Fifth

11 Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And that was what he did for the next two years. It was getting frustrating to see her best friend in such a wrecked state because of Hana, but Hana was her good friend as well.

During the two years, she had tried many times to matchmake them together, hoping that a romance would blossom out of it. However, as time went by, even she herself could tell that Hana didn't feel the same way to Sehun. 

It was graduation day when Sehun finally confessed his feelings to her.

There was no public confession and he had chosen a simple way to confess his feelings towards her, a card that expressed everything he had felt for the past two years. Jihyun bit her lip nervously as she waited for Hana's reaction.

As much as she knew she would eventually reject him, she couldn't help but hope a little for Sehun. 

He was a genuine good guy, and everyone around her agreed. 

Many times, Jihyun's friends and even her parents had mistook that Sehun and her was dating because the pair was so close. They literally spent everyday in school together as Jihyun decided to break away from Solri and the group to join Sehun and his friends instead.

Despite all the ups and downs they had gone through and the slight infatuation she had felt for him back when she was a freshman, Oh Sehun was merely her best friend and she had never thought of him anything more than that. 

He was a friend that was there for her during her worst times, and he was always there when she needed someone to rant to.

He was the person who would apologize first the moment he saw her cry if they were in the middle of the fight even though it was her fault, and he was the one who would tolerate all her nonsensical tantrums she would throw to him at times when she was unreasonable.

Sehun was someone who saw all her flaws and stayed, just because he cared about her. It was a pure platonic friendship and she was glad to have him by her side. 

"You're a really nice guy, Sehun." Jihyun blurted out during one of their heart-to-heart sessions.

Raising an eyebrow, he chuckled, "Don't fall for me, Jihyun." 

Scoffing at his haughtiness, she retorted, "I would never fall for you even if you were the last man on earth, Sehun." 

"You never know, Jihyun. Maybe one day you'd look back and think that I had always been the man for you." He said smugly while Jihyun let out another laugh, "In your dreams." 

Hana still wasn't reacting, and Sehun was spamming her with countless messages, asking her how she was reacting. "What is this about?" Hana asked dryly and Jihyun could tell she was shocked. 

"I think you can tell, Hana." She said as a matter of factly and Hana hung open in surprise.
"I knew it." She said as she regained her senses and Jihyun turned her head to her, "What do you mean?"

"I'm not stupid, Jihyun. I had always been brushing it off, thinking I was being too sensitive. But you guys were making it too obvious, always pushing me to him, and always trying to matchmake us together. The most obvious one was when Chanyeol tried to make us become partners for a cooking class." I silently murdered Chanyeol for being too obvious. 

Chanyeol was a complete prankster, but if there's one thing he had, it was loyalty. He was loyal to Sehun and regard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter