Chapter 3

Love & Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 My ears pop as we land in California. Mom grabs her carry-on from the overhead compartment and passes me my guitar. We both keep our jumbled thought to ourselves. I stand and follow the crowd and exit the plane. 

  Aunt Yerin is waiting for us at baggage claim. She runs at mom and they hug forever. Everyone around us is staring, so I move away from them and wait for our suitcase to come down the chute and onto the turnstile. I don't want to talk about Jinyoung oppa, so I let them have a moment to themselves.

           "How are you doing, Eunha-ya?You hangin' in there?"

   I flinch at Aunt Yerin hand on my shoulder. " I'm good. " I grab my suitcase and she let's go. I don't miss the look she gives mom. 

  They worried about me. They can see through the fake smile I put for everyone who ask how I'm doing. I don't know why I pretend everything okays when clearly it's not. Jinyoung oppa is gone. How can everything be okay when he's not here. He was the only person in my life I could count on. 

 

The drive to Aunt Yerin house is quite. I study her and mom for a while. It's weird that they're even sister. They look nothing alike. They're so different.

   Aunt Yerin house is so beautiful, it's right across the street from the beach. I've always dreaming of living in a house like this. It's seems so peaceful, safe from whispers and gossip. Just what I need. 

         "You like it? " Aunt Yerin ask.     

       I meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter