Where Do Broken Hearts Go

A Playlist For You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Now i'm searching every lonely place

Every corner calling out your name 

Tryna find you, but I just don't know 

Where do broken hearts go?

Where do broken hearts go?" 

♪ ♫ ♪

If life was easy, you'd fall for me too. If life was easy, you'd love me back. If life was that easy, I wouldn't be waking up at two in the morning thinking of all the things I could've said to you—the things that I could've done for you. 

But here I am, sitting alone on a park bench, looking up at the night sky and thinking why I always choose people's happiness over mine. But then again, I couldn't let myself be selfish. If I couldn't make you happy as much as he does, then I am willing to set you free because in the first place you were never mine. 

I let out a sigh as I scanned my surroundings. There's no one here but me although I can see few people passing by. I never appreciated this park before because it looks like one of those parks you see in the horror movies where people usually get murdered. Honestly, I maybe be feeling depressed and all but the thought of getting murdered here in the park is making me paranoid. Then again, I have nowhere to go but here. 

The park doesn't actually look scary in the morning. It's like any other parks where you see a group of people like families or friends hanging out, talking about stuffs, maybe having a picnic or just simply resting off the day. Surprisingly, this park is wider unlike other parks and it's probably one of the reasons why people go here. The park is actually surrounded by a few tall trees, giving shade to the benches on a sunny day or shelter birds. It honestly looks so refreshing in the morning, but, at night it looks scary. 

Though the game has changed, I feel light just sitting alone here. I feel at peace here. It feels like I'm having the perfect solitude right now. As much as I tell myself this place is something that I should be afraid of, I tell myself that my case is much worse than this. 

I shut my eyes close as the cold wind pass by, sending shivers down my spine. I cringed. 

"How many times do I have to make myself suffer? Why am I like this?" I asked myself. If some people happen to pass by, hearing me talking alone to myself, they would surely think I'm crazy or something. 

It's been a tough life. I've been a tough person to myself. People around me are getting tough too. It's like I am just anticipating my death to come. Just kidding, that's ridiculous. It's just that when I thought everything was falling into their right places, then something happened. I'm back in square one again. I am really trying my best to drift my mind off to something that doesn't concern her or doesn't remind me of her. But then again, I think of her in almost everything. It's exaggerating. But that's the tragic truth. 

Right. I think of you in almost everything. It hurts. It really does hurt to think that I am so full of you while you're so empty of me. 

I can't really erase her off in my mind that easily. Nor in my heart. Not especially when she just broke my heart into tiny little pieces. No, she didn't say anything to me or did anything. But she actually did—she's still breaking my heart. She doesn't know that she is silently breaking my heart. But if breaking my heart means making her happy, then there's no reason to protest anymore. 

Minatozaki Sana, you're killing me softly. 

Sana is the kind of girl who relies on what her heart wants to do or want to believe in. She always think that her feelings don't lie. She always tell people what she believes in. And one of the beliefs she used to tell people is, if I remembered it correctly, it goes like this: "Trust me, you can never fake your feelings. If you can, then you are not human at all."

She can be really honest sometimes that people might think she's rude or just dumb. I love her honesty as much as I love her. She could be blunt sometimes but that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's more to her than just her pretty face and her stunning body. I could write a book about Sana and how great of a person she is but I think I can't do that since I am nothing but just a friend... nothing more, nothing less. 

She's really an intuitive type of person. She always tell us that we shouldn't doubt her intuitions because she's always right about them. I don't know if things go on her way that easily, but yes, her intuition is always seem right. Or it's just a number of coincidences? I don't think so, because that would be a lot of coincidences. That would be unfair to anyone, considering that there are thousands of people out there who also rely on their intuitions yet receive nothing but the complete opposite of what they expected. I guess Sana is just a lucky person...

It was lunch time. I was heading to the music room to get my guitar, which was borrowed by Chaeyoung, my vertically challenged best friend. Chaeyoung told me she left it there along with the other instruments. She apologized several times about how she have forgotten to bring it with her and how she was too hungry to even think of it. She didn't lie when she said she's dead hungry after seeing her shoving all of the food that's in front of her sight in . As much as I want to hate my cute vertically challenged friend of mine, I didn't bother her to get it for me since I also play guitar in my music class. 

I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I couldn't help it. Sana and Jihyo were talking inside the music room. Just the two of them. Thank God, I didn't knock or tried to open the door or else I would be looking stupid than I already am. I leaned my head closer on the door, but in a subtle way so that people wouldn't look at me weirdly, to clearly hear what they were talking about. 

"I am in love with him, Jihyo. And I have a feeling that he feels the same way too." 

I heard her let out a sigh. A sigh both mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter