Krisho

15 Days to New Year

Krisho

Date

Prompt: It's not a date if they're not pestering you about their love lives.

 

 

Yifan doesn't know when it started. The first time he realizes it, they're having a movie night, and he’s pretty excited at having Lord Of The Rings marathon. They're settled down in the wide, comfy couch, and the popcorn is still left untouched when the first uninvited guest arrives. Yifan doesn't know how Jongdae manages to enter the apartment. The elder doesn't recall giving anyone a spare key, and yet, Jongdae walks through the living room as if he's been here many times.

 

“Hyung~” his whiny voice is already bothering the elder. The telltale pout is permanently stuck in the younger's lips, and Yifan sighs heavily, already guessing what's the issue.

 

Joonmyeon stares wide eyed at the younger, wondering what's wrong.

 

Jongdae huffs and falls on the elder's body, wrapping his arms around Joonmyeon, signifying how much his life is ruined.

 

“What's wrong?” Joonmyeon asks worriedly.

 

“I ruined it!” The younger says woefully, before pressing his face against Joonmyeon’s shoulder. “He probably hates me, and he should! I'm the worst boyfriend ever.”

 

“That's all very sad, and all, but why can't you wait until tomorrow?” Yifan tells him darkly.

 

The sharp nudge from Joonmyeon does nothing to make Yifan emphatic.

 

“Because my life is ruined and I'll forever remain alone. I'll have to move in with you after high school,” Jongdae looks up to his hyung, who stares back at him in horror.

 

Yifan doesn't hesitate to tell Jongdae Not over his dead body before pulling Joonmyeon away from the younger. Jongdae may have ruined their date, but it doesn't mean he can hog Joonmyeon’s affections too.

 

“But hyung~” the younger pouts again. “How am I supposed to survive now?”

 

“Try ,” Yifan says unhelpfully.

 

“What happened? What did you say that ruined everything?” Joonmyeon asks calmly, ignoring the obvious tension from Yifan’s side.

 

Yifan frowns increasingly as Jongdae animatedly recalls the scene while Joonmyeon hums occasionally.

 

When Joonmyeon finally realizes the problem, another guest shows up, interrupting his mid speech.

 

“Yo, man, do you have any…” Luhan barges in and Yifan groans at the sight of another enemy.

 

“Oh, hey,” Luhan says nervously, as if his question was going to be extremely embarrassing. “Sup?”

 

Yifan rolls his eyes at the lame attempt to look cool.

 

“Do you need advice too?” Joonmyeon asks innocently.

 

Yifan is about to rip that invitation when Luhan suddenly flops down in between him and Joonmyeon. The darkening expression in Yifan's face remains unnoticed.

 

“Yes! I just remembered that I had an...issue,” Luhan says vaguely.

 

“Performance issue?” Jongdae teases.

 

The middle finger reply is unwarranted, and Joonmyeon makes sure to scowl to display his displeasure to both of them.

 

Yifan sighs again heavily, and they ignore him again.

 

“But I'm not done yet,” Jongdae whines to Joonmyeon, and the elder nods before telling Luhan to wait.

 

Yifan ultimately gives up as he stands and walks to the kitchen. Maybe a cold beer will soothe his anger, and frustration. He snaps open the first can, and takes his first sip slowly. The liquid feels cool on the way down, but the sensation relaxes his nerves and he thinks he's ready to remain calm as he kicks them out. He goes back to the living room, and finds himself halting when he sees more than 3 people this time. When the hell did Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrive?

 

He stomps to the couch, arms crossed in his chests before he looks down at the extra guests.

 

“Oh, hey man,” Chanyeol greets him. He must be either oblivious or ignoring the death glare on him. “How are you?”

 

What are you both doing here?” The elder grits out.

 

“Oh, um, Kyungsoo kicked me out,” Chanyeol explains with a kicked expression. If Yifan had any sympathy left, he'd feel bad. “And Baekhyun’s here to laugh at Jongdae's misery, while remaining sad that he's 'forever’ alone.”

 

Yifan doesn't understand these kids. Why must Joonmyeon be their outlet for misery?!

 

“Don't you kids have counselors at school or something?”

 

“We do, but Joonmyeon's our favorite counselor,” Baekhyun says while fluttering his eyelashes.

 

For some reason, Joonmyeon falls easily for Baekhyun's words, and Yifan doesn't have the heart to tell him that these kids are mooching off his kindness.

 

“Well, I'll always help you guys, even when I'm in university,” Joonmyeon smiles at them.

 

Yifan can already foresee these kids interrupting more dates in the future.

 

And he was right as the weeks pass by. If it's not Jongdae's problem with his careless words, then it's Luhan or even Baekhyun moping about his love life. Yifan thinks he spends more time staring angrily at these kids than holding Joonmyeon in his arms.

 

He just wants one quiet date, that will somehow ends up in y time, because he's sick of using his hands. What's the point of having a really cute boyfriend if he can't touch him anytime?

 

So, Yifan devise a plan that involves making sure that none of these brats will annoy him again.

 

The easiest one is Tao. He only has to mention the words Unlimited spending for the day to get the young boy busy for the day. Then he sets up a meeting with everyone's boyfriends/girlfriends because he has no time to set private meetings. Fortunately, it's all done by texts.

 

Yifan

Hi, you may know me as Joonmyeon's boyfriend, or his scary looking roommate. I've invited everyone whose boyfriends have been harassing my boyfriend about their love problems.

 

Yixing

Hi Yifan! ^.^

 

Sehuna

Okay?

 

Jongin

Why am I included?

 

Kyungsoo

Wth…

I tell him to get his together and he runs crying to Joonmyeon.

 

Yifan

Hi.

Because, Luhan is going through women and men, so I had to add anyone he hasn't slept with.

And Kyungsoo, Chanyeol may be whipped, but you need to take it easy on him. He's so sensitive that I think he may be secretly a girl.

 

Sehuna

Ew, I wouldn't touch him, even if I was desperate.

 

Jongin

That depends...is he okay with blindfolds?

 

Yixing

O.O

 

Kyungsoo

Ugh fine. Is he still there?

 

Yifan

Yes!!! Pick him up, now!

I think if you come over now, Jongin, he'll say yes to anything.

 

Kyungsoo

I'll be there in 15.

 

Jongin

Same.

 

Yixing

Wait, what did I do wrong again?

 

Yifan

That you picked a whiny boyfriend. Wth did he do that got you mad?

 

Yixing

Mad? I wasn't mad at him...I think.

 

Yifan

Then get him out of my apartment!!

Please.

 

Yixing

Oh.

Okay.


 

Kyungsoo did arrive a few minutes later, and Chanyeol cowers immediately upon seeing him. Luckily, Kyungsoo only has to mutter a half hearted apology before Chanyeol follows the younger again like a lovesick puppy.

 

Luhan is even easier to kick out. Jongin only has to smirk in the doorway before the pretty male storms out without a backward glance.

 

By the time Yixing has arrived, Jongdae doesn't seem reluctant to bend down on his knees for forgiveness. Yixing doesn't even know why the younger was upset. He only had to pat Jongdae's back and comments on how they should get some ice cream before heading home. Luckily, Baekhyun follows them as he pouts his way into getting some free dessert.

 

Now, the apartment is practically empty, and Yifan can sighs in relief as he enjoys the peace. He does notice that Joonmyeon seems sad that no one is asking for his help anymore.

 

“I still need you,” Yifan tells him as he wraps his arms around the younger. “I missed you so much these days. It felt like I was sharing you too much with others, and not enough for me.”

 

“I noticed,” the younger says teasingly before wrapping his arms around Yifan’s neck. “Even though they needed me, you're still my number one.”

 

“Yeah?” Yifan grins. “Well then, I have a problem that requires your attention too.”


The elder slips his hands down to Joonmyeon's and squeezes them gently. The younger giggles at the sensation before pulling Yifan towards the bedroom.