Chapter 21

This Thing called 'LOVE'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A-Aeri will be designing it?" - Jiyong questioned, thinking he heard it wrong

"I will be designing it? But I thought you just wanted a little help with it" - Aeri replied.

"Yeah, But I guess it's time we debut you as designer." - Mrs Park replied.

"But Omma - "

"Aeri you are gifted with this talent, I don't want you to waste it. You are going to do it!" - Mrs Park ordered with a stern expression.

Meanwhile Jiyong was zoned out, he was busy in his world of thoughts thinking about something that might change everything.

"Aumoni, I know it's not my place to tell this but what if...... what if Aeri and I become the model for this project?"

"But you and Kiko agreed to do this together!" - Mrs Park shot back making Aeri widen her eyes at the news, she immediately turned to look at Jiyong whose gaze were fixed at Mrs Park.

"I know, but I guess Aeri would be more suited for it." - Jiyong replied, hoping Mrs Park approves his suggestion.

"Jiyong you know it isn't professional to cloud your judgment with personal feelings,right?"

"Yes I know but Aoumoni - "

"Let Aeri decide." - Mrs Park interrupted the young man.

All eyes were now set on Aeri, Jiyong kept praying that Aeri would agree to the offer while Mrs Park had a poker face on.

"I..... Ummm.......I won't do it." - Aeri gave a firm reply after weighing down all the pros and cons of the situation.

"Why?" - Jiyong immediately questioned, baffled by her reply.

"It's not the right time and Mother is right, I love designing  and I should be doing what I love, shouldn't I?" - Aeri questioned back looking straight into Jiyong's chocolate brown eye.

Jiyong knew there was no way he could change the girl's mind because of all the people out there, he knew how satisfying it felt to do something you love. He knew how addicting it was to have a drive to do something you love. He had tasted that addiction and it was pure bliss.

Jiyong took a deep breath before replying Aeri.

"Yes." - he exhaled deeply, coming in terms with the reality.

"So we don't have any more confusions now, do we? Aeri will be designing and Jiyong and Kiko will be the models." - Mrs Park announced and both of them agreed. 

"Aeri your work starts from tomorrow, you have 10 days to create a piece which has to be featured in this month's special edition. Jiyong, I'll call and let you know when you are supposed to come. Now off you both go, I'm busy with many things." - Mrs Park pointed towards the door.

As the pair started to walk towards the door Mrs Park called them again.

"Jiyong, I don't want Kiko to know about anything that happened inside this room. I can't handle any drama's in my workplace. So you better sort things out." - Mrs Park advised, having a hunch that things would go down the road if Kiko came to know about Jiyong choosing Aeri over her.

"Yes Ma'am!" - Jiyong cheekily grinned causing Mrs Park to break a smile.

He held the door open for Aeri and quietly followed her out.

 

 

"Thankyou." - Aeri said before turning away and walking, not knowing herself what she was thank full for.

Jiyong quickly took the chance to apologize to her by holding onto her hand, stopping her in her movements.

"Hey listen, I'm sorry." - Jiyong bowed his headed and mumbled the apology to Aeri, her back still facing him. The past few weeks were nothing but pure torture for the both of them because of their childishness to come in term with their own feelings

 

"For what?" - Aeri slowly turned back to face the skinny man and asked, even though deep down she knew the answer to it.

"For acting like a jerk " - Jiyong gave an honest reply taking Aeri by surprise - " I shouldn't have given you a hard time."

Aeri just stood there dumbfounded, she didn't think it would be so easy to get an apology from the pop star. After all he was 'THE G-DRAGON', the mighty and charming prince of the k-pop industry. She was quickly pulled out of her train of thoughts when she felt Jiyong tighten his grip on her hand.

"I'm sorry" - Jiyong whispered directly looking on Aeri's hazel orbs making it the most sincere apology Aeri ever heard in her entire life. 

"I'm sorry too." - Aeri replied back with slight embarrassment, her eyes finding it hard to maintain contact with Jiyong's.

"Pfftttt hahahaha" - Jiyong broke into a fit of laughter at Aeri's reaction. That laugh was so contagious that even Aeri couldn't resist but laugh. After several days of tense and gloomy atmosphere, there was finally a glimpse of happiness seen on their faces.

"Yah! You aren't supposed to laugh when someone apologizes to you!" - Aeri retorted by lightly hitting Jiyong's arm.

"Yah! You aren't supposed to hit people!" - Jiyong  mimicked Aeri causing her to roll her eyes, her laughter slowly dying down.

"How dare you make fun of me. You Aajushi!" - Aeri teased, causing Jiyong's laughter to now die down.

Jiyong took slow steps towards Aeri causing her instantly regret her choice of words.

"Did you just call me 'Aajushi'?"

"I.... no....maybe..." - Aeri stuttered, slowly moving away from Jiyong, racking her brain for ideas which would help her get out of the this situation.

"You... You never told me Kiko and you were going out!" - Aeri blurted out the first thing that came into her mind making Jiyong stop on his tracks a smirk evident on his face.

"Why?" - Jiyong questioned with a sly grin.

"I thought we were goods friends who could share things with each other." - Aeri tried to give a smart reply.

"Well I believed so too, until you left me all by myself after I confessed to you." 

Jiyong's reply made Aeri instantly regret her smart reply, the events of that day were a huge embarrassment to her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter