Heartbreak Girl

A Playlist For You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You call me up,

It's like a broken record

Saying that your heart hurts

That you never get over him getting over you,

And you end up crying

And I end up lying,

'Cause I'm just a er for anything that you do

And when the phone call finally ends,

You say, "Thanks for being a friend, "

And we're going in circles again and again..."

♪ ♫ ♪

It has been a week since the mini acquaintance party happened. Everything went back to normal and the loads of works that were needed to be done and to be passed this week only added pressure and stress to us and made us fall into zombie-like state for the nth time. My friends were all cramming but I, for instance, had already finished every work that is needed to be submitted this week since I knew procrastinating wouldn't do me any good. I was never a big fan of procrastination that's why I get done on time and maybe because I hate stressing out.

Anyway, it's Wednesday, and it means it's going to be a long day. I hate Wednesdays because I feel like it's the longest day of the week. And maybe because I still have a class until 4:30 in the afternoon. Ugh, I hate Wednesdays. 

It's lunch time so I went looking for my friends in the cafeteria, only to find out that they're all probably cramming in the library, trying to get done. I texted almost everyone in our group of friends yet I didn't get a response, not even from Chaeyoung. Well, I guess I have to eat alone and succumb myself in complete loneliness. 

But then, when I was looking around the cafeteria for an empty seat, I bumped into someone. Someone I should be avoiding since the mini acquaintance party happened. 

"Tzuyu, hey. I was looking for you and here you are," Sana beamed at me. "I got your text and I would like to join you since I'm also hungry... if it's okay to you?"

Oh, crap. I forgot that I sent it as a group message. 

I almost let out a sigh but stopped midway since I didn't want to embarass myself. Not in front of her. Never. 

Instead, I smiled back to her as if it's the first time we met. I smiled to her as if it's the first time I fell in love with her.

"Of course, your presence is very much appreciated," I said, as I gestured her to where the empty table at the corner of the cafeteria was. "You know, I was about to succumb in loneliness... anyway, thank you."

She giggled and ruffled my hair as if I was a kid. I couldn't help but smile. Though this time it was a genuine smile. 

As we took our seat, I heard her phone buzzed for like six times inside the pocket of her jeans. She ignored it and continued in rummaging through her backpack. She brought out her packed lunch which was tteokbokki and kimchi. She ate her lunch quietly as she took a sip from her water jug. I noticed something off from her behaviour but decided to ignore it since she probably just want to eat her lunch and didn't want to be disturb. So we went on eating our lunch in silence when her phone started ringing, which meant someone was calling. At first ring, I decided to pretend I was just too busy eating and minding my own business. But the next few rings started to annoy me so I glanced up to her and saw her still quietly eating her lunch, obviously ignoring the call. 

"Aren't you going to answer it? Not even want to check it? It could be something important," I said, hoping I didn't appear annoyed. 

She shook her head and pulled out her phone. I was a bit taken aback when she didn't check who was calling her. She pushed the power button off and continued eating like there's nothing going on. I just looked at her in disbelief while she has her head down. I wanted to ask her if there is something going on and/or if she's okay or not but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't want to appear annoying and I wanted to respect her by minding my own business. But then I also felt bad because what kind of friend who does that, right? I should be comforting her or just simply make her talk her feelings out to me in order to help her in whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter