Chapter 9 - Support.

Don't Go.

 

Sehun stood up from the sofa with his furrowed eyebrows. He heaved a sigh and proceeded to the kitchen with his hands in the pockets of his jeans when he saw you lying on the couch comfortably. He knew, that you are still thinking about the incident and he wanted to tell to your face that it is not worth thinking about a betrayer friend and how you should never think about it because it was going to saddens you more. He knew perfectly well what it felt to be betrayed by the person you trusted so much,but all he could do now is to hope for you to get over them really, really quick. 

 

I cover my closed eyes with the back my arm,feeling the slight weight on my head. I hear Sehun's sigh and I feel guilty because he stayed up late yesterday night just to check on how I was doing on behalf of Chanyeol and Jongin. He tried hard to comfort me but that doesn't seem to work effectively. My visions are dark and all I can think was Sehun's words that are lingering in my mine. How should I tell Yura about Miryo and Donghyun? What would I do if Miryo says sorry to me? I swallow the lump in my throat,feeling uncomfortable by just thinking about it. I know I am not at fault,but how am I going to face Miryo and Donghyun in school? 

 

The last thing I heard was Chanyeol's loud laugh,echoing through the whole house. His laugh never failed to put a smile on my face,even when I am in such worn out condition. He is as expected the happy pill.

 

I finally wake up after a nap which feels like forever. I shift uncomfortably on the long couch and focus my vision on the few people in my living room,sitting on the couch with eyes focused on the television ahead of them. Sehun is sitting on the floor just next to the couch I am laying. He turns his head to look at me as he sensed the couch moving. Sehun's eyebrows are furrowed and his face shows only expression of worry. He rests his palm on my forehead and is about to speak when Chanyeol suddenly hovers over my head and exclaims,”You look really pale,you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?“ Jongin and Yura who were focusing on the tv show a while ago rush over when they hear Chanyeol. 

 

I don't want to go to the hospital.

 

I shook my head repeatedly at Chanyeol's question and he sighs,he couldn't force me to go because he knew how stubborn I am. Sehun pulls his hand away when Yura comes back from the kitchen with a bowl of porridge and medicines in her hand, settling down next to me and that is only when I realise Sehun has his hand on my forehead the whole time. Chanyeol and Jongin help me out to sit properly on the couch so that Yura could feed me. Yura looks at me in the eye,her hands coming coming closer to my face to feed me. I scrunch my nose at the because I don't want to eat but I know if I don't,I wouldn't be able to take the medicines. So I dart my head towards the spoon,taking in a big mouthful of porridge,swallowing in and let the warmth run inside my body. 

 

Yura had a proud smile on her face when I finished the porridge myself. Jongin and Sehun have been watching from the couch they are currently sitting on. I eat the medicine and closes eyes,in hopes of swallowing all the bitterness so that it doesn't lingers in my mouth anymore. I plop myself back on the couch and sigh tiredly,the exhaustion from the cold I caught is slowing eating up all my energy. Chanyeol settles down next to me,causing me to distance myself from him because I wouldn't want him to get sick too. He suggests worriedly when he sees my pale face,”I really do think you need to go see a doctor,you are looking as pale as flour.“ Jongin joins in when he heard Chanyeol,”Hyung,she would have been in the hospital getting treated by doctor if she is this easy to get convinced on going there,but this is too stubborn.“ I laugh when I hear his last sentence. I retort,”I believe that you guys can take a good care of me,am I wrong?“ Sehun laughs and shakes his head at my remarks,Jongin rolls his eyes in a joking manner.

 

Yura still seems oblivious,unaware of what had happened between the both of her close friends. You had planned to tell her but since the boys are around,wouldn't it be a little awkward to talk about it? As they were there when the incident happened so you felt quite uncomfortable for you talk about in front of them and also because Yura is still blank about anything and everything. You still owe her an explanation of Sehun and you.

