If Eyes Could Speak

A Playlist For You & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If eyes could speak

One look would say everything

About the way you smile

The way you laugh, the way you dress

The way your beauty leaves me breathless

If eyes could speak

I wouldn't have to talk"

♪ ♫ ♪

All my worries were nowhere to be found as the hot water touched my . I felt relief—I felt at peace even though millions of things were running on my mind. Though, the relief didn't last long as I remembered all of the school works that I haven't started yet. I haven't started my 2 pages essay on World War II for my history class, my music sheet, my 10-pages research paper, which is all about music and my interest in it, for my research class, my basic calculus homework, and my reaction paper for Romeo and Juliet in my literature class. Our p.e professor also wants us to start working for our dance choreography, which is our practical exam for his class, in our flash mob next month. Just to add up, the only club that I joined in school and the only club that I actually give a damn about, which is the band club, decided to perform a couple of songs for our Mini Acquaintance Party for Juniors and Seniors which is only two weeks away. It's not that I'm complaining, it's just that why did all go on the same month? October is indeed stressful. 

I'm not just stress about school, I'm also frustrated with my non-existent love life—with Sana. People perceive me as the kind of girl who is not into romance stuff but they don't know that I'm just any other humans—I want to love and to be loved. Isn't that the greatest thing in the world? Maybe it's not for me. Maybe this is why I got heartbroken because I haven't made a move yet. It's frustrating and killing my insides knowing that if I ever make a move, either Sana will never see our friendship the same way before or she'll look at me in disgust. I have no choice left so I chose to love her in silence. She seems happy with Mark too though he looks like he doesn't see Sana that way. If I was in Mark's shoes, I would go out my way to make Sana happy—I would love her as much as I can. But I couldn't do that since I am just me. I'm just a friend to her and she doesn't even know I'm feeling this way towards her. It's sickening. It's not right. And to think that there are millions of possibilities that me and Sana would be a thing someday, still, the world doesn't approve of same- relationship though I couldn't care less of what people think of me. But I know Sana. She cares too much about what other people think of her. She thinks too much about what they view her. She'd do everything to impress people. Sometimes I just want to tell her that she's already a great person and that she doesn't have to try. But I kept mum, because I'm afraid that she'd think I'm a freak or something. Though Sana is a kindhearted person, I still don't know what goes inside that head of hers. She's unpredictable as the weather. 


After a thirty-minute hot shower, I went out of the bathroom with my pajamas on. It's already past ten in the evening and I saw the two girls watching tv on my couch. I smiled knowing that they're comfortable here inside my apartment. I approached them, unable to notice my presence, they were so into whatever was playing on the television. I held my chuckle and planned an evil plan to scare them since the lights were out, the only light source was the television. 

I slowly and carefully made my way at the back of the couch to do what I have to do to scare the out of them. I screeched, sounding like a lunatic patient in an asylum. They screamed in horror like a banshee, destroying my eardrums, and jumped into each other's arms. I couldn't hold my laughter anymore that I literally rolled over the floor laughing at their reaction. Ah, this feels nice. It keeps me from stressing out.  

But my little happiness got shattered when the two scared girls launched themselves on me. This time I was the one who screamed, but in pain. I protected myself from covering my head with my arms. 

"You !" Mina threw light punches on my arms. "You should've not done that! Ugh!" 

"You tall !" Sana pinched my side, making me jolt, not in pain but because it tickled. I laughed at them and it only made things worse because Mina got up to attack me with the pillow. 

"Hey, Sana. You're in charge of tickling her while I kill her with this pillow," Mina demanded. The blonde girl chuckled and nodded. 

Lord, if you're there watching, please forgive me for the sins that I've committed and send help. 

"Ahhhhh! Please stop! I won't do it again! Please! Please!" I begged. I gave them my puppy eyes and my most adorable pout but I think failed because they looked at each other with mischievous grins on their faces. I managed to get up and tried to ran away from them but Sana grabbed my legs and started tickling me while Mina attacked me with the pillow. I began to tear up because of too much laughing caused by the tickling. 

"Yah! Y-Yah! Y-You guys n-need t-to s-s-stop! P-Please!" I stammered, trying to get out of Sana's grip. Sana was strong enough to get a hold of me. I closed my eyes to held the tears that were about to flow. I felt Sana's face near me, making me hot all of a sudden. 

"We will stop if you beg for our forgiveness and say you promise you won't do it again," Sana whispered to my ear, making my stomach flip. Her hot breathe still lingered on my skin that I couldn't think straight anymore. I bet my face was crimson red. 

"F-Forgive me! I-I won't do it a-again! P-Please stop!" 

The both of them stopped and I was mentally thanking God. Mina let out a very girly laugh while Sana laid beside me laughing, clutching her stomach. I turned my head at her to appreciate her beauty. Somehow, I felt happy that I could make her laugh. Her laugh is like music to my ears and no matter how cliché this might sound—all I can hear is her melodious laugh and nothing more. I wouldn't get tired of hearing it. 

"Yah! Why are you looking at me like that? You're planning something on that head of yours, aren't you?" Sana asked, shifting her body to face me. She raised her eyebrow at me. 

"Here we go again

Trying to pretend my hands are steady

The way she looks tonight isn't helping

Vision's getting blur, gotta calm my nerves

It's now or never

There's only one way to the answer

I know what to tell her

But the words won't come out"

"Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not planning anything right now." Actually, I was planning to kiss you but then again that would make things different. 

"Aish, these two. Get up and let's watch this show." 

We sat down on the couch. I was on the left side of the couch while Sana was on the right side which meant Mina was in the middle. Mina and Sana engrossed themselves on watching the show in the tv while I felt like sleeping already. 

"I don't like this show so I guess I'm off first. You two should sleep too," I said, getting from my seat and stretching out. 

"Tomorrow's Saturday so I wouldn't mind going to sleep late," Sana looked up, looking directly straight at me. "Aha! You really need to sleep. You look... done with life," Sana chuckled, turning her head at the tv again. Mina snickered and scoffed. 

"What is it, penguin?" I crossed my arms. She looked up and gave me a mocking face. 

"You actually look like you just came back from the Great Depression," Mina retorted, smirking. I glared at her. Sana could only chuckle so I glared at her too. 

"Aish, you know what? I'm going to sleep. Just make sure that when I wake up, I will no longer see the both of your faces or else I will beat up the both of you." 
 
Sana stood up from the couch and rushed towards me. She launched herself on me and gave me a warm tight hug. I was taken aback at first but I immediately, nonchalantly, hugged her back. She literally smelled like heaven. We could stay like this forever. If she only knew how much she means to me... 

"Aww, Chewy," letting go of my embrace. I frowned a bit because I already missed her body against me and her arms around me. But before I went to my bedroom, she kissed my cheek and rushed back to the couch beside Mina. "Goodnight!" 

"Goodnight, Yoda!" Mina yelled, still focusing on the tv. 

"G-Goodnight," I stuttered, turning my back from them. "By the way, the spare room is a bit dusty and—" 

"We'll be fine! Now go!" 

"Alright. Goodnight. Don't sleep late, okay?" I popped my head out of my bedroom and they only nodded because they're both engrossed with what they're watching. I chuckled and close my door. 

Now, I don't feel sleepy at all. I touched my cheek where Sana had kissed. I could still feel her soft lips on my cheek and I swear to heavens that I felt my temperature rise up at the moment. When she kissed my cheek, I felt as though time slowed down and that everything around us got muted. And it was indeed very cliché. 

Ugh, why am I like this? I need to stop being like this and get some sleep so that I could start being productive tomorrow. I still have a lot to do and here I am, just thinking of how soft Sana's lips is. Ugh! I hate this! I hate myself! Why does she have to make me feel like this? Of all people, why Sana Minatozaki? Why is everything so hard? life! 

 

♪ ♫ ♪​​​​​​​

 

I woke up from the sound of my ringtone. I still wasn't on my senses and I had a trouble finding where my goddamn phone is. I was still half asleep and I didn't know where I left my phone last night and where I had put it but my ears weren't lying and I know someone is calling me. I let out a loud groan when I felt my body fell on the floor. Now, that awakened me! 

"What the fuc—Ugh! This morning already and I'm not even that up yet! ARGHHH!" I whined. My phone rang again so I looked for it and then I saw it lying under my pillow. Aish, why am I so messy these days? Chaeyoung's name was flashing on my phone screen. Why is she calling me at this hour? It's only six in the morning and she's already up? What the hell? Ugh! Fine! I'll answer you just because you're my best friend! But before I could greet her with my usual hello, I heard her yelling at me which caused me to jump. 

"Yah! Chou Tzuyu! Why aren't you answering my calls last night? I've called you like a hundred times! Where have you been? Did you go out last night? Where did you go? Did you get drunk... again? What the hell! You're still under aged! Why are you suc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter