Honey

A Playlist For You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like my girls just like I like my honey; sweet

A little selfish

I like my women like I like my money; green

A little jealous

'Cause I'm a beautiful wreck

A colorful mess, but I'm funny"

♪ ♫ ♪

Chaeyoung screamed at the top of her lungs as she shook her head like a lunatic that just came out of the mental hospital. I looked at her weirdly and she just stuck out her tongue at me. I rolled my eyes at her. Gosh, this girl is such a pain in the .

Drunk chaeyoung is a difficult Chaeyoung.

It's Friday, the last day of hell week. It was one hell of a week for almost everyone in the school except for me because I was chilling the whole week while watching them cram like crazy. Chaeyoung was one of those people who whines a lot if she gets low grades when in reality she does all the work at the very day of its deadline and her finished work usually looks like no teacher would accept it. The pro in procrastination isn't for Chaeyoung, I guess. I swear I've always reminded her to do things beforehand but she's too hardheaded. Sometimes I just want to slap her but I can't do that because she's too precious.

And here we are, at the rooftop of my apartment, drinking soju. Although we're both underage, too young to be drinking alcohol, me and my friends usually drink here in my apartment so that we wouldn't be caught. I have a stock of soju and other alcoholic drinks in my fridge, just in case of emergency. Chaeyoung and I only drink whenever we have emotional and mental breakdown and unfortunately, tonight Chaeyoung was having it. I was just accompanying her so that she wouldn't do anything stupid that could hurt, not other people, but herself. 

When I reached my apartment floor, I was surprised to see her sitting with her head down in front of my doorstep, obviously waiting for my arrival. From the moment she looked up to me with glossy eyes, I knew she was having those days. And I knew that she was up for drowning herself with alcohol so I didn't hesitate to invite her over. It might sound silly but we find comfort in drinking and it's like our way of venting out our frustrations in life. But the aftermath is still something we both despise. Hangover is still a to the both of us.

We decided to drink here at the rooftop of my apartment building because I knew Chaeyoung's going to be a mess and I wouldn't want her to disturb my neighbors who might call the cops if they find out that we're drinking at an illegal age. Also, the view up here is amazing. Looking up at the stars made me nostalgic because it was the closest thing to being with my family. Looking at the stars always gives me hope because I know that I'm looking at the same night sky and burning stars like my family and friends do and it motivates me to work as hard as I can be in order to achieve my dreams because someday I want to be able to give back all the hardwork that my loved ones had done for me. And that's why I always love looking at the stars. I don't know about Chaeyoung though because she was too busy screaming at the top of her lungs and crying her eyes out. But I know that she loves the stars as much as I do. Also the rooftop has a mini garden on it and there are tables and benches good for group of friends. We can also build a little campfire up here which is nice when it gets cold.

It's eleven in the evening and all I could hear was the cold wind whispering into my ears while sending shivers down my spine. Of course, I was just completely ignoring Chaeyoung's drunken blabbers. 

"Ya, Chewyyyy. I have something to tell you," she said, slurring. She was bobbing her head up and down as if she was about to fall asleep. Aigoo, this poor girl.

"P-Promise y-you won't laugh at m-me," she giggled.

I was already amused just by looking at her but then I was also curious to what she's going to say so I only hummed in response to let her continue.

"I s-still sleep with my n-night light on."

She looked at me with drowsy eyes, hoping that she would get a reaction from me. I only raised my eyebrow at her and shrugged my shoulders off while finishing the last bottle of soju left on the table. She expressed her disappointment by pouting her lips at me. She weakly nudged me at my side as I only glared at her. I was actually waiting for her to admit something that she has been keeping from me only to find out that she stills sleep with a night light on. Like? That's actually cute and practical. Aigoo, she's indeed a kid.

"Ya, why are you s-such a to me?" she whined, kicking her feet. 

"Well, that's because you're lame. It's not like you're the only one who sleeps with their night light on," I said. "Don't feel special."

She grew quiet. At first I thought that she was already asleep because she has hear head down until I heard her little sobs. I meant it as a joke but I guess she took it seriously.

"Chaeyoung..." I called her out, softly caressing her back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry."

Her little sobs became louder and her body was shaking. Wow, I'm an idiot.

"Hey, hey. I'm sorry, Chaeyoung-ah. I swear I didn't mean it," I said as I tried my best to comfort her but it only made things worse as I hear her sobs getting louder. Instead, I gave her a hug even though she was literally uncontrollably shaking. 

Her body stopped shaking but her faint sobs could still be heard. I tried to give her some tissues but she kept refusing it. As a good friend, I took the initiative to wipe her tears and her runny nose. I continued to caress her back until she stopped sobbing. 

"Chaeyoung-ah, I'm sorry," I apologized, pouting. 

She lazily nodded her head while trying so hard to stand up. I knew she was going to stagger when standing up so I forced her to sit back. 

"Ya, I don't know about you, but a scraped knee or a bruise on the forehead isn't something to be proud of ," I said, 

"I'm sorry," she muttered. 

"Silly, it's okay. You're drunk." 

"No, I'm Chaeyoung. I'm Son Chaeyoung," she snickered. "N-Nice to m-meet you."

I giggled. "Nice to meet you too, dork."

"I miss you, Somi-yah. I'm sorry," she mumbled as she fell asleep on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter