Merry Christmas, Bro

Bro

    It was finally their awaited break of the year.

 

    "Hey, Ji."

 

    "Yeah?"

 

    "Did you get me any present this year?"

 

    The guy only snickers and he watches curiously as Jihoon leans down to untie his shoelaces. He removes the laces out of his shoe and ties it around his wrist (Seungcheol had to help him since it was too hard).

 

    The shoelace now tied in a perfect bow on his wrist, Jihoon spreads his arms wide open.

 

    "I'm the Christmas present, bro."

 

    It takes a minute before Seungcheol takes everything in, not even realizing that Jihoon was already a blushing mess despite his straight face on.

 

    Jihoon was expecting Seungcheol to go all dramatic and puke-worthily-fluffy but the elder only laughs. Hard.

 

    It only makes him go red more and he only scoots his legs up the sofa more and kicks Seungcheol's chest. The elder now whimpering in pain in between his laughs.

 

    "Sorry… Sorry… Never thought I'd hear you say that."

 

    Jihoon only huffs at him. "Jokes aside, I bought a new game we could play."

 

    Seungcheol instantly forgets about his teasing after hearing that it was a game.

 

    "Sweet. I got you a keyboard… Since you wanted to get one so bad," he smiles while scratching his cheek awkwardly.

 

    Jihoon's eyes grow wide. "No way."

 

    He only chuckles. "Yes way. It's in my room. You can get it later when you go home."

 

    "I plan on sleeping in."

 

    "… Parents out again?"

 

    Jihoon only looks at him, a forced smile leaving him as he shakes his head.

 

    Seungcheol's face grows softer as he tackles the younger. His arms wrapped around Jihoon's body, upper body practically splayed on Jihoon's lap, his legs an awkward knot on the couch, his protruding upward. It was an uncomfortable position.

 

    "Don't worry, Ji. You can spend Christmas with us!"

 

    Jihoon only laughs. "Yeah. Thanks, Cheol."

 

    Seungcheol only nods frantically like a dog before he positions himself properly on Jihoon's lap.

 

    The two just stay like that for a few more minutes. The only thing they could hear was the distant chatter of people outside, the shoveling of snow, and the soft bass playing upstairs.

 

    It was moments later when Jihoon's legs start to feel dead. He pats Seungcheol's head.

 

    "Hey, let's go to your room. Let's try it."

 

    Seungcheol's eyes light up, enthusiastically screaming sure as he practically dragged Jihoon along with him as they ran upstairs.

 

    In his room, Jihoon sits on his usual spot on Seungcheol's bed and waits for the elder to sit beside him with the controllers in hand. But it doesn't go as planned when he sees Seungcheol slowly discarding the many layers of clothes he has on.

 

    "… What are you doing?"

 

    "Stripping."

 

    "… Why are you stripping?"

 

    Seungcheol stops on his third jacket. "You said you wanted to try it out. Come on, undress, too."

 

    It doesn't take long before Jihoon gets what Seungcheol just meant. He feels himself heat up as he throws a pillow head on at Seungcheol's face.

 

    "I meant try the game I bought, you idiot!"

 

    Seungcheol stops in time before he starts undoing his polo. His face rapidly growing hot.

 

    "I didn't mean to, I swear!"

 

    The two practically screaming their heads off in awkwardness when the door busts open.

 

    "Shut up! I was trying to sleep!" Seungcheol's sister whines.

 

    The two quiets down and flinches when she slams the door shut.

 

    The two just sit on the bed before they finally start playing. Silence hanging over them as they played in peace.

 

    "This is a wild Christmas, bro."

 

    "I know, bro."

    

    "… Merry Christmas, Jihoon."

 

    "Ho ho ho to you, too, Seungcheol."

 

    ("I can't believe you just said that," Seungcheol laughs as he pauses the game.

 

    "Oh, shut up."

 

    They end up playing till midnight.)