Happy New Year, Bro

Bro

    It was still ten o' clock but Jihoon could already hear the fire crackers outside as his neighbors practically lighted their asses of in celebration of New Years Day.

 

    He was in his room, just lying on his bed as he heard the clanging of pans downstairs, his mum preparing their food for the occasion.

 

    Despite the noise outside, Jihoon actually feels drowsiness come to him when a heavy weight flops on his body, instantly waking him up.

 

    Instantly smiling, Jihoon hugs him towards his chest. "You're so cute, Scoops."

 

    Only smiling further when the dog in his arms barks happily at him, tail wagging furiously.

 

    Out of all the gifts he received from his parents in his seventeen years of existence, this has been their best so far. Right after Christmas day, Jihoon came back home to his house and sees the bundle of happiness barking at his face followed by his parents greeting him a belated merry Christmas.

 

    Jihoon and Scoops continue to play, having his face multiple times already as he had a hard time containing the husky's energy. His body too big for him as he got tackled countless of times.

 

    When it dawns on him that he still hasn't shown Scoops to Seungcheol. Yeah, sure he talked on the phone with Seungcheol about his dog but he never actually showed him

 

    Shoving the dog off him, Jihoon hurries to grab his phone and laptop in his cabinet before sitting back on his bed.

 

    Texting Seungcheol before he sets up his laptop.

 

    skype. ill show u my dog.

    10:41 p.m.

 

    Finally logging in, it doesn't take long before he sees Seungcheol's account online. He calls him immediately, tapping the video call option.

 

    Scoops in his right arm, not seen in the camera. He coughs lightly as he sees Seungcheol get on.

 

    Seeing that the elder's eyes was on him, Jihoon wriggles his eyebrows. "Let me see your little pet under the table and I'll show you mine, big boy."

 

    He hears a scoff before the elder rides with the flow. "Baby, I can't wait."

 

    The two of them obviously containing their laughs at how stupid they were right now.

 

    "Wanna show it together?"

    

    "On the count of three. One…"

 

    "Two…"

 

    "Three."

 

    Their screens now full of the faces of their dogs. Mingyu taking up Jihoon's screen; while, Scoops took up Seungcheol's.

 

    "Aww, you're dog is so cute, Ji!"

 

    "Mingyu looks so cute, too!"

 

    Jihoon watches as Seungcheol pops up, petting Mingyu's fur as he rubs his cheeks against the dog, a big smile on his face.

 

    "Yeah, as cute as his owner, am I right?" 

 

    Face contorting into disgust, Jihoon fakes vomits. "I take it bad. Your dog isn't cute," he only hears a laugh before deciding to change the topic, "I still don't get why you named your dog after our classmate."

 

    Only cupping Mingyu's cheeks, he smiles at him before speaking as if he were talking to a child as he faced his pet. "'Cause you're just like Mingyu, aren't you. You nasty pooping pile of fur," the dog only lolling his tongue out as he barks and pants happily, unaware of his owner saying crude things at him. "See? He even looks happy even if I talk about him," he says whole shaking his face. Mingyu only barks louder before his face.

 

    Jihoon nods while laughing, "I see the resemblance."

 

    Seungcheol nods along. When it suddenly turns quiet, and the elder tries to change the atmosphere.

 

    "Hey, Ji."

 

    "Yeah?"

 

    "D'you have... like... a wish? Or, like, a New Year's resolution or something?"

 

    "Me? I guess, yeah," he shrugs.

 

    "What's it about?"

 

    "That I'll stop hanging out with bad influences this year so get your ready to find a new friend. I'm dropping you."

 

    Seungcheol gasps dramatically, ignoring Mingyu's loud bark from his sound. "How dare you! Are you breaking up with me?"

 

    "Yeah. This house is too cramped up with that lazy fat of yours. Scoops will keep me company forever while you're gone."

 

    Seungcheol only continues pouting while rubbing his cheek against Mingyu's head. "You're so mean to me, Jihoonie."

 

    "Uh huh, don't really care. You can't live without me," he sticks his tongue out.

 

    "Yeah," the elder laughs, "I really can't."

 

    Jihoon was just about to start a new conversation when he hears a voice behind his door. "Hey, Jihoon, get down, we're about to start the fireworks."

 

    Sighing, he looks at the clock and sees that it was already half past eleven, 2017 already a few minutes away.

 

    "Coming, ma!" The footsteps retreat.

 

    "That's not the only thing coming today, baby," Seungcheol smirks sleazily as he wriggles his eyebrows.

 

    "I can't believe you, Cheol. Anyway, gotta leave. I gotta get the free food downstairs."

 

    "Aww, I wanted to talk more with you. We won't get to see each other again till classes starts," Seungcheol pouts.

 

    "Yeah, well life , Cheol. Now quit it, I really gotta go. My parents might let the neighbors in and I do not want my spring rolls gone. I gotta fatten up for hibernation." He mumbles while fixing his shirt, rummaging around his stuff in case he has to take something downstairs.

 

    "You'll forever be a , Ji."

 

    "You're ."

 

    "Uh huh. Just leave," the elder laughs. "Happy New Year, Ji."

 

    Jihoon stops moving aimlessly as he stares straight into the camera, a smile gracing his lips. "Happy New Year to you, too, Cheol."

 

    "Okay, now go down and eat your rolls, you ."

 

    "I will. Hope you starve there."

 

    "I won't 'cause I'll be full with your love."

 

    "Can't believe you. I'm hanging up."

 

    Call ended.