he decided to explain.

 

Sehun sat down on the wooden furniture with his legs crossed as he started to speak,”I had always thought that dream catcher represents something more than just a dream catcher.“ he stopped,breathing in the cold winter air while you proceed to settle down on the sofa at your own balcony. Sehun continued,”The one on top,the big one.“ he gestured with his chin towards the thing you were holding,causing you to look at it,”To me,the big one brings the meaning of love. I don't know whether it is the same to you or not but it has always given me warmth,like it was speaking to me,telling me to never give up on the things I treasure by just looking at it. I looked at it whenever I was feeling down or depressed about the things that I could not express in words,“ Sehun rubbed his left thumb over the side of his index finger on the right and smiled at it,”the small ones,the three small ones that are connected under the big one brought me meanings of hope,faith and loyalty and when these three are together,“ he looked at the dream catcher in your hand and stated,”they become love.“

 

Then realisation hits you,what Sehun wanted was to cheer you up. But him giving you a thing that brought so much meaning to him,you can not accept it because you realised how much the thing in your hand meant to him. You stood up and marched to his direction,stretching the dream catcher out to return it back to him,”Sehun,don't tell me you are giving me this. This belongs to you and–“ you were cut off by him when he raised his palm and told you honestly,”I am not giving you this,but I will lend you for the time being and you will find comfort in this dream catcher,“ he risen from the wooden chair he was sitting on and continued,”until then,when you are feeling better,you can return it back to me.“ his encouraging voice made you could not help but to believe him and for some reason,you do feel like this thing you were holding is special. 

 

You saw Sehun yawned when he stretched himself and you knew he was tired because you saw on the clock in your own room,it was already half quarter past twelve. You demanded,”Go to sleep,or else you look like a panda tomorrow.“ You laughed you saw him shivering at the cold wind hitting his face when he had his face turned the direction of the wind just as the wind blows. You expected him to go straight into him room to sleep after you told him to but instead,he asked you back.”What about you? Are you going to school tomorrow?“ you shook your head and he shot you an questioning look,”Why?“  You cringed at his question but responded anyway,”Not feeling well and you know,“you rubbed your runny nose with the new tissues you took a while ago from your own room (not the ones Sehun gave though,let's be hygienic) and continued,”you know well why I have thousands of reasons to not go tomorrow and one of the reasons is that I don't want to see her yet. Miryo,I mean.“ 

 

Sehun looked taken aback,slowly regretting why he asked you the question in the first place. He recalled what happened earlier so he nodded in an understanding manner,”Take care,I am going to tell Jongin and Chanyeol you are not feeling well and you need some rest.“ he pushed himself up with his arms and pocketed his hands in the pocket of his hoodies. He straightened his back as he began to walk back to his room. 

 

You did not forget to show how thankful you were so you called out to him before he even stepped into his room. You said,”Thank you,“ Sehun heard it and it made him stopped before the door and you continued,”don't tell Jongin,Chanyeol or Yura I had spoken to you. They texted me but I didn't reply.“ you chuckled. He nodded his head,smiling.”You're welcome,“ he looked into his room and glanced back to you,”you too,go to sleep. It's late already and you are sick.“ you made an 'OK' sign with your fingers. 

 

That night,you went to sleep with the dream catcher Sehun gave to you,in your hands. Holding tightly and not letting go. 

 

A/n: First of all,I am sorry for disappearing and not updating,I was really busy with school stuff and some personal issues that were stressing me out. But I will always remember to update because I have some lovely readers that are waiting for me to update. 

 Also,Valentines Day is coming so I was wondering if you guys would like a Sehun one-shot for Valentines Day special?  Tell me your opinions please T.T

Feedbacks are most welcome.  :P 

I have 22 subscribers and I hope to interact with all of you. Do drop a comment so that I know how you think about this story! ^^

I will reply everyone,no worries.