Chapter 14: The best make up.

A delicate situation

 

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up on a hard floor surrounded by rose petals. As she opened her eyes Jongin was staring down at her intensely as if he was memorising every single one of her features. He seemed particularly fascinated by the moles on Kyungsoo’s neck which they found out during their earlier activities to be a very sensitive spot for both of them. “Stop looking at me like thaaaat” she whined as she squirmed in his grasp. He moved his arm from her waist and interlocked their fingers and kissed each of her knuckles. Kyungsoo sighed from the elation she felt now that she finally had her sweet boyfriend back. “Thank you for my present…It was amazing” he whispered as he nuzzled her face. “Which one?” she giggled out and Jongin was overwhelmed by her cuteness. He cooed at his girlfriend and gripped her by the waist to pull her into a hug. He replied “The song. It was beautiful. You’re voice is beautiful. It’s an amazing gift that you have. I hope one day you’ll sing while I dance, wouldn’t that be amazing?” Kyungsoo nodded, thoroughly ecstatic at the idea of doing a duet with her boyfriend. She was always jealous of Yixing being Jongin’s dance partner and wondered what it would be like to perform with Jongin.

 

“I actually wanted to sing you a different song but I decided not to.” Jongin perked up at that “Why baby? Were you embarrassed? Is it because you love me so much? Don’t worry Soo, just tell me exactly how much you love me. I have no problems with that” he answered expectantly. “No…that’s not it Jongin. Your English is just really awful” those words cut Jongin deep and he began to pout. An idea suddenly popped into Kyungsoo’s mind “Babe but I have an idea.” Jongin internally squealed at the term of endearment as Kyungsoo pulled out her phone and began searching for something excitedly. She grabbed Jongin’s hoodie that had been haphazardly thrown behind them earlier on. She slipped into the oversized top and then cleared . “Are you ready? This is your second present” Kyungsoo gave Jongin the phone and pressed play on the youtube video that she had loaded. A soft piano piece could be heard that Jongin thought sounded nice and Kyungsoo took hold of his hand as she began to sing:

There’s a song that’s inside of my soul

 

The lyrics appeared on the screen in Korean so Jongin could understand what his girlfriend was saying.

 

It’s the one that I’ve tried to write over and over again

I’m awake in the infinite cold

But you sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours I know your my only hope

 

Jongin wanted to watch his girlfriend as she sung but he knew that if he looked away from the screen that he wouldn’t understand what she was saying and right now that was more important to him.

Sing to me the song of the stars

Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again

When it feels like my dreams are so far

Sing to me of the plans that you have me over again

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours I know that you’re my only hope

I give you my destiny

I give you all of me

I want your symphony singing in all that I am

At the top of my lungs

I’m giving it all I have

So I lay my head back down and I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours I know now you’re my only hope

Hmmm hmmm ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

 

Once she had finished, Kyungsoo leaned forward and kissed Jongin’s cheek and gave him a full heart shaped smile which he loved. He was taken aback by how strongly she felt for him. The song was beautiful and Kyungsoo was such a talented singer. “Thank you so much Soo. That was amazing. You’re amazing.” She blushed at his words and tried to curl into herself which triggered him to grip her into a bear hug and bought her back to a lying position. “I love you Soo” she smiled at the simple confession and replied “Love you too Nini.” They stayed in that position cuddling for a while longer. 

 

Jongin then sat up and looked over to his girlfriend “So I think we should talk about this now.” Kyungsoo pouted before responding “I don’t want to.” Jongin sighed “We have to baby” he said as he stretched out his hand to help her sit up. She accepted his hand and sat up “I don't want you to be upset with me again. You might not like what I have to say.” Jongin flinched “Try me.” Kyungsoo inhaled deeply before beginning “My parents….want to send me to boarding school to keep me away from you. It’s in…China.” Jongin looked at her shocked not believing her parents could do that to her. “They said it’s best for me to be close to Yi F- I mean Kris’ family before we get…married” she began twiddling her thumbs as she spoke feeling guilty. He took her hands into his as he spoke “So they want you to leave because they felt threatened by our relationship?” Kyungsoo nodded still not looking her boyfriend in the eyes “I don’t want to leave Nini. I want to stay here…with you. But they said that they would let me carry on studying music if I go there. But I don’t want to leave you. I want to be with you too…but I want to keep studying music as well.” As she spoke tears began to form in her eyes as she worried at the prospect of not being able to see Jongin anymore. He squeezed her hands tighter and then placed one arm over her shoulders in order to console her.

 

 

They stayed in that position for a while as Jongin was deep in thought trying to find a way out of the mess that they were in. An idea finally hit Jongin and he spoke “So they won’t make you leave if they know that we are broken up?” At this Kyungsoo’s eyes became more teary and she began to dry heave “But I d-d-don’t want to lose you N-nini.” She leaned over and gripped him tightly like a koala. Jongin laughed at her neediness and in that moment he felt so beloved. “Baby we don’t have to actually break up. We just have to make them think that we’ve broken up. Then there is no reason for them to send you to China and you can finish studying music here and then go to college. You can tell them that you and…Kris are y’know. Whatever.” He paused, this hurt more than he could have ever imagined, the thought of sharing his girlfriend with someone else was unbearable. “That way we can be together and you won’t have to leave. But…as soon as you can, you have to call of the engagement because I’m not sharing you with ANYONE else. Especially not Kris.” Kyungsoo stared at her boyfriend in shock “You would do that for…me?” “For us Soo. I would do that for us. I know that you love me and that’s all I need. I don’t want to stand in the way of your dreams. I have dreams of my own too and I know that I could never give up on them either. I’m not happy with this but I don’t want to lose you and if this is the only way that we can be together then we will have to make the best of it. BUT I don’t want you spending extra time with Kris. Minimum contact unless you want to see my possessive side. I’m sure you don’t want to see that.” At his last words Kyungsoo reddened surprised at her boyfriend’s words and was shocked as to how much she enjoyed hearing them. 

 

 

Before she could stop herself she leaned over and captured her boyfriend’s lips and bit his bottom lip marking him. Jongin pulled back shocked by her actions “What?! I can be possessive too” she said as she winked at him. Jongin scoffed in disbelief; that would definitely leave a bruise later. They stayed in each other’s arms like that for a while longer before Kyungsoo sat up and looked at Jongin smiling “Let’s go and get cake. We don’t need to worry about any of this today. Today I just want to celebrate my Nini’s birthday.” Jongin beamed at her brightly with a smile that Kyungsoo was sure could outshine the sun and she stood up offering her hands to help him. Begrudgingly Jongin took the proffered hand and stood next to his adorable Squishy who was wearing his hoodie and ONLY his hoodie. “We should probably put some clothes on” she suggested but Jongin didn’t like that idea, his distaste evident on his face. “But why can’t we just stay here Squi- I mean Soo. I don’t want to leave. I just want to snuggle,” Jongin whined while pouting, his bottom lip jutting out. “No Jongin. We’re leaving. There’s still plenty of birthday left to celebrate and we are going to go and celebrate it,” she sighed as the pout on his face failed to budge at her chiding “But that doesn’t mean that later we can’t do some more of….this…if that’s what you want” she said face turning crimson. His face lit up once more and he took her face into his hands to try and kiss her but she pushed him off “BUT only if you’re good now.” Jongin had never gotten ready so quickly in his life. He was ready and waiting by the door before she even had a chance to put her dress back on.

 

They left the studio smiling widely at each other, hand in hand. Kyungsoo leaned into Jongin’s side enjoying the warmth her boyfriend was emitting. He gave her his jacket as the bitter January cold was seeping into their skin. She guided her boyfriend to the closest department store hoping to get back into the warmth as soon as possible. As they entered the building Kyungsoo nervously began fiddling with their intertwined fingers causing Jongin to turn and look at her. “What’s the matter Soo?” Jongin asked out of concern “I didn’t think…you would take me back….so I didn’t plan anything for today…sorry Nini.” Kyungsoo glanced upwards and their eyes met “Don’t worry about it baby. Just being here with you is enough for me.” Jongin’s words of reassurance were enough to lift Kyungsoo’s spirits and the smile on her face returned. “OK. Then I’m going to make this the best birthday ever for you!” she shouted animatedly pecking his cheek and then running off ahead of Jongin to find what they should do first. “It already is” he whispered to himself, smiling as he gazed lovingly at his girlfriend.

 

They went to the fast food restaurant first to satisfy their hunger as they both hadn’t eaten properly all day. Then they played in the arcade for a few hours, Jongin winning a plethora of teddy bears for himself Kyungsoo and then they went to the cinema to watch a movie. Kyungsoo let Jongin decide on the movie as it was his birthday after all. She was unaware of her boyfriend’s clever scheme when he suggested that they watched the Conjuring 2. Kyungsoo agreed reluctantly as she was deathly afraid of horror films but chose to it up, not wanting to deny Jongin anything on his birthday, something Jongin was banking on. As the movie began Kyungsoo stiffened immediately but tried to play it cool as much as possible. Jongin looked at her from the side of his eye catching a glimpse of the fear reflected in his girlfriend’s large brown eyes and almost felt bad for his scheming, almost. Twenty minutes into the film Jongin leaned over to Kyungsoo and whispered “Soo, if you get scared you can just hold my hand” and he offered his hand to her which she accepted immediately, gripping him so hard that he thought that he would lose all circulation.

 

As the movie progressed and the fear was overwhelming, Kyungsoo leaned over and grabbed Jongin’s waist, burying her face in his shoulders to try and avoid seeing and hearing the sheer horror that she was being subjected to. A wide grin appeared on Jongin’s face and he bent down exposing her face. He raised her by the chin and kissed her softly on the lips. She relaxed under his touch and he knew that his plan had worked as his lips had successfully distracted her from the movie. He detached his lips from hers in order to test how effective this method was and she looked at him dazed. As she heard another scream coming from the screen she leant forward and captured his lips again this time with more passion and fervour. Their lips moved languidly against each others, no rush or fight for dominance, they simply stayed in that position enjoying the taste of the others mouth. Jongin’s hand slid out of Kyungsoo’s grasp and worked its way to her hip and then up to rub her sides. She was enjoying the light petting as she softly moaned into his mouth and he devoured all of the sweet noises that she made. Eventually when the amount of contact wasn’t enough, Kyungsoo found herself sitting in her boyfriend’s lap, chests touching, just the way they both liked it. Luckily they were sat at the back of the theatre and there were very few people there so they could do whatever they wanted without getting caught. As the movie finished, they exited the cinema without either of them knowing what happened after the first 30 minutes of the film, not that they were complaining.

 

The rest of the evening was spent walking through the park, talking while stealing kisses and loving gazes. It really was the best birthday Jongin had ever had because he realised that his girlfriend really didn’t really care about the difference in their social status and that was the best present he could have ever asked for. Kyungsoo however didn’t think it was enough and gave Jongin the watch that she had bought for him a few weeks before, luckily she had left it at Baekhyun’s place not wanting her maids to find it if they went through her stuff while cleaning her room. They would have told her parents immediately and she couldn’t have that. The watch was expensive and reeked of money. Jongin accepted it reluctantly because while he liked the watch he was uncomfortable wearing so much money on his arm. But as soon as he saw the engraving on the back the smile on his face returned:

 

My beloved Nini, I love you with all my heart. Squishy.

 

He looked up at her with a look of shock and humour “How did you know? I never told you that I call you-” she rolled her eyes as she responded “That’s what you’ve saved me as on your phone Nini. I’m not blind.” Jongin looked at her, a bit embarrassed hoping that she liked the nickname. “But…you’re just sooooo squishy I can’t help it” he said as he began squeezing her cheeks between his hands. “OK. OK enough!” she shouted as she slapped his hands away from her face. The sun was setting and it was getting late and they both pouted not wanting to separate from each other. “Can I…walk you home?” Jongin asked reluctantly and Kyungsoo sighed “I don’t think that’s a good idea baby. I need to talk to my parents and sort this whole thing out. I don’t want to be separated from you” she whined as she leaned into him for another hug, wrapping her arms around his neck. Jongin held her tightly and they stayed in that position for a while just breathing each other in.

 

Jongin insisted on walking Kyungsoo home as it was already dark but he agreed to drop her off a few roads away so as not to raise any suspicion. She reluctantly handed Jongin back his jacket but not before sneaking in a quick sniff of it. She loved her boyfriends scent and wanted to keep it but she didn’t want to give her parents any more ammunition so she returned it to him. They kissed a few more and she breathed a final “Happy Birthday” to him against his lips before finally leaving. She couldn’t believe her luck to have such a hot boyfriend who was also so forgiving and understanding.

 

The smile on her face dropped as she remembered what she then had to do. As she approached the front door she took a deep breath and entered. She stopped one of the maids and asked where her parents were and was informed that they were in the dining room enjoying a late dinner. She entered and stood at the end of the table, furthest away from her parents. She looked at them with determination in her eyes as her Father said “Kyungsoo, come and eat. I’m not going to ask where you have been all day and you aren’t in trouble. Tomorrow we will organise your transfer. I hope you have said all of your goodbyes.” Kyungsoo took a deep breath before starting “I’m not hungry and I’m not going anywhere. Before you say anything, we had a deal. I would get to go to school here as long as I agreed to marry Yi Fan. I have held up my end of the deal and went to the engagement party. There is no reason for you to send me away. I like my vocal coach and the classes that I have at my school. I don’t want to move. And if this is about…my ex-boyfriend then you don’t need to worry. He doesn’t want anything to do with me. He made that very clear last night and I have no intention of chasing after him. It was just…a fling, nothing more. I swear I won’t talk to him or interact with him ever again. Just please…don’t make me leave my friends and my school that I love. Please.” She gave them her pleading eyes which even her cold and heartless Father couldn’t resist. He sighed “There are conditions that you will have to meet” she nodded gesturing him to continue. “First and foremost you will never see that poor boy again. You won’t interact in any way. You will spend more time with Yi Fan and show everyone that you have a solid and stable relationship. We will be sending you both on many more public events so you had better get used to his company, We will send you to China every few weeks so that you can spend time with his family. This is non-negotiable Kyungsoo. In the meantime you will go to school, club activities and then come home to study. If you really want to be a singer then show us how serious you are. And no more boyfriend’s. You must commit to this marriage. You will not disappoint me again do you understand?” Kyungsoo looked her Father in the eyes and nodded, firmly responding “Yes Father I understand. I won’t break the rules again.” With that she bowed to both of her parents before turning around and leaving.

 

Once she entered her room she collapsed to the floor. Those conditions were tough. When would she ever have time to see Jongin? But she knew that she had to do this and it wouldn’t be for long. She just hoped that Jongin was willing to wait for her. She managed to stand up and lay down on her bed, all manner of scenarios running through her mind about how she could meet up with her boyfriend but they all seemed implausible. She missed him already. She heard a noise and immediately shot up, there was a tapping at her window. She went towards it and she approached it to find the source and as soon as she opened it she came face to face with the subject of her thoughts. “Hey!” he said while smiling. Kyungsoo looked at her boyfriend in shock, eyes going three times their normal size before whisper shouting “What are you doing here?!” “I came to see you” he responded pecking her lips before guiding her out of the way so he could climb into her room.

 

He went inside and looked around before spotting a few items that he had bought for her dotted around the place. He smiled softly as Kyungsoo came back to her senses and ran to her bedroom door to lock it. As she turned around she whispered “Jongin you can’t be here, what if they catch you?” He gripped her shoulders and whispered reassuringly “They won’t, I promise. I made it in didn’t I? I can make it back out without getting caught.” She didn’t seem convinced but didn’t argue. “I just wanted to see you. I thought you might want me here after you talked to your parents” he said. She didn’t argue anymore and just hugged him tightly whispering “Thank you” against his shoulder as he held her by the waist. “Now!” he began. “I was promised some loving if I was good and I think that I’ve been reeeeeeally good. Don’t you?” He leaned down to her level, quirking his eyebrow as a y smirk played across his face. She laughed in exasperation and stood on her tip toes planting a teasing kiss to his lips “I suppose you have.” And that was all it took for Jongin to grip her face and kiss the breath from her body. That night, they laid in each other’s arms enjoying the feeling of skin on skin. As the sun came up they knew that they had to part ways. Jongin reluctantly put his clothes back on and exited the house the same way he came in but not before stealing a few more kisses from Kyungsoo who looked radiant to him in the morning sun and he knew that he wanted nothing more in the whole world. He thanked her once more for the best birthday before turning around to leave. He turned back to look at her once more before climbing out of the window thinking that he was glad they made up.

 

As he left Kyungsoo typed a quick message:

 

To: Wu Yi Fan

He’s all yours.

P.S. We need to talk.

 

 

________________________________________________________

A/N

So Nini's birthday is finally over! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Let me know what you think or anything that I could improve ^^

Also I can't believe I have 30 subscribers and that people ACTUALLY want to read this. Thank you so much for subscribing. And to  whoever gave me the upvote thank you so much. I wasn't expecting it and you are such a sweetheart for liking my story ♥♥♥♥♥

Happy belated valentines day my lovely readers.

As always,

Take care and keep loving kaisoo~~~

kaisoonoodle