 

Yura sits next to me and whispers to my ear,”Miryo didn't come to me as much as she did before and I think she was avoiding me. I wondered what in the world happened to her,she's like a bipolar to me now,a person with various personalities,“ she pauses and sighs as she gets away from my ear,slowly sinking onto the couch and continues,”I don't know her anymore.“ I take a glance at Yura,disappointments are all written on her face. She must have felt really upset on Miryo. I bite my bottom lips,debating whether to tell her or not when the others are around.

 

Just as I am about to speak up to Yura about Miryo,her phone rings right on time. She answers the call and heaves a sigh when she ends the call. Her mum asking her to go back soon. She gets up from the couch as pats lightly on my forehead,”Rest well,get well as soon as you can,“ she grabs her backpack and proceed to the door,wearing her shoes on her way out. She continues,”I don't want to be alone in school anymore longer.“ she grimaces and shakes her head at the thoughts of sitting next to no one in class. 

 

Chanyeol purses his lips and jokes,”What are we? Tables and chairs in the classroom?“ Yura shakes her head repeatedly,doesn't want him to misunderstand. But she laughs and says,”Do you even understand the meaning laid behind girl's gossips?“ Chanyeol immediately shuts up when he heard those words 'girl's gossips‘. He can't ever gossip about someone,he just doesn't want to. So he changes the topic by asking Yura if she would like them to walk her home,Yura refuses because her mum is already on her way to pick her up. 

 

Yura chuckles,”Just joking,“ she looks at me,”go to school when you are completely recovered! The guys will accompany me in school.“ and with that,she makes a shotgun sign with her hand and winks. I laugh and nod. Yura bid goodbye to me and the guys as she walks away,slowly disappearing from our view. 

 

I heave a sigh when I see no sign of Yura anymore,holding the cup of water in my hands tightly. Jongin taps on my right knee when he notices my knuckles turning white as my hold on the cup tightens. He looks at me with concerned eyes,”What did Yura tell you? Was she talking about Miryo just now?“ I nod repeatedly,silently muttering a 'yes'. 

 

Silence finds its way to the four of you,no one is speaking. Chanyeol biting his nails,thinking of what to do that could possibly cheer you up. Sehun is just staring at you weak figure over the living room,feeling helpless that he couldn't do anything about the situation. Jongin clenches his fist at the image of the incident happened last night. You know Jongin's attitude,he would dare to  do reckless things for his friends and you wouldn't want anything to happen to him so you decide to break the ice. 

 

I straighten myself on the couch and sit properly,taking a mouthful of the drink and swallow. I clear my throat,all three of them turn their heads at my direction. I put my cup on the tables and say,”Actually,I was thinking of changing–” I don't even get to finish my sentence when the three of them suddenly interrupt. Chanyeol shots up from the couch next to me,”Don't tell me you are thinking of changing school“ and Jongin continues,”I can guarantee that is never going happen.“ lastly Sehun,”I honestly think there is no need for you to change school,it was their fault and not yours.“ 

 

I burst out laughing and the three of them look at me like I am crazy,”I wasn't going to move school,I was just thinking of changing my class.“ I finish my sentence,breathless from all the laughing. They give me a look,a speechless expression to be more exact. Sehun speaks up,”I still don't think there is any need for you to change class,all the procedures you have to go through are really troublesome and time wasting.“ Chanyeol seconds,”I agree with Sehun. You really don't have to change class.“ Jongin stands up and crosses his arms with his eyebrows furrowed,”Don't let them think you are avoiding them,they might think you're scared of them.“ 

 

I am loss of words,I don't know what to say because a part of me wants to change class but a part of me does not want to. The three of them look at me and nod their heads in unison. They look at me with somewhat pleading eyes,like lost puppies on the street waiting for passerby to bring them home. 

 

I guess I will never get the chance to move class. 

 

A/n: First of all,I am sorry that I left you guys waiting and I apologise for not updating as I promised. Right after I finished my exam,I was dragged on an uninformed vacation overseas by my parents and I just got back yesterday. I typed most of this chapter in the hotel whenever i get my free time so I am not sure if there is any spelling errors but I'll edit as I go through this chapter. I am again,shamelessly asking for forgiveness and apologise for my inaccurate information.