Turtle , Bro

Bro

    "Hey, bro?"

 

    "Yeah?"

 

    "I saw my sister watching something yesterday."

 

    "Yeah? What's it about?"

 

    "I only saw the title but she was laughing so hard and I don't know why…"

 

    "Just ing tell me the title, dude."

 

    He fiddles his thumbs before pouting. "It was two turtles having …"

 

    …

 

    "Uh, Cheol, seriously? Turtles?" Jihoon all but slaps his palm against his forehead.

 

    "But aren't you curious?" Seungcheol continues.

 

    "Why, may I ask, would I be curious about two turtles ing?" Jihoon asks exasperatedly, voice getting louder getting the attention of a few of their classmates.

 

    Seungcheol just shrugs while kicking his feet on the floor. "I dunno… But she was laughing, okay? Really hard."

 

    Jihoon thinks about it for a few seconds before he closes the manhwa he was reading (Taebin was about to roll the dice, damn it). "Fine. But make it quick. I'm watching this for you, okay. I won't watch it if I were alone."

 

    Seungcheol practically squeals before stretching his palm out in front of Jihoon.

 

    The two just stares at each other for a few seconds.

 

    "… What?"

 

    "Give me your phone. Mine's at four percent and I can't risk using my data," Seungcheol says a matter of factly.

 

    Rolling his eyes, Jihoon mumbles a "fine" and not a beat later and he finds Seungcheol standing from the chair in front of him as he leans forward and pats Jihoon's pockets before pulling his phone out from the right jean pocket.

 

    Seungcheol scoots the vacant chair on Jihoon's right closer to the younger and he sits on it. He taps for a few moments before he finally finds the video on Youtube.

 

    'Turtle '

 

    "Are we really gonna watch this?" Jihoon says while putting an earbud on.

 

    "Uh, duh."

 

    And without warning, Seungcheol plays the video, the two now staring intently at the phone.

 

    They watch as the turtle slowly climbs up the female turtle. It was all good until they hear the sound of shells hitting against each other. But it wasn't what made them laugh, it was the fact that the male turtle kept making shrill sounds compared to the female turtle who just lay on the ground, emotionless.

 

    "Oh my God!" Seungcheol laughs while repeatedly slapping his thigh. His hand holding the phone now shaking violently.

 

    "I can't-!" Jihoon laughs along as the turtle had his mouth open quietly when another loud scream leaves him unexpectedly.

 

    "God," Seungcheol groans in between his laughs, "when will they stop."

 

    The two continues laughing despite the video nearing its end. The phone now conveniently placed on Jihoon's desk as they scooted close to each other to watch the screen.

 

    "Hey, what're you guys laughing at? Let me joi-"

 

    Hearing Seokmin's gleeful voice, the two instantly stops laughing and as if they thought of it beforehand, they lean forward, folding their arms on the desk, their heads facing down as they both covered the phone still playing the turtles ing. Their bodies slowly trembling with laughter once again.

 

    Sensing that they didn't want him to see the video, Seokmin just shrugs before leaving to find Seungkwan.

 

    The video finally ends. The two trying to regain their breaths.

 

    Their elbows nudging against each other, heads pressed together as they giggled. Seungcheol moves his head slightly to the side to peek at Jihoon.

 

    "That was weird."

 

    Jihoon does the same and smiles at him. "Why was your sister even watching that?"

 

    "I don't kn-"

 

Seungcheol gets cut short when the two of them get hit by rolled test papers on their heads.

 

    "Stop what you're doing and get ready for class," their professor scolds, "and Choi. Get back to your seat."

 

    Seungcheol walks to his seat at the back, laughter still bubbling within him when he sees Jihoon looking back at him, hands forming the shape of a turtle's shell before he points to his lips in mock imitation of the turtle screaming.

 

    They get scolded again.