Sixth

11 Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun kept to his words. 

Their flourishing relationship Jihyun thought had, had turned into ashes, and Sehun knew something was wrong when he received a call at midnight, the only audible sounds were soft sobs on the other line. 

"Do you need me to come over?" He asked with concern as he changed out of his pyjamas while holding onto the phone. "You don't have to do that." She said hastily and he sat down on the nearby couch, "What happened?" 

It took 2 hours and constant coaxing before Sehun finally found out what was wrong. She left the guy even though she still liked him because university was starting and she felt that they couldn't maintain the distance.

Despite Sehun thinking that was not the only reason, he respected her decision of not wanting to share more, and did his part of being a friend by staying on the line and hearing her cry. 

It took another hour before he heard soft snores from the other line, and he knew that she finally fell asleep. "Sweet dreams, Jihyun." He said before ending the phonecall. 

The next morning, he decided to surprise her with her favorite breakfast in an attempt to cheer her up. "Wahhhhhhhh, this is amazing!" She gushed as she chomped down the pancakes on her plate.

Sehun smiled at her cheered up self. However, the joy only lasted a few moments before she burst into tears, crying hysterically. 

"He used to buy this for me as well." She said between bites while wiping her tears away. Bewildered by her moodswings, he merely pat her back and assured her, "Everything will be fine." 

--

After two months of crying, wailing and ranting about her life to her friends, Jihyun was getting better. Her friends were the biggest pillar of support during the tough period, and she knew Sehun had the biggest part to play. 

From his concerned texts to sudden phone calls the moment he knew that something was wrong, to his attempts to cheer her up whenever she felt upset about the heartbreak, all these increased the amount of guilt she felt towards him for not being there when he was heartbroken. 

She didn't know how he could continue to be there for her despite the period that she wasn't there for him during his worst times. She felt extremely guilty yet incredibly blessed that he decided to stay and forgive her even after everything that had happened.

She didn't know what made her start looking at him differently, but from then on, she knew that her heart no longer beat for the guy at her workplace she thought she was in love with. 

It was the night of the annual dance when she finally admitted to herself. 

"How's everything going?" She sent a quick text to Sehun as she was filled with great concern of how his night with Hana would turn out. "W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter