Your Type

A Playlist For You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I used to be in love with you 

You use to be the first thing on my mind

I know I'm just a friend to you 

That I will never get to call you mine" 

♪ ♫ ♪

"Myoui Mina! You're not getting away with this! You owe me a lot, you little !" I shouted, not caring whether there were adults around the mall. I started to move my feet to chase the older girl until I ran into someone. 
 
"Holysh—" I fell on my , groaning in pain. I scowled as I looked to see who bumped into me. "Mark?!" 

Mark looked, weirdly, flustered as he let out his hand to help me stand on my feet. I had no energy for yelling at this guy even he's one of the reason I was pissed-off a few moments ago so I gladly took his hand. I was about to say something when I heard him clearing his throat. "I, uh, s–sorry?" He tore his gaze away from me, scratching the back of his head. 

"Meh, it's fine. We were both at fault I guess," I mumbled, brushing off some dust on my and fixing my clothes. I glanced at him. He was about to say something but was cut off when Sana and Mina came into the view. 

"Well, well. What do we have here?" Mina approached my side as she rested here arm on my right shoulder. "Hey, Mark! You and Sana are something, eh?" She snickered, wiggling her eyebrows at them. 

If I could slap anyone right now, it would definitely be Mina. Gawd, why would she even ask him if the answer is so obvious? 

I looked down at my shoes while kicking an imaginary pebble on the floor as I waited for the boy's response. I anticipated his answer would be the same as Sana. When I heard there was no quick response, I found the courage to look up at them, only to see Sana staring at him, maybe, waiting for him to answer Mina's question. He turned his head at Sana and gave the blonde haired girl a boyish smile. He cleared his throat and torn his gaze to the two of us. 

"I guess, Sana and I are good friends...?" 

If I had been drinking or eating something, I would definitely choke myself. 

Should I feel happy that Mark doesn't feel anything towards Sana, the girl that I've hopelessly fallen in love with—or feel sad because Sana just got her heart broken hearing those words from the person she have feelings for? Honestly, I don't know what to feel since a good friendship could be the start of a healthy relationship in the future. 

I stared at Mark for a moment and studied his features. In my own opinion, I can say Mark is definitely charming; a height of somewhere 5'8-10, broad shoulders, maybe, hiding biceps, or whatever muscle-ish thingy other girls would say inside that baggy sweater, and an angelic face (which is I say, could be deceiving). Unlike any other guys, he looks approachable and genuine. He's like one of those guys you aren't afraid to talk with since he gives off that friendly vibe. Though I have to admit—if I was into guys—he would definitely out of the list of my types even though he's good looking, smart, kind or whatever other people used to describe him. 

I studied his whole presence and he seems true to what he just said. I wasn't that good in reading people but I could honestly feel what other people feel. And I could say, nonetheless, that Mark might feel something towards Sana. Though, he said they were just good friends, I know deep down that there would come a day where he would ask out Sana—and that would be the best day for Sana and for me? Don't ask me. You already know the answer. 

But as I looked directly in Mark's eyes, I was uncertain of my assumptions. There was something off about him. Almost, as if, he's telling me that Sana was just really a friend and nothing much. 

"Yeah, me and Mark are good friends," Sana spoke up, emphasizing the word good friends. "Really good friends," She glanced at Mark, giving him a light pat on his left shoulder. 

Sana looked like she was determined to get what she wants. I swear to heavens, Sana would you just stop and notice me instead?! 

"And if you ever think of me 

I bet I'm just a flicker in your head 

But I still love you 

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I love you" 

Mark seemed oblivious about Sana's feelings as he gave the girl a friendly smile. Meanwhile, Sana returned the smile, but a flirty smile. I was definitely frustrated and groaning inside my mind. 

I was so lost in my own thoughts until I heard Mina speak. I legitimately have forgotten that she was on my side, resting her arm on my shoulder, the whole damn time. 

"Ugh, good friends? That's all you guys have to say? Come on! But whatever, good luck with the two of you." 

"You heard them, Mina. They're good friends. Really good friends." 

I was definitely annoyed but I didn't show it. I guess I should be thankful that I have this hidden talent of mine. I think hiding my true emotions is my forté. I should pursue my acting skills instead of my music career. 

I heard Mark chuckling. "Uh, well, it's nice to see the two of you," Mark said, looking directly at me. "Sana? I guess I should get going. Sorry if I couldn't accompany you anymore. Umma must be looking for me. You know, brother duties," he tucked his hand inside his worn out jeans, showing off his boyish smile. 

"It's okay, Mark. Besides, my friends are here. I'm sure they won't mind accompanying me. Thank you for wasting your time with me," Sana blushed. 

"Ah, I told you, being with you is not a waste of time," Mark said. "Well, I guess I'm off first. Uh, Tzuyu? I'm sor—" 

"It's really fine, Mark. Don't worry, we'll take good care of Sana. Now, go," I gave him my most convincing smile and I think he fell for it. He could only nod and flashed Sana his smile. 

The three of us bid goodbye at him. Sana was still watching him leaving the mall with a cute pout on her face. I didn't have the courage to call her out so Mina did the job for me. 

"Come on, Minatozaki. You really need to quit that face you're making every time he leaves. He's not going anywhere for pete's sake!" Mina tugged her arm. "Anyways, come with us. We're going to have a dinner!" 

"Okay, since it's Friday night and my mother is out of town."

"Same! Aren't we lucky?" Mina giggled, as she put her arms around me and Sana's shoulders making the two of us closer to her. Sana could only gave her a sad smile. Mina must have seen her reaction so she awkwardly pursed her lips. 

 

♪ ♫ ♪​​​​​​​

 

After our little meet-up with Mark, we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter