Chapter 2: Why are you here?

A delicate situation

 

 

OMG I can't believe I have subscribers! Thank you so much :)

I hope you like the story so far. I will try and update regularly and get the story moving. 

_________________________________________________

 

“…Y-Y-Yif-f-fan…w-w-what are you doing here?” Yixing said with a flustered look on her face, eyes as wide as they could go. “I’m here for you baby” Kris responded after pulling the petite girl into an empty boys toilets. Yixing was shocked into silence, the last time she had seen Kris was a few weeks ago during her summer break in China. She had spent every waking minute since then trying to get over the boy. Kris on the other hand had very different ideas following Yixing back to Korea. Kris stood before his ex-girlfriend with a smirk on his face accentuating his handsome features. He looked so much like prince charming that Yixing couldn’t help but feel drawn to him, even if her prince was dressed in school uniform rather than a coat of arms. Kris made a move toward Yixing and she retreated towards the exit while staring wearily at him. Kris was taken aback by Yixing’s behaviour towards him as while they were dating he had only ever seen her stare at him lovingly. So the change in her demeanour humbled him and he knew that there was no point in trying to win her back using his flirtatious charm. He knew that he needed to be honest with her if he had any chance of winning her back. He sighed and approached her again, “Baby I missed you so much. These past few weeks have been the worst of my life. I came here to win you back, I love you”.

 

Yixing begged to open and for words to come out but there she stood mouth sealed shut and completely awestruck. She wanted to tell Kris how much she hated him for hurting her and that he should leave and never return but as she looked into his beautiful brown eyes that had captivated her now as much as they had the first day that they met, she couldn’t find the words. Kris dropped his head into his hands and sighed like he didn’t know what to do and had given up on life. Yixing instinctively moved towards him in order to try and comfort the taller. She gently placed her hand on his head causing him to look up and back into her beautiful brown orbs. In that moment it felt as if the world had stopped and only they were left, and that the past few torturous weeks had never happened and they were back where they belonged, in each other’s arms. Yixing ran her fingers through Kris’ soft blonde hair and he moved to place a hand on the petite girl’s hip in an attempt to draw her closer. Kris hesitantly leaned in to kiss Yixing on the lips when the door to the toilets opened and in walked some snot nosed first year student. Yixing shrieked and harshly pushed Kris away from her, only now remembering that she was in the boy’s toilets. After snapping out of her daze, Yixing ran out of the restroom red as a tomato.

 

Kris attempted to chase after his beautiful ex- girlfriend but lost her in the narrow, unfamiliar hallways. He cursed under his breath as the bell rang marking the start of their first lesson. He didn’t despair for long as he knew that their paths would cross again soon, after all they were meant to be together. Now he thought onto the problem at hand, where was his first class?

 

Yixing ran all the way to her first period without looking back to see if Kris was following her. As she took her seat, she noticed a cute boy that she had never seen before take the seat next to her. Too dazed, she barely registered when the boy held out his hand to her introducing himself, “Hi, I’m Kim Jongin. I just transferred here and I at Science so please help me”. Jongin gave her a concerned look as she looked both pale and flustered, if that was even possible. Yixing attempted to collect her thoughts and took the outstretched hand and shook it introducing herself with a half-smile. He released her hand and they both turned to the front of the class to prepare for the start of the class. Yixing remained dazed for the entirety of her first period, recalling her earlier encounter with Kris which caused her heart to flutter madly in her chest. She attempted to calm her fast beating heart, but to no avail so she sighed and resigned herself knowing that today was not going to be a very productive day.

 

While Yixing was a calm natured and caring girl, she could also be tough and stubborn. Knowing this Kris worried about how he would convince her to take him back. At lunch he reunited with Jongin and they sat down to eat the gourmet food provided by the school chef. While Jongin stuffed his face with the food whose name he couldn’t pronounce, Kris’ eyes stayed firmly fixed on the entrance to the cafeteria. Today was his lucky day as half way through the lunch break, Yixing cautiously walked in with a group of girls and a few guys, one of whom was standing way too close to her for comfort. Jongin looked up from his food momentarily and followed Kris’ line of sight until his eyes rested on the cute girl from his Science class. Jongin thought that this was a good time to tease his best friend “ooooh bro are you checking out Yixing? Is it love at first sight? Huh? Huh?”Jongin asked while poking his friend in the side. “She is suuuuuuuuper cute, I wouldn’t blame you for wanting a piece of that”. Kris only just registered what Jongin had said, he felt angry that his best friend would refer to the love of his life in that way but his anger was quickly replaced by confusion causing him to ask “How do you know Yixing?” Kai responded nonchalantly “I met her in Science class this morning. I think she was flirting with me but I have my eyes on someone else. She’s all yours bro!” With that Jongin got up and walked away from the table waving goodbye to Kris which he completely ignored as he was still staring holes into the guy with his hand on Yixing’s shoulder.

 

Kris knew he should keep his emotions in check but something in him snapped, he walked over to Yixing’s table directly in front of her and her “friend”. He flashed an award winning smile making the other girls swoon which made Yixing jealous as her friends ogled her boyfriend ex-boyfriend. Yixing kept her head down hoping that Kris wouldn’t make a scene but she was fresh out of luck. Kris raised her chin with his forefinger and gave her the most sincere and loving smile that she had ever seen and it took her breath away. During moments like this, she remembered why she had so easily fallen for the heartthrob in the first place. He held her gaze and softly said “Yixing please can I talk to you? Please just give me a chance to explain.” All of the other girls began whispering and the whole lunch hall turned to look at what was happening. Without uttering a word Yixing simply nodded and stood up from her place excusing herself from her friends. She gestured for Kris to follow her and they walked down a narrow hallway in complete silence until they reached a locked music room. Yixing unlocked the door with a key that she kept in her blazer pocket and ushered Kris inside. She closed the door behind herself and then turned to face the boy whom she loved with all of her being, the one she put her faith in and the one who broke her heart.

 

The room was quiet for a few minutes, both unable to speak, not knowing where to start. Yixing was the first one to break the silence, “Yifan, why are you here? Why are you trying to disrupt my life? Just when I was finally starting to get over you and feel….normal again, you –“ Kris interrupted “Because I don’t want you to forget me. I can’t let you forget me, baby. I know I hid things from you and I know it was bad but these three weeks without you have been the worst of my life, and I know that it’s selfish but I need you back. Just tell me what to do and I’ll do it” Kris looked at her with pleading eyes begging her to take him back. Yixing looked at him, completely stone faced and hissed back “I want you to not be engaged”. At this Kris immediately withdrew from her and stared at his shoes. He paused for a moment and then replied “Baby, you know that I don’t love her. I only want you, I have never even looked at her that way because she’s just an acquaintance.” “BUT YOU HID HER FROM ME!” Yixing shouted, no longer able to keep her emotions in check. “You lied and said I was the only woman for you and that we would be together forever and that 5 months was long enough for you to know that I was the only one in the world for you. But all along your family had arranged for you to marry someone else. I planned out my whole life with you, gave you my….everything and you just threw it all away. Clearly I meant nothing to you”. At this Kris looked at her incredulously and quickly responded “That’s not true. You mean everything to me and she means nothing. I told you how my parents are….I can’t ever argue against them. If I want to run the company one day and be able to provide for OUR family, I need them. Just for now please be patient, I will never marry her Xing. You have my word”. He took a few cautious steps towards his girlfriend who seemed to be calming down the more he spoke. He gently whispered “I’m yours. I will only ever be yours and whether you dump me or hurt me, I will always come running back to you. You complete me Xing and I can’t be me without you anymore”.

 

Yixing shuddered after hearing Kris call her by her pet name and she realised that he still held the same power over her that he always had and even now she didn’t mind it. As much as she hated the idea of Kris having a fiancé that was not her, the feelings of being apart from him were unbearable, especially when he was stood so close to her and she could smell the familiar cologne that she had bought for him for their one month anniversary. Without speaking she raised herself on her tiptoes and kissed her lover on the cheek, a light blush appearing on her milky white skin. Kris’ heart nearly fell out of his mouth but once he had registered the meaning of the kiss he grabbed Yixing by the waist and raised her off the ground in his arms. He peppered her face with kisses, whispering “I love you’s” between each one. Eventually after minutes of pleading with him to put her down, Kris gently placed Yixing’s feet back on the ground. He then gently brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and stared into her eyes asking for permission. Yixing immediately closed her eyes, silently granting her re-instated boyfriend the permission he needed. Kris slowly leaned in and kissed her soft lips. They were exactly as he remembered them, soft and sweet. He knew that he would never get bored of kissing those lips. As they pulled apart Yixing whispered to him “Please don’t break your promise. I don’t think I could survive watching you walk down the aisle with another woman, it would destroy me”. Kris held her face between his hands as he whispered “Xing when you left China, it broke me. I would never do anything to hurt you I swear it.” At those sweet words, Yixing leaned in for another taste of her boyfriend’s lips, Kris smiled into the kiss, finally content. As they eventually pulled apart to catch some air Kris sniffed his girlfriend’s hair and said lovingly “Xing, I love you”, Yixing once again shuddered at hearing her nickname and responded smiling “Love you too FanFan.”

 

____________________________________________

A/N

Hello, sorry the chapters so far have been short but they will get longer as the story progresses. I am just trying to set the scene at the moment. 

If you have any advice about how to improve my writing and what you think of the story then please comment. But don't feel like you have to. I don't want to pressure anyone into feeling like they HAVE to comment on my story. I just hope you enjoy it.

I hope you are all having a good time in the lead up to Christmas and are looking forward to EXO's album release. Until next time, please wrap up warm when you go out into the cold weather.

Take care and keep loving kaisoo~~~

Kaisoonoodle