Ma City

We Meet Again

I'm so happy to have two new subscribers, MJMSalazar and sungyounji, thank you so much :D

So sorry, I could have updated this chapter hours ago but my internet got disconnected so it wasn't saved :( 

Anyway, it's finally up now! Feel free to comment, I really enjoy hearing from all of you:)


I decided to include the live performance of Ma City because this is one of my favourites XD


Ch 5. Ma City

Jungkook

 

It was peaceful when I woke up. I stared at the ceiling of my own room.

 

There were no traces that my hyungs were around. No loud screams from Hoseok hyung, nothing broken on the floor caused by Namjoon hyung and no strange mono dialogue by Tae hyung.

 

I chuckled thinking about them. I love my hyungs and they have always made dorm life really fun but I can’t deny that I needed to have some time alone. I finally got a good rest. 

 

I rubbed my eyes looking around. I stared out of my window to see Yeo Jin’s room empty, her bed neatly made. 

She must have went to school. I thought.

 


 

I walked lazily down the stairs of my home to find my mum cooking breakfast in the kitchen. The smell of pancakes filled the room.

 

On the table was a stack of freshly made pancakes. How I missed home cooked food. I think it was no secret, even among ARMYs, how much I loved food with flour. 

 

I sat down on the kitchen table, still half asleep waiting for my mum and dad to join me for breakfast. 

 

“Hello Dear, did you have a good night's sleep?” my mum asked.

 

“Yes I did Mum. Where's Dad?” while stretching.

 

“Your dad had to go to work early today.” my mum explained.

 

I sighed in disappointment. I haven’t seen my dad since I lived in Seoul. My dad has always been so busy, I hoped that I was able to see him again now that I am back in Busan but it seems like I might not have a chance.

 

“Anyway, do you have plans today?” my mum asked, probably trying to lighten up my mood.

 

“No, why?” I asked curiously.

 

“Well Yeo Jin's mum invited us for dinner tonight. You remember Yeo Jin right?” 

 

I looked at my mum for a moment. Surprised and happy to hear the news. 

 

“Yes!” I said, my lips curved into a smile. 

 

My mum knew we were close when we were young. However, it has been a long time since I’ve spent time with Yeo Jin. 

 

“Okay, I’ll tell her that you’ll be coming.” she said gleefully.

 


 

My mum had to go off for work, leaving me alone in the house alone. I decided to make myself useful by helping my mum with house chores.

 

I felt quite guilty that I had to leave home from quite a young age and couldn’t come to visit them. Nonetheless, living away from home did make me realise that I have taken their love for granted.

 

I rarely get a chance to tell them how much I appreciate their support for me. So I’ll try to be a filial son when I can. 

 

I tried cleaning the house and doing the laundry. I have definitely picked up a lot skills from the hyungs when it comes to doing house chores. I opened the fridge to find that we were running low on food.

 

I took a quick shower, grabbed my bag and wallet and headed for the supermarket. 

 

On the way, I thought it would be a nice gesture to bring something for us to eat together considering I am going to meet Yeo Jin after a very long time.

 

I scrolled down my phone to find the recipe for Kimchi Stew from Jin Hyung. I grabbed the shopping trolley and bought the ingredients and food supplies for home. 

 

“500 grams of baby octopus please.” I asked the person in charge of seafood. 

 

While waiting for the person to prepare the baby octopus I ordered, I heard a few whispers behind me.

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

“Do you think we should ask him?” I heard a few girls whispering to one another. 

 

I turned around to see what was the commotion about.

 

A girl shrieked. “I think it’s him.” she said.

 

I blinked a few times as some of the girls approached me.

 

“Excuse me, are you Jungkook from BTS?” one asked.

 

I was finally able to comprehend the situation and straighten myself to talk in front of ARMYs. 

 

“Yes, I am.” I said, beaming a smile at them.

 

People might think that I would be used to getting spotted by fans with BTS’ growing popularity. However, I am still pleasantly surprised that ARMYs recognised me without my group mates, especially in Busan where I grew up.

 

I loved meeting fans as they are the ones who helped us with our booming success in the first place.

 

“Are you having a fan meeting here in Busan?” one asked.

 

“No, we all are having a one week break so we can return to our home towns.” I explained.

 

“Oooh.” the girls nodded in unison.

 

“I love BTS songs.” a girl said while giggling.

 

“I hope you have a good break.” said another.

 

“Rest well, Jungkook-ssi” some said.

 

I took the octopus I ordered and waved goodbye to my adorable fans.

 


Authors note:

The Bangtan boys never seize to amaze me for their love for their parents. Some people would think that teenagers are ungrateful to their parents but I noticed that the boys have always thanked their parents whenever they won an award. I think that we too could learn from them by appreciating our parents :)

 

I wondered what I would do if I ever met BTS. I would like to think I would stay cool but I don’t think so XD

Have you ever met BTS or went to their concert? How was it like?