Nuh Uh, Bro

Bro

    "Open your books. Hundred thirty-one. Answer numbers one to twenty of letter A," the teacher says, instructing the class of what they should do.

 

    Well the teacher, Seungcheol wants to sleep.

 

    And he does.

 

    So he folds his arms over his desk and places his head there.

 

    It's been a week since classes started, meaning, a week since he and Jihoon even got near to each other… okay he was exaggerating. Sure, the younger still went to his house to hang out and play games. Sure, they still went out to play down the arcade and eat random food. And sure, they still talked on the phone.

 

    But it was different in school.

 

    They didn't even have time to meet each other before class started or after it ended. They don't even get to meet during breaks given that Jihoon hated leaving the classroom. The man was such a spoil sport when it came to socializing—and by socializing, he meant walking down the corridor while saying excuse me to random people he passed by.

 

    And he has had enough.

 

    It was just before he falls deep into sleep when a plan bubbles up in him.

 

    And he was a hundred-ten percent that it would succeed.

 

 

    It was when the last subject finally finished. He packs his bag and walks towards Jihoon's classroom.

 

    He didn't even try to move stealthily because he knew that Jihoon was already out of the building, always the first one to leave class.

 

    Reaching the room, he spots a random student and talks to him.

 

    "Hey, uh… excuse me?"

 

    The person finally looks at him. "Oh, yeah? What is it?"

 

    "Do you know the name of the person beside Lee Jihoon?"

 

    "Oh. In the seats? He sits beside Chungjae right there," the guy points to the farthest seat on the left side of the room beside the windows. "But he hasn't been in class for a week now. Says he might come back next week because of his appendix. Do you have anything you want to say? I can pass it to him tomorrow."

 

    Shaking his head, Seungcheol smiles and says a no thanks and thank you.

 

    He whips his phone out and takes a picture of the class schedule posted outside the room and finally heads out, his work there done.

 

    His plan will be perfect.

 

 

 

    It was finally the next day and Seungcheol was beyond ecstatic, Jihoon had asked him why he sounded so giddy over the phone but he just shrugged it off by saying that he bought a new game—now he actually has to buy one just so he can show it—as he sat on his seat, the first subject starting.

 

    From his analyzation last night, the only time he could go unnoticed was if he went out on his fourth subject because it was just in time before Jihoon's most passive professor—compared to the others, I mean—starts teaching.

 

    So when he sees that he only has ten minutes left before the fourth subject class ends, he raises his hand and excuses himself to the restroom, the professor allowing him to do so.

 

    He sprints to the other side of the wall and breathes out before calming himself as he tries to walk as calmly and naturally as possible, also trying to peek at the windows and little glass panels on the doors.

 

    Seeing that the professor was still in there, Seungcheol dashes to the restroom at the end of the hall and just stands at the side, peeking as he waits for their class to end.

 

    It doesn't take long before the professor leaves the room. Thankfully, he heads to other side, making Seungcheol walk easily towards Jihoon's classroom.

 

    Without even waiting for anything, he opens the backdoor and casually walks in. Heading straight to the vacant seat just beside the seat parallel to the window at the far east corner.

 

    He sees how Jihoon has his head down, arms folded on his desk as he placed his head on it, probably not caring about the lesson as he slept all throughout the class.

 

    Chuckling, he holds the chair and scoots it closer to Jihoon's, moving the table right after, making it touch the younger's, making it look connected.

 

    He promptly sits down, ignoring the curious stares he got from the younger's classmates, and looks at Jihoon with a smile before copying him as well. His face now snuggled in his folded arms on his desk.

 

    The only difference was that he turned his neck to the right, making him see Jihoon. He scoots closer, his elbow touching the other's.

 

    Noticing that he was still fast asleep, Seungcheol pouts. He moves up from his position, chin now perched on his folded arms as he turned his body towards Jihoon, now fully staring at him.

 

    "Jihoon…" he starts whispering, "Lee Jihoon… Jihoonie… Ji… Ji Ji Ji Ji Baby Baby," he sings before chuckling by himself, finding his own joke funny, so he continues singing Gee like a stupid boy.

 

    But it apparently becomes hated by someone else when he feels an elbow harshly hitting his cheek.

 

    He was awake.

 

    He was just about to yelp in pain when the door bangs open, their professor walking in (technically, it was only Jihoon's professor but what's Jihoon's is his too... because he says so), starting his lecture instantly.

 

    Looking back at the man beside him, he sees Jihoon rubbing his eyes while pursing his lips irritatedly, smacking it from time to time. He finally blinks away his sleep before looking at him, to which he smiles back happily, then to the board.

 

    Then back at him.

 

    Then to the board.

 

    And if it weren't for the teacher in front, Seungcheol would have laughed so hard already at how Jihoon's eyes widened comically. His mouth opening and closing from his lack of words.

 

    He was having fun when  fingers grip on his ear and he finds himself dragged near the younger. Their chins hitting the desk, faces only a few inches apart that Seungcheol could feel every puff of Jihoon's breath against him.

 

    "What the are you doing here?" Jihoon whispers, practically hissing out his words.

 

Seungcheol only speaks the thought in his mind. "Your breath smells like burgers… my fave. Do you have any left?"

 

    Jihoon had the biggest urge to slap his forehead preferably with Seungcheol's forehead so the elder could feel the pain. That dumb.

 

    "What the-just... are you cutting?"

 

    Only smiling, Seungcheol shrugs, "I'm not cutting 'cause I'm sitting in on class, so, no. I'm not cutting."

 

    "It's cutting if you don't sit in on your class. You're in my class. So, yeah, you're cutting," he sneers.

 

    "Nuh uh."

 

    "Uh huh."

 

    "Nuh uh."

 

    "Uh h-stop it! We're like kids right now, you ," Jihoon slaps Seungcheol's cheek lightly.

 

    But it didn't fall on deaf ears when the professor asks, "what's going on back there?"

 

    Jihoon instantly sits tall and all but presses Seungcheol's face flat on the desk with his hand on his head. "Nothing, sir!"

 

    The class resumes and Jihoon heaves out a sigh. But Seungcheol makes him want to swallow it back. The elder had the decency to laugh at their situation right now, his head shaking against his hand, trembling with laughter.

 

    Jihoon tightens his grip, his fingertips digging into Seungcheol's scalp. "Shut up," he hisses through gritted teeth, not allowing Seungcheol to raise his head up, wary of him being seen my the teacher who probably remembered every face of his students.

 

    "Never pegged you to be the type, Ji. You don't have to pull my hair."

 

    "Am not!" He whispers quite loudly.

 

    "Are, too."

 

    "Am n-oh just it," Jihoon says as he leans back on his chair.

 

    It was a few more minutes after when it turns peaceful between the two of them. Jihoon actually manages to listen to the lecture while Seungcheol had his arm thrown over the younger's shoulder, twiddling his fingers into Jihoon's hair, playing with the soft, brown locks.

 

    He gets pinched from time to time but he ignores it, loving the feeling of his best-friend finally with him in class—as well as the feeling of how silky his hair was.

 

    But it was when Seungcheol gets too comfortable into his seat when next thing he knew, he was already dozing off. His head bobbing up and down, left and right as he slept.

 

    Jihoon notices a little late, only realizing that the man was asleep when the arm on his shoulder was growing heavier than it already was.

 

    Irritated at how useless Seungcheol was right now, Jihoon all but elbows Seungcheol in the stomach.

 

    Everything happens fast.

 

    First thing he knew, Seungcheol was dead like a log; next thing he knew, Seungcheol actually looked dead.

 

    The elder toppled over onto the floor, hands on his stomach as he grunted and hissed at the pain. Just about to scream and scold him, he refrains himself from doing so, not wanting to attract attention.

 

    But they already did.

 

    Eyes growing wide, Jihoon spots the professor looking at their direction.

 

    "Cheol, Cheol! Sit back here! The prof might c'mere!" Jihoon half-whispers half-screams desperately, only to look back and see his fear come to life.

 

    The man was walking slowly towards their direction, face unamused for having been cut off from the discussion.

 

    "Get here and look down!"

 

    What happened next made Jihoon want the gods to let him combust into flames and burn into ashes because he never knew how stupid his friend could be.

 

    Just when he thought that Seungcheol would go back up his seat—not really his though—he instantly finds fingers clawing on his shoes.

 

    Wide eyes looking down, Jihoon grunts loud enough for everyone to hear. "What are you doing there?"

 

    Seungcheol had his head down, busying his fingers on Jihoon's perfectly tied shoe laces. "Makes us nonchalant, y'know."

 

    "Stop being stupid, Cheol. The prof might see y-"

 

    A finger taps on his desk and his heart quickens. Looking up, Jihoon spots the professor just in front of them.

 

    "What seems to be the problem here?"

 

    "I… I uh… my laces were untied, sir. I'm very sorry," Jihoon mumbles out, mentally slapping himself at the ty excuse.

 

    "And you need someone else to tie it for you?"

 

    "Um… no, sir."

 

    "Then why is he here?" He looks down and taps Seungcheol's crouched figure, "sit back on your chair, boy."

 

    He sees the hesitation on Seungcheol's body, not wanting to show himself to the teacher but one more tap on his shoulder forces him to sit back on his (not so) chair.

 

    The two actually starts thinking that they've cleanly gotten away with their stint. Seungcheol baring a toothy smile at Jihoon while whispering "I told you so" many times; while, Jihoon just sat on his chair, hands still fidgety.

 

    And what he expected in the very back of his mind did happen.

 

    Half-step from walking back towards the board, the professor stills and looks back to their direction again. Eyes squinting behind glasses before his face dramatically contorts into rage.

 

    "Is that you, Choi Seungcheol? You're not supposed to be in this class! I expect you to be in the office after classes. Understood?" Seungcheol was forced to meep out a yes, "now go back to your classroom. Out!"

 

    Pout adoring his thick lips, Seungcheol slowly stands up and heads out.

    

    But not before looking one last time at Jihoon, arms stretched out in a hug to which the man ignored with a look of disgust.

 

    "Don't worry, my love. Our love will not wither from such a weak mishap. You and I shall go forth and continue proliferating our ardent ardor for each other. It is for I-"

 

    "Out!" The professor cuts him in a scream.

 

    Head the only thing peeking out the door before he leaves, Seungcheol making kissy faces towards Jihoon as he puckers his lips with matching sounds, making the younger cover his face down the desk while grunting.

 

    "Bye, cutie poo!"

 

TL;DR// (ㅂ3ㅂ)

I was in a slump (though I didn’t really reach a peak for me to go on a slump but whatever) hence me not posting anything because of my insecurities but don’t worry, I’m trying to work my way back because I now have a mindset of writing for my own happiness and not for the demons creeping in my mind every so often—which is the stats on my fics because I have a habit of comparing myself to others ;;;;—so yeah, I’ll stop doing that and just focus on my own petty ’ horrible works. I’m gonna post and write in my own pace from now on. I actually planned on permanently deactivating my AFF & AO3 account because of this but I