You Mad, Bro?

Bro

    It was a little after two in the afternoon when Jihoon wakes up from his nap, his phone ringing beside him.

 

    "Mm… what?" He croaks groggily as he rolls to his side, hugging a pillow while wrapping it with his folded legs.

 

    "You slept? Sorry for waking you up. The schedule's up and I ing hate it. Come on, look at your portal and cry with me," he hears Seungcheol's frustrated voice in the other line.

 

    Heaving out a loud sigh, Jihoon doesn't even try to open his still shut eyes. "Do I really have to? I can do it later by myself?"

 

    Seungcheol clicks his tongue, the sound loud in his ears. "Nope. Come on. Get up or I'll tell your mum about all the weird you watch."

 

    "You watched it with me, I can tell that to your mum, too, so what's your point?" Jihoon feels a faint smile gracing his lips.

 

    "… Oh right… just look at your god damn account, Ji. Please?"

 

    Now laughing, amused at the pleading voice of the elder, Jihoon scoots closer to the edge of his bed to reach for his laptop under the bed—good thing he was too lazy to put it back last nigh—and places it on his stomach as he still stayed in his position lying down on his back.

 

    "You in?"

 

    "Just wait, okay? It's hard to type with one hand."

 

    "I can do that easily when I fap to some stranger in Omegle," Jihoon ignored what Seungcheol said, "just put me on speaker, dude."

 

    "… Oh, right."

 

    It doesn't take long before Jihoon finally gets to log in on his account in the school portal. He waits for a few seconds after clicking the button for the schedule and lets out a loud groan.

 

    "Hate it, too, huh? I told you it's ty."

 

    "Why the do I have to be up at seven during Tuesdays?"

 

    "I know ri-wait. What? You have that?"

 

    "Well… yeah. We're classmates, how can you not have it too? Maybe the site messed up?" Jihoon says as he refreshes his browser.

 

    It takes a second or two of silence before Seungcheol speaks again. "Wait. I just refreshed mine. Says here that I'm on sixth floor room 808."

 

    Eyes widening, Jihoon his lips. "Um… Cheol…"

 

    "Yeah?"

 

    "I'm on sixth floor room 800," Jihoon stops for a second before opening a new tab to message the president of the class, "wait, I'm gonna ask Kyuhyun, okay?"

 

    He hears a soft hum from Seungcheol. The both of them waiting silently as Jihoon gets a reply from the president. He finally asks if something was wrong and it doesn't take long before he gets the answer.

 

    Not even bothering to cover the frustrated whine leaving him, Jihoon shuts his laptop and grabs his phone, turning off the speaker.

 

    "Why? You finally know why?"

 

    "Some students changed sections. We got reshuffled."

 

    For a few moments, Jihoon could only hear Seungcheol's breathing on the other line.

 

    "."

 

    "Yeah, ."

 

    "… I can't live like that!"

 

    "Hurts but that's the school's decision, Cheol." Jihoon shuts his eyes while scrunching his nose irritatedly. the school.

 

    "We're not gonna be classmates anymore for this semester, Ji. This year is so ty already and it's still only the fourth of January, what in actual .I don't even know anyone in our class much less in another. And seriously? Why don't you even sound like you care?" Seungcheol practically spits, voice getting louder.

 

    "Why are you getting mad at me? And it's just school, Cheol. We'll still meet before and after if we can and we can meet up during weekends. Stop acting like that."

 

    "Stop acting like what?" The man's voice laced with heat.

 

    "Like we're dating, okay?"

 

    Jihoon says those words, trying to ease up the situation knowing that it was their inside joke but Seungcheol still stays quiet a second too long.

 

    "Just," he heaves out a shaky breath at the sudden awkwardness as he tries to alleviate the sudden thick air between them, "let's try to make friends, yeah? But… but not too close," he chuckles weakly, hearing a similar one on the other line, "as cheesy as this sounds, best friends forever, bro."

 

    A weak laugh fills his ears, the speaker so close to his ear that he could distinguish the soft breathing of the elder as if he were just beside him.

 

    "Yeah, BFFs, bro."