Chapter 1

Sycrestia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             It all went wrong the day I decided to approach Oh Sehun.

 

              I knew I shouldn’t have even dared, but I figured I have nothing to lose. I was moving yet again for the umpteenth time, and there was no way I could remain in that high school. Jae Hwa made it clear as day that where we’re going next, hardly anyone familiar could track us down. I’ve asked a couple of times where that could be, and why it’s even necessary to hide like criminals, but as always, she never bothered to give me a decent answer.

 

               Jae Hwa is way older than me. She could be my mother, but she says she’s not. In fact, she denies any claim of relationship with me. She would tell me not call her anything but by her name. I remember way back in grade school I would address her my aunt in front of my classmates just because I was ashamed to appear disrespectful. She would reprimand me afterwards, like I couldn’t have done anything more wrong. Most times, I just let it go, but there were also those instances when things get heated and I would just throw the million-dollar question: Who are my real parents? But she wouldn’t give me an answer. All that Jae Hwa would say is she’s my guardian and that she has been tasked to keep me safe. From what, I have no idea.

 

              Still, it was pretty obvious to me that she was doing more than a normal guardian would. From childhood, she trained me to wield swords and daggers. She taught me how to ride a horse, and read maps. She made me memorize symbols which stands for letters in the alphabet, though I assumed just from the fact that such is inexistent anywhere in the world, that it is a secret code for some organization or something. She scolded me when I cry and trained me nothing less than to be tough. That’s probably why I never succumbed to bullies, and harsh comments thrown my way never really bothered me. That’s probably also why I got the guts to confess out of a sudden.

 

               Oh Sehun transferred to my high school half a semester after I did. It was my sixth school, so by the time he came in, I was already adjusted to the environment and had quite a group of friends. He was put in a class one year ahead of me, but I know for a fact he is only months older than me.

 

                Sehun never had a reputation for being sociable but he drew people to him like a magnet. It was probably because he was handsome as hell, but I was sure it’s also because everyone knows he doesn’t study, but he always ace the exams. For me it was different. I got attracted to him for reasons I couldn’t even explain well. He just emits this sort of aura too dissimilar from the others. It’s just like he walked in from another world,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter