Words

A Playlist For You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wanna tell you you're beautiful

In a way that you have not heard before

But I don't think it's gonna work

Cause I'm not good with words"

♪ ♫ ♪

The gymnasium was already packed up even it's still early in the evening with sophisticated Seniors and Juniors students. Girls with their dazzling long gowns and boys with their bow ties and well-ironed suits. Some students who used to looked greasy, now looked admirable than on school days and the others who always looked good, now looked even more attractive than they have ever been. I must admit, I liked the evening looks of the people here and some of our teachers even looked younger and approachable with their simple suits and gowns. Though I've been anticipating how my friends looked tonight for the party, especially how Sana looked tonight. I bet she's going to take my breath away.

Our mini acquaintance party is about to start an hour away and our band's having a last minute practice in the backstage. So I rushed towards the backstage when I felt someone grab my wrist.

"Tzuyu, wait!"

I turned around and clenched my jaw when I saw the person who had the guts to grab my precious hand.

"I–I am speechless. You look beyond beautiful with that dress on. Wow," Mark gaped, trying his best not to blush. He shook his head in astonishment as if he couldn't grasp the beauty I'm possessing on tonight's acquaintance party.

I couldn't blame him at all since I'm wearing a floor length military ball gown. This stunning two piece black long dress has a richly designed sparkling beaded halter-style crop top that allows peeks of skin to show through above a sweetheart neckline underlay. The amazing backless gown ties to reveal my bare shoulders and open back, above my glowing midriff. The sensational long, luxuriously pleated skirt softly falls to the floor and allows a seductive view of my long legs thru the thigh high slit. I followed the old trick and put a blood red lipstick on with smokey eyes. By the way, my mother bought this gown in Taiwan and shipped it to me because she thought if I'd be the one to pick up a dress, it would be a disaster and I couldn't agree more with that. I loved this dress even though I'm not into these stuffs but sometimes there are exceptions.

And I must admit that even I really don't find Mark attractive at all—well, tonight's exceptional since he's well-groomed himself in a maroon tuxedo with a black collar which was paired with a maroon slacks, and a black bow tie on. His hair was slick back and I could've sworn already that girls were showing their heart eyes on him. If I was into guys or particularly in him, I'd be head over heels to him but too bad I'm not so he could just proceed and leave me alone.

"Thank you, Mark. You look dazzling yourself. Your fan girls must be waiting for you to notice them so I'm just gonna go leave you with them," I excused, praying internally that he would leave me alone.

"Can we talk later? I really have something important to tell you. Please?" He said, showing his puppy eyes while his eyebrows were creased. I groaned and I didn't have the energy to argue with him so I nodded my head. "By the way, I'm just gonna send you guys a good luck for tonight's performances! Hwaiting!"

I watched Mark making his way to his friends and he seemed oddly happy which made my stomach churn. Maybe Mina and Chaeyoung were right about Mark liking me. And my gut is also telling me that they're right. I don't even know he likes me until Mina mentioned the way he looks at me or the way he treats me. I never noticed Mark anyway. He's just a guy to me and none other than that. I don't even notice how nicely he treats me and how shy he used to approach me. Though I sometimes notice how he blushes whenever we run into each other, how he stutters whenever he tries to make a conversation with me and how he fails to make a direct eye-contact towards me. How come I didn't notice all of that? Was I too busy falling in love with Sana that I failed to notice other people?

Maybe he's going to confess tonight... Oh my God, I hope not because I don't want to see Sana hurt. I won't let that happen!

"Woah, Tzuyu is that you?" Jungkook awed, covering his mouth. He looked stunning too with his simple dark blue tuxedo. "Wow, you look amazing!"

I chuckled and punched his arm. "I know, I know. Close that mouth of yours or you'll catch a fly."

He rolled his eyes and went back plucking his bass guitar.

"Chou Tzuyu! You're a goddess! Wew, you look badass and ho—"

Jungkook smacked the back of Woozi's head. I shook my head in disbelief and patted his shoulder while giving him a look of sympathy. "Why did you smack my head? Do you think you're the only one who can appreciate Tzuyu's beauty?" Woozi roared at him. Woozi was wearing a simple tux and a simple neck tie.

"I smacked your head because I was preventing you from saying inappropriate words. Aigoo, have some respect with yourself and with Tzuyu!" Jungkook furiously said, threatening Woozi with another smack.

The two boys continued arguing when Wendy and Dahyun both entered the backstage together. Wendy was wearing a blue illusion-top racerback floor-length blue dress while Dahyun was wearing a beaded strapless creamy white long gown. They both look stunning too.

"Wow, the girls are rocking tonight's party! You all look beautiful," Woozi grinned.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to be distracted with tonight's performances," Jungkook joked. This time the girls smacked his head. "Aigoo, I'm just kidding!"

We could only laugh at our band leader. "Okay, let's practice before the program will start."

 

♪ ♫ ♪​​​​​​​

 

It's almost 9 in the evening and the people were already drunk because of the juice, which was actually an alcoholic drink. For sure, seniors were the ones who did this. And I could've sworn that I saw some of our teachers drunk talking to each other which was a sight to see. Actually, I didn't mind seeing people loosen up. School has been crazy and we kind of deserved this.

I was sitting alone near the stage with my acoustic guitar, just staring at the drunk people doing drunken things when I heard someone calling my name from afar.

"Tzuyu!"

I turned my head around and was surprised to see who was approaching me. I squinted my eyes and my heart almost burst out of my chest.

"For someone so beautiful tonight, why are you here sitting alone? At least can I ask you for a dance?"

My mind was off to dreamland when I hear her clearing .

"Ahem, I found the most beautiful person tonight and she's even gaping at me, making my heart flutter," Mina joked, as she eyed me from head to toe with sparkling eyes.

I have to admit that she's beautiful than ever. Wait, scratch that. She looked like an angel ascended from heaven with that white long gown, romantic and ethereal, her striking two-piece gown pairs a gorgeously tailored sequin top with a voluminous skirt of wispy, blush-colored tulle. Mina has been always gorgeous but I never thought she could be this gorgeous. Maybe I was used to her beauty that i have forgotten to appreciate it. If I wasn't into Sana, I'd be falling for Mina. Not because she has good looks and all, but because she's one of those people who can see me through the inside.

"Wow, said the goddess herself. My heart should be the one fluttering right now," I complimented her, as I saw the blush creeping on her cheeks. "Let me guess, half of the population of this party asked you out for a dance, eh?"

She shyly nodded her head. "Yeah, it's kind of annoying because I can't just talk to my friends without being interrupted every single damn time. Honestly, I couldn't care less if they'd tell me i was rude," She rolled her eyes, as she took a sip on her wine. "Let me guess, it goes the same for you?"

"Right. But I have an excuse since I'm in a band and not that I'm interested with them either," I snickered.

"By the way, the girls are all rocking tonight. They all look gorgeous. I'm a proud friend here," I said, as I jokingly wiped the imaginary tears. Mina and I talked for a couple of minutes until I had the courage to ask of Sana's whereabouts.

"Anyways, have you seen Sana? I spotted almost everyone here but not a single trace of her presence..." I stated, trying to be oblivious. Mina shook her head while scanning the ball room. And I did the same too.

"I saw her like a few minutes ago. But I don't know where she's currently at," Mina answered briefly. "She might be talking to that jock right now."

"What?!"

"Yup. Knowing Sana, she might be very drunk right now. Also considering that she's so damn in love with that guy. Ugh, she might be all over him right now," the Japanese girl said, rolling her eyes and gulping down her drink.

I felt my throat ran dry and I couldn't think straight at the thought of Sana and Mark. Even the thought of them just talking to each other drives me to the madness. I don't have the right to be like this but I just don't want to see Sana getting hurt again. I don't want to see her pretty face crying tonight because this party's supposed to be about loosening up and letting your worries go just for once.

I know Sana is vulnerable at the moment and I don't want other people taking advantage of her, especially Mark. Oh God, I don't want to face that boy right now but if ever I see the two of them close to each other, I wouldn't hesitate to tear them apart. Not in a harsh way but in my own way, like garnering the attention of either the both of them. And speaking of Mark, I've been disturbed of the thought of him liking me because I couldn't imagine seeing Sana so disappointed of me. I know it wouldn't be my fault if Mark really like me instead of her but the thought of Sana avoiding and hating me already breaks my ever aching heart.

So I tiptoed and scanned my surroundings again. I saw my friends on a table laughing but then Sana wasn't there. From the teachers who were practically wasted on their seats to the people who were eating e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter