Break on Me

A Playlist For You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There'll be days your heart don't wanna beat

You pray more than you breathe

And you just wanna fall to pieces

And nights, those 2 AM calls

Where dreams become walls

And you just need a break

Break on me"

♪ ♫ ♪

"I miss you too, Mom and Dad." 

"We're sorry for not calling these past few weeks. Work has been crazy. Just always remember that we're just one call away," Dad said. 

"And sweetie, no matter what happens, we're always here to support you. I love you. Please take care of yourself," Mom said, sadness can be heard in her voice. 

"Yeah. I'm sorry too. School's keeping me busy. I love you too," I felt my eyes water. "Okay, take care always. Bye," I said, voice cracking up. I fell to my knees and rested my back against the wall as the tears began to fall.

Mom and Dad just called me and it just struck me how much I miss them—how much I miss my life in Taiwan. I've had everything I could ask in life; a happy and complete family. I was also surrounded by supportive and caring friends. We may not be the richest family there but we have everything we need and sometimes it's just too much for us to handle. I'm not complaining though because I'm always thankful of what I used to have and what I have right now. When I told them that I wanted to moved in South Korea to pursue a music career, at first, they didn't like the idea of me being away from them or of pursuing a music career since we're a family of businessman and businesswomen. They even tried to convince me a few times that there are a lot of music school in Taiwan where I could start and fulfill my dream as a music artist. But I didn't like that idea either that's why I did everything to make them say yes and in the end, they did. If it was hard and painful for them, so did I. But the thing I love about them is that even if it pains them to not to see me everyday, they do everything to show their support to me. They know too that there are a lot of opportunities for me here in South Korea. And even if they have a career ahead for me, which is a business career, they didn't force me to pursue it since they believe that it won't work out for me so they decided to just let me be and I couldn't be more thankful for that. 

Though I miss everyone and everything that I've left in Taiwan, I never and I will never regret being here because this is what I wanted in the first place—to be able to stand on my own feet with the little help of the people that I love and care. Although my life is different than from before when I was in Taiwan, I've learned to love South Korea. I've made great friends and connections even I'm just me being me; cold and could be really an if not stopped. 

"I will hate people who hate my fandom. That's my principle in life," said Nayeon as she slammed her tray on the table. I let out a short laugh. 

"I hate you too," Jeongyeon scoffed, rolling her eyes. 

I present to you, Jeongyeon and Nayeon, the tom and jerry of the group. It's an unusual day if you won't hear or see the two of them bickering at each other over nonsense or little things. They're both of our unnies but they act like the maknaes and I swear to heavens that sometimes me and Chaeyoung are more the mature ones. 

"Why are we even friends with them?" Chaeyoung crossed her arms on her chest as she scrunched her face in disbelief. 

"I don't know either," I replied, averting my gaze on a certain blonde girl who was busy on her phone. Her eyebrows were creased and I was certain she looked beyond pissed-off. I cleared my throat as I took a sip from my cola. 

Sana then stood up from her seat and slammed her hands on the table which attracted a lot of attention from the students inside the cafeteria. We stared at her in shock and she just let out a heavy sigh, bowing her head at the people to apologize from her sudden action. We didn't know what to say to her because we were also taken aback so she just excused herself and then she walked out stomping her feet. When Momo was about to stand up to follow her, Jihyo stopped her. 

"Just let her be. She needs some time alone," Jihyo said, who seemed to know what's going on with Sana. 

We just continued to eat our lunches and went back to talking but I didn't have the appetite anymore so I excused myself and told them I had to pee. As I was walking outside the cafeteria, I walked pass Mark with his head hung low. 

"Hey, Mark," I called, approaching him. He lifted his head and looked at me with wide eyes open. I was confused when he turned his body back on me and walked to where he passed before. 

"Mark!" 

"What is it, Tzuyu?!" He stopped walking and lazily turned his head at me. He looked pissed-off as well. I have a feeling that this has something to do with Sana. 

"I'm sorry but have you seen Sana?" I asked, keeping a straight face. He sighed and pointed his finger at the direction where the football field is located. I muttered thanks at him as he was about to say something. Sorry, Mark. Sana is my priority. 

I rushed outside of the school building, afternoon sunlight blinded me for a second as I scanned the bleachers only to see Sana sitting, hugging her folded knees on the far side of the bleachers. I stared at her from afar but she still looked pretty even her figure's so small from where I was standing. What is going on with you, Sana? I know we're not that closest of friends yet but somehow I consider you my close friend. After all, I care about you as a friend and I wouldn't mind listening to your problems. 

I slowly approached her and she still buried her head on her knees, failing to notice my presence. I heard light sobs as I took a seat beside her though we have this gap so that I wouldn't be invading her personal space that much. 

I just sat there, listening to her sobs while appreciating the wide football field and how the sunlight shone on us. When I felt her rose her head, she gasped. And I chuckled. In my peripheral view, she looked at me in confusion with tear stained on her cheeks. This time I had the courage to speak. 

"I just couldn't stand seeing you walk away and knowing that you're hurting. I couldn't stand sitting there waiting for you to come back and knowing that you won't. I told them I was going to pee but here I am sitting beside you—willing to comfort you. If you don't want to say anything about what's happening to you, then it's fine with me as long as you will let me be a good friend to you." 

She shook her head as I saw tears falling from her eyes so I sat closer to her and caressed her silky hair. It's odd how someone so broken can be so beautiful. 

"Unnie," I called. This time, I hugged her so tight that I could feel her heartbeat against mine. She was sobbing nonstop. While I was busy caressing her back and her hair. We stayed like that for awhile until she managed to stop. 

"Stop calling me unnie it makes me feel so old," she pouted, giving me a light punch on my arm. I laughed and she did too. 

"Feeling better?" I asked and she nodded. "Wanna go back?" 

"No. Let's... please just stay here with me even just for awhile," she pleaded, hugging her folded knees again. I nodded my head as I averted my gaze at the football field. "Why is it so easy to fall in love with someone and so hard to fall out of love with them? When I thought everything was falling into their places, that's when I realized I messed up big time," she rubbed her face like a lunatic. I grabbed her hand to stop her from doing that. 

"Hey, hey. Don't beat yourself up to it," I comforted her, still holding her hands. "I get where you're coming from—" 

"No, Tzuyu! You don't understand how it breaks my heart to love someone whom I thought I have a chance with. I thought he feels the same way too. But in the end... I realized that all he did was all just friendly acts—nothing much, while the whole goddamn time I thought he's into me too. I was blinded with my own false hopes. I'm such a ing loser!" She shouted, her voice echoed. She stood up as she screamed from the top of her lungs. 

"Shatter like glass

Come apart in my hands

Take as long as it takes, girl

Break on me

Put your head on my chest

Let me help you forget

When your heart needs to break

Just break on me"

I didn't stop her from doing that since she needed to let it all out. Meanwhile, I thought of what she just said to me. I realized that we're in the same place; just on different levels. 

I came up with a theory, based on what I have observed, Sana either had confessed her love to Mark who also confessed that he only treats her as a friend and that he likes someone else. Or, Mark also feels the same way and he's just not ready yet since he's still on the process of moving on from his past relationship. But based from my encounter a few moments ago with Mark, he's also sad and pissed-off which meant he's sad over the fact that he gave Sana false hopes and that he broke her heart and that their friendship that they had shared will never be the same. He might be pissed-off about the fact that he failed to notice that the blonde girl has fallen in love with him and, or, he's pissed that he couldn't do anything to make her feel better. But that's just my hypothesis. 

"I guess we're both on the same boat," I mumbled. "As weird as it sounds, I understand what you feel. At first I thought it was just a stupid crush that would eventually go away. But I was wrong. Each day, I find myself falling for this person. Honestly, I don't know what love is, even I have tried to search the meaning of it on the internet—still I have no answer. Though I'm still uncertain if this is love or something else... but yeah. I think... it's love. I'm in love." 

I just indirectly confessed my feelings for her. But of course! She doesn't know it's her! 

"But do you think he feels the same way too?" S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter