Chansoo

15 Days to New Year

Chansoo

Mpreg

Prompt: How To Hide Your Pregnancy By Park Chanyeol.

 

----------------------------------

A/N: This is kind of a mess, but I hope you'll like it.

----------------------------------

 

“Um,” was the first comment Chanyeol gotten when he told Jongdae of his genius plan.

 

Laughter was the second response he got from Baekhyun, Sehun, Jongin, and the list goes on.

 

“I only need to wear the corset until he's gone for that business trip. It’s doable because I’d only be 3 to 4 month along. Then, when he returns two months later, I'll be about 6 to 7 months. I'll make sure to wear loose shirts and sweatpants so he doesn't notice. After a week or two, I'll tell him that it's my turn to go to England for the inspection process. So we won't see each other again until I’m closer to due date. But, I'll ask my doctor in England to induce me. So, by the time I return, my stomach will be flat again.”

 

“I feel like that's a lot of planning just so you don't have to tell him you're pregnant,” Jongdae comments.

 

“But you don't get it,” Chanyeol says exasperatedly. “He doesn't want this baby.”

 

“And you think that arriving back with a baby in your arms will be different?” Baekhyun deadpans.

 

“No…” Chanyeol pouts. “But maybe he'll love the baby once I tell him that I found it on the streets, and it needs love.”

 

“For sake Park, it's a baby, not a pet. It doesn't work the same way.”

 

“But what else am I supposed to do?!” He bemoans.

 

“Grow a pair of balls?” Baekhyun tells him a very good point.

 

“Tell him the truth,” Jongdae says with a nicer tone.

 

“I should have asked Yixing instead. He'd have hugged me and tell me it’ll be okay,” Chanyeol pouts at the end of his words.

 

His useless friends roll their eyes at that.

 

Despite Jongdae's forewarnings, Chanyeol went ahead with the plan, thinking that it'll work out well as long as he doesn't hug Kyungsoo for the next 7 months, and hide his morning sickness.

 

So, every morning, just before 6:30 am (because his nausea always occur around that time), Chanyeol would run off to the backyard, claiming he suddenly loves the morning air. Kyungsoo, who extremely hates the cold, refuses to join him, but he would glare from the window, wondering what's gotten into the elder. This routine continues on for the next few days, and Kyungsoo stops wondering if his boyfriend is sane. The elder is immensely glad because he can't deal with the morning cold anymore, so he vomits quickly in the paper bag while hiding in the garage. He throws out the evidence in the neighbour's garbage can right after

 

His plan is going alright until his nose starts to betray him. He suddenly gets ill from the smell of cooked meat, and the only thing his stomach will keep in is bland soups. He's frustrated because there aren't enough good reasons in the world to say No to Kyungsoo's cookings. The first few times, Chanyeol purposely hides in Jongdae's place, claiming he's working overtime. Kyungsoo doesn't question it, since Chanyeol tends to overwork, but then the younger insists on dropping off his dinner. Chanyeol ends up pretending to work overtime as he wastes his time on the company's desktop.

 

That plan works well into the beginning of his third month. By that time, his nausea  lessens and Chanyeol is able to eat Kyungsoo's yummy food. The only issue is when Chanyeol finds out that he can’t eat any kind of fish without feeling the need to vomit. It happens at the worst time ever, when Kyungsoo decides to do a surprise romantic dinner.

 

He's bending over the toilet, coughing up the last remains, when he feels Kyungsoo's warm hand on his back. He's suddenly nervous that the younger has figured it out.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asks worriedly. “Did the food tastes weird?”

 

The relief in Chanyeol’s chest is overwhelming since the younger doesn't suspect yet.

 

“No,” the elder replies hoarsely before clearing his throat. “I think I just don't feel well today.”

 

“Yeah?” Kyungsoo pats the elder's back. “What do you want to eat then? I'll just put these in the fridge and we can eat it another time.”

 

“Are you sure? I feel bad…” the elder says worriedly.

 

“Of course,” Kyungsoo tells him before helping the giant to stand up, and leads him to the bedroom. “You go rest, and I'll make some juk for you.”

 

“Really?” He looks up to Kyungsoo's eyes when he sits in the bed. His eyes shines brightly at the thought of eating homemade juk. “Will you mix it with all of the side dishes?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at him weirdly before asking his next question.

 

“Which dishes?”

 

“All of them,” Chanyeol tells him seriously.

 

Kyungsoo stares at him momentarily before nodding at his request. He walks away, wondering when Chanyeol started to like pickled cuttlefish. He always thought the elder hated it. Luckily, he doesn't think about it further as he prepares the dish.

 

As the weeks pass, Chanyeol is starting to notice his stomach changing. Though he never had abs, he notices that the area is becoming more hard, and as he presses, there's a weird discomfort, as if he's bothering the baby. So he simply pats the bump sometimes, and maybe rubs it when he’s thinking about what the baby will look like.

 

He meets his friends again a week later, and this time they're less judgmental about his Don't tell Kyungsoo plan.

 

“So, are you still hiding it from Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asks as he steals a fry.

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol confirms with a smile. “He thinks I'm just getting fatter whenever he notices the bump. He’s keeping me off fried foods.”

 

“Good,” Baekhyun tells him before dragging the plate of fries closer to him. He shamelessly puts 5 pieces into his mouth while chewing openly.

 

“Sometimes, I don't know what my brother sees in you,” Jongdae comments with slanted eyes. Baekhyun chooses to ignore it as he stuffs more fries in his mouth.

 

Anyway, he's leaving in two weeks for that US trip. Hopefully, they make him stay longer so my plan keeps working,” Chanyeol continues.

 

“I still don't understand why you don't feel sad about this. If I was pregnant, I'd want him to always be there, and give me foot rubs,” Jongdae says forlornly.

 

“Instead, you create Sims babies and asks your “boyfriend” to name them,” Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

 

“Just because our relationship is LDR, it doesn't mean it's any less real,” Jongdae glares.

 

“Sure, whatever,” Baekhyun pretends to care.

 

Chanyeol stops paying attention by that point as he realizes that he hasn't even picked baby names yet. He won't know the gender until he's closer to fifth month, but he always liked Sehun for a boy. He still doesn't know which name to use for a girl. He supposes he'll have to do some research.

 

“Wait, I just realized something,” Baekhyun suddenly says. “Does everyone know your pregnancy, but Kyungsoo?”

 

Chanyeol stares at him, wondering if that's true. It seems that it is as he checks off the people who knows. So he nods to them, and receives shocked expressions.

 

“Wow,” Jongdae notes. “You’re a brave soul.”

 

“What?” Chanyeol asks confusedly.

 

“Kyungsoo will be pissed that he's the last one to know.”

 

“Well, it's not like he'll know. He should remain clueless until the baby's born.”

 

His friends laugh loudly at that, thinking how ridiculous that sound. It's not like Kyungsoo is that oblivious.

 

Look, you simply got lucky the last two months. Kyungsoo will find out because you'll cry when he leaves for that trip, and he'll wonder what's wrong with you. Then you'll lie horribly to cover up the facts, causing him to figure out what you're really hiding.”

 

“What? That doesn't even sound plausible,” Chanyeol defends his honor.

 

Baekhyun smirks as if his words had planted the seed of doubt.

 

“And I always cry when he leaves. How will this time be any different?” Chanyeol continues on as he huffs.

 

“Because your face will look uglier than usual and Kyungsoo will think something bad has happened,” Jongdae explains the reasoning.

 

“Yeah, maybe he'll think you're cheating on him, and he'll end up leaving you for this reason instead,” Baekhyun taunts.

 

“But he loves me,” Chanyeol pouts before he starts to think about the possibility.

 

He's suddenly extremely upset by the thought. As he heads home earlier than planned, he's distraught by the idea of being a single parent. In his original plan, he always thought that Kyungsoo will eventually agree to raising the baby, and they'll live happily ever after. But what if Kyungsoo gets mad instead and he does leave Chanyeol for someone better?

 

He doesn't realize he's crying until he feels someone wiping his tears and rubbing his back. Warm arms engulf him from the back for a hug and Chanyeol is too upset to worry about Kyungsoo noticing his bump.

 

“What happened?” The younger asks softly.

The elder is now calming down, but he still doesn't know how to explain his behavior without raising suspicion.

 

“Nothing,” he replied lamely.

 

Kyungsoo sighs heavily before pulling away. He's walking to the kitchen now, and Chanyeol knows the younger is annoyed by the lack of confession. So he follows him, and starts to latch on to his back, making sure to not press his stomach too much. Sometimes the elder doesn't know how Kyungsoo does it, cooking while letting him latch on him. It's a weird process.

 

Two weeks later, when Kyungsoo leaves for his trip, Chanyeol doesn't cry as much as people expect him to. In fact, he feels fine as he accompanies the younger to the airport. He even excitedly points out the cute souvenirs as if it's his first trip here.

 

As they say goodbye, there's still no sadness in his mind. Instead, he's excited for Kyungsoo's trip to go well.

 

“I guess I should pass through security now,” the younger ends up saying after enduring too much Chanyeol. “I made you enough food to last two weeks. I've asked Yixing to make more food after that.”

 

“But why?” he whines. “I can cook by myself.”

 

“Right, and I'm not short,” he rolls his eyes before swinging his bag onto his back. “I'll call you when I land. Don't worry about me.”

 

“Okay,” the elder nods before opening his arms for another hug.

 

“You already got your hug before,” the younger reminds him, but he hugs Chanyeol quickly anyway.

 

It's only when the elder arrives home that he notices how quiet the apartment is without Kyungsoo’s light footsteps. He's feeling sad now and the uneasy feeling in his stomach grows. His sleep is restless that night and he holds on to Kyungsoo's pillow, sniffing the scent while crying his eyes out.

 

The next two months feels a little like torture as he hides the lower part of his body whenever they have video calls. Even when the younger tries to initiate some , Chanyeol can't send pictures back without risking the bump being seen. He's suddenly tired of the constant hiding, but also scared on how Kyungsoo will react if he were to find out. After all, the younger misses almost 6 months of the pregnancy already, from morning sickness to the first kick. If Kyungsoo had done this to him, Chanyeol would be so mad, so the elder is already feeling screwed by his stupid plan.

 

“I told you it'd backfire,” Jongdae tells him during one of his daily visit. Chanyeol is grateful sometimes that Jongdae cares that much about him. “Your plans have always been stupid and reckless. Baekhyun and I are even amazed that you and Kyungsoo lasted this long. I don’t even know why Kyungsoo forgave you after the whole ferrets fiasco.”

 

“He just doesn't understand why ferrets need love too.”

 

“See, you always miss the point whenever we talk.”

 

“Nooo I do get it,” Chanyeol insists. “But why can't my plans just work out?”

 

Jongdae rolls his eyes and refuses to answer that. Chanyeol should know by now not to ask dangerous questions.

 

When Kyungsoo finally returns, Chanyeol waits excitedly and nervously as Jongdae. Chanyeol would have gone and done it himself, but his doctor forces him on bed rest after a few anxiety attacks about confessing to Kyungsoo. Let's just say his doctor is also unimpressed of his plan.

 

When he finally hears the doorbell, he immediately heads towards it, ready to engulf Kyungsoo into a hug. Kyungsoo stands there with a small smile and Chanyeol runs up to him with the biggest hug.

 

“Missed me that much?” Kyungsoo mumbles against his shoulder.

 

“Yes! I was wrong, 2 months . You should quit your job,” Chanyeol tells him in a serious tone.

 

Kyungsoo pats his back before pulling away. He drags the suitcase inside before closing the door. Chanyeol remains close to his side, as if never wanting to be apart again.

 

“Oh, I got something on the airport by the way,” the younger tells him before opening his backpack on the couch.

 

“Oh, snacks?” The elder tries to look in.

 

“No, it's not really for you,” the younger says before showing the gift.

 

It's a small onesie, probably for newborn, and it has I'm Hungry written across it.

 

“It's cute right?” The younger asks. “I don't know if the baby will have your height gene, but I hope he does.”

 

“What?” Chanyeol replies, completely shaken in disbelief as he never thought Kyungsoo would find out yet.

 

“Oh, sorry, did you want to go through that England plan before I tell you 'I know’?” The younger says exasperatedly.

 

“But….How?”

 

“I guess I should have noticed from all the weird things you keep doing, like wearing those baggy sweaters even though you hate them, but I only knew for sure during poker night. A drunk Baekhyun always reveals secrets,” the younger explains as he shrugs it off.

 

“You're not mad?”

 

“I was, but I guess I'm also excited in the end,” Kyungsoo tells him with a small smile before approaching him to rub the bump. “I know I never wanted one, but you're great with them. You can be the good parent, and I'll just be the one that put fear into their lives.”

 

It doesn't take long for Chanyeol to hug his husband tightly while crying like an emotional girl. Kyungsoo can only pats his head before telling him that he shouldn't get used to the younger's forgiveness. He may punish the elder one day.


Despite the emotional day, they spend the day talking about baby names, and Kyungsoo gets to choose for either genders to make up for the lost time. When Chanyeol finally gets into labor a few weeks after, the elder is immensely glad to have Kyungsoo holding his hand. He really thinks this baby will be an only child after that tough labor.