8th - Sick.

Don't Go.

 

You woke up to the annoying ringing of alarm on the top of your night stand located at the right side of your bed. You scrunched your eyebrows and reached over to the right to turn the alarm off. You looked at the small black in colour clock that was hanging on the wall just opposite your bed,rubbing your eyes with your knuckles to get a clearer view on the clock. The hands of the clock ticked seven and you shot up from your own bed,causing the bed to make some noise as you moved. You felt something ticklish in your hand as you stood from your own bed,the ticklish feels made you looked down and you found a dream catcher in your hand. 

 

You checked on the dream catcher and thanked God that nothing has happened to it in your sleep because this thing belonged to someone else,it belonged to Sehun. You mentally scolded yourself for being so careless towards the fragile thing in your hand as you made your way to the study table to place the dream catcher on the table so that it would be safer. You realised that you did not have to go to school today and you totally forgot about it. The feeling of relieve washed through your body because you were not afraid of going to school late and being punished for it. You pulled out the moving chair and sat on it. 

 

You observed the dream catcher in silence. It was black and white in colour. Those wooden sticks circled around the colourful small marbles with strings linked were black in colour. While the feathers attached to the wooden circle were white in colour. You looked at the dream catcher once again and could not help but reminded yourself about the encounter of yourself and Sehun on the balcony yesterday night. 

 

You remembered the best when he asked you to never mask your own emotions again,not until the point where you could not take it anymore and caused depression for yourself. You also remembered that he told you would find comfort in the thing you were currently holding,the dream catcher that he said he lent to you for the time being. 

 

Well,you admit that you did not understand a single thing when he told you about the meanings to him behind the dream catcher. But then you took time to survey the dream catcher before you went to sleep yesterday night and you really did feel the warmth,the calm feeling that the dream catcher had given you. You touched the small colourful marbles and you found yourself smiling when one of the biggest marble in the centre twinkled when it was reflected by the light from the small crystals lamp on your wall. You held the dream catcher to the direction of the lamp and turned it around. The dream catcher looked really pretty under the dim light.

 

You found a sticky note on the front cover of your notebook when you placed the dream catcher on the study table. Your mum had left you a note saying that she cooked some porridge for you and prepared medicine for your fever to cool off.  You smiled at her thoughtfulness. You wanted to grab some porridge but you did not feel like eating,so you decided to get some more sleep when your eyes started feeling heavy from the fever. You sneezed,sneezed and sneezed under the thick blanket when the cold air from the air conditioner hit your face so you decided to just turn it off and turn on the ceiling fan instead. You continued sleeping when your sneezing has finally came to a stop.

 

You did not remember how long you had been sleeping when you heard footsteps coming from downstairs. The door of your room slowly cracking open and the noises produced from the door were making you more awake. You opened your eyes to see Chanyeol and Yura standing next to your bed with wide eyes. You turned away to the side,not wanting them to see your morning face. The dazzling sunlight hurt your eyes when Jongin decided to be a smart and pulled the curtains apart,letting the sunlight shines into your room.

 

You groaned and turned to lay on your back,pulling the blanket up until your face level. Yura pulled the blanket off your face and rested the back of her palm on your forehead to feel your temperature. Her eyes widen the moment she came to feel the burning sensation on your forehead,”Oh god“ she pulled her palm away from your forehead and hit Chanyeol's right arm with her other hand. She continued speaking when she asked Chanyeol to feel your fever.”you are burning!“ 

 

Upon hearing what Yura has said,Jongin rushed to the other side of your bed and that was when you realised Sehun had been in your room all the time. Sehun pushed himself off the doorframe and walked to where Jongin was,taking a peek at your pale face as he stood by the other side of your bed. Chanyeol immediately took out a grey vacuum flask from his bag,tuned on the cap and pushed the bottle in front of your face. You looked at him,confused. Chanyeol nudged your arm with his elbow and informed,”This is no ordinary drink,it's ginseng.“ You cringed when he mentioned about the bitter drink you had always have when you were sick on previous times,it was way too bitter but good for curing sickness.

 

You covered your face with the blanket,unwilling to take the drink in Chanyeol's hand. You were sat up straight,your back leaning against the bed rest,”Not when I just woke up,I haven't brushed my teeth yet.“ Jongin laughed at you,”Yah,if you want to get well soon,“ he motioned to the drink with his hand.”drink it. It would be better if you hadn't.“  Yura nodded repeatedly at Jongin's statement. Chanyeol started nagging,”Let me tell you,this drink took my mum all day long to be boiled,“ he turned the cap open,again. ”and I am being really nice that I let you have my favourite drink. How could you push my kindness and sincerity away like this?“  

 

You rolled your eyes at his last sentence,you knew he was being sarcastic and you would not stand if he began complaining later. So you let down the blanket and grabbed the metal vacuum flask in Chanyeol's hand,pouring the drink on the cap. You pinched your nose as you drink,you swallowed it quickly and made a face when the bitterness started spreading around your tastebuds. Yura went to wash the cap while the other three mischievous guys laughed at your expression. 

 

Chanyeol settled the vacuum flask on the study table and said,”It is that bitter? I think that drink is nice.“ You glared at Chanyeol,Sehun and Jongin shook their heads at his statement,obviously disagreeing. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at them when he saw them shaking their heads. Yura came back from the washroom and returned the grey metal cap to Chanyeol. You were curious about how they get to enter your house,so you asked Yura,who was sitting on the end of the bed.”How did you guys come in?“ Yura laughed when you ask,”Chanyeol kinda like,“ she locked her phone,looking at you as she continued,”called your mum and your mum told him where the key was placed at. It was in the letter box.“ You chuckled,your mum can be really cute sometimes.

 

Sehun and Jongin were engrossed in a conversation while Yura and Chanyeol were busy doing things on their own so you decided to wash up first. You cringed when you realised you had not brushed your teeth yet,what more to say your oily face. You got up from the bed and grabbed a towel from the closet,heading to the bathroom with a towel hanged loosely on your arm. Sehun and Jongin said in unison when they heard the bathroom door being closed,”Remember that you can't shower!!“ you showed them a thumbs up before closing the door and they laughed.

 

When you were done in the bathroom,you walked out to see no one left in your room. All you saw was the swaying curtains that move all the time when the fan blowed on its direction. You were certain that they must have went downstairs or something. So you changed out of the hoodie you had been wearing and proceed to go downstairs. You felt your own body temperature when your had the back of your palm on your forehead and you could sense that it felt like forty degrees,at the very least. Your head was  pounding,probably because of the fever but you knocked it off by shaking your head repeatedly and messaged your temples,hoping it would get better. 

 

You wanted to get downstairs as soon as possible so that you could at least get a proper hold on something to stabilise yourself. You hold on the handrail tightened with every step you made and you felt your head spinning. You stumbled on the stairs when you the dizziness got to the best of you. Sehun who was jogging up to the stairs saw you and quickly rushed to your side,holding onto both of your shoulders tightly when your fell back to his chest. He called out for the guys and you heard sounds of chopsticks falling when Chanyeol let go of the chopsticks he has been holding to put them on the table so that he could help Sehun out. Jongin and Yura who were seemed to be enjoying their meals widened their eyes when they witnessed what happened before them. They immediately shot up from the chair and rushed to you. 

 

Before Chanyeol could even help Sehun out,he had already saw the male carrying you in his arm with your eyes closed ,seemingly unconscious. But you were conscious and you thought Sehun was really strong to be able to carry you in just a swift movement. Sehun placed you down on the sofa and let Yura treat you,since she was the only girl here and they trust her in these things. She placed a rectangle napkin on your forehead and rest her palm on your forehead,she shook her head,”Why won't you take your medicine?“ she asked when she saw you open your eyes. You shook your head,”I was going to,but my body wasn't letting me to,“ you gulped,moving your eyes to the three concerned looking males behind her. 

 

You rubbed your eyes to get a clearer look on them and laughed when you saw them finally exhaled a deep breathe. You looked at them and said,” I'm okay,people,“ Jongin half glared at you,”Still have the mood to laugh,huh?“ he said sternly as he sook his head. Chanyeol suddenly spoke up,”I'll get the medicine for you,just get some rest here.“ he marched towards the kitchen while Jongin and Yura walked back into the kitchen to finish up their food,leaving you and Sehun alone in the living room. 

 

Sehun was standing with his arms crossed as he tilted his head to get a better look at your laying figure on the sofa,you noticed his stare and felt uncomfortable so you asked,”What?“ he heard your question so he blurted what he wanted to ask after observing the obvious dark circles under your eyes.”What time did you go to sleep last night?“ You furrowed your eyebrows at his question but answered his question anyway so you opened your mouth,”Right after we–“ you stopped talking immediately when you saw Chanyeol coming from the other side with a cup of mineral water and a small round container which you knew consisted of medicines. 

 

You sat up straight and Chanyeol put his hand out for you to take the medications from his hand. You swallowed the bitter solid,taking the cup from his hand in a quick motion just so the bitterness would not spread in your mouth because you really hated it. Chanyeol nodded convincingly at the sight of you taking in all the medicines. He walked back to the kitchen and you were left alone with Sehun,again.

 

You sat upright on the sofa and looked at him as you continued where you left off earlier,”I went to sleep right after we went back into our rooms,“ you played with your fingers,not looking at him anymore because you were scared you would get caught lying. He raised his eyebrows,”The bags under your eyes don't tell me so.“ he was now sat on the sofa opposite you and continued. ”You sure you slept right after we talk? Because I don't think so.“ You stared at him in disbelief,wondering how in the world he could tell how late you went to sleep just by looking at your eye bags. 

 

He sighed,”You had been thinking about it,right?“ you nodded. He continued,”The three of them in the kitchen might confront you about yesterday so,“ he pointed at the sofa,”I suggest you to rest first.“ you nodded halfheartedly,somehow thinking about the encounter of you and Sehun yesterday night and how he was getting to know you faster than you thought.

A/n: Let's all take a moment of appreciation for EXO's hair stylist for giving Sehun that D.O haircut. He looked AMAZING

Here is chapter eight for all of my lovely subscribers!

No proofread done yet,grammar or spelling errors will be corrected once I continued editing.