Coffee

We Meet Again

A huge thank you to ashleysimgahas, alieninvaders2, thdxofld and SeoulSweetheart for subscribing! <3


 

 

Ch 39. Coffee

Yeo Jin 

 

The assignments the professors gave were so tedious and time consuming. The girls and I decided to stay in campus to finish one of our projects. 

 

It was already midnight and I rushed home. 

 

I stared out the window and Jungkook’s room was empty. 

 

It has been 2 months since Jungkook left to go back to Seoul. 

 

I thought that I would be used to it by now. Yet, I still felt so empty without seeing him. I still couldn’t accept the fact that I might not see him for a long time. 

 

I my laptop and logged on into FaceTime. 

 

I looked forward to late nights because I could talk to him.

 

A smile carved on my face when I saw that he was online. I pressed the call button in the blink of an eye. 

 

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him. For a moment, I forgot the stress and exhaustion I felt in school. He was my energy booster.

 

“Hello!” I beamed as I waved at him.

 

He smiled and waved back. 

 

His room light was dark. The only source of light came from his laptop screen, but it was enough for me to see him. He had dark eye-bags yet he still looked really handsome. He was sitting on his bed, leaning his head on his bedrest. 

 

“How was your day?” I asked.

 

“Tiring yet rewarding. We recorded some of the songs for our new album.” he explained.

 

“Can I listen to part of it?” I said hopefully.

 

He chuckled. 

 

“I would love to but you know that I signed a contract to secrecy.” he pouted.

 

I giggled at his natural aegyo. He didn’t need to try to be cute. 

 

“I understand. I look forward to hear it though!” I said enthusiastically.

 

He smiled, showing his bunny teeth.

 

“How was your project?” he asked.

 

“I finished it!” I said excitedly. “But I bet the professors are going to throw another project at us soon.” I sighed.

 

Long distance relationships were difficult. I tried to not think about it, but I missed him. Sometimes all I wanted is a hug and the comfort to know that I had him to rely on. I didn’t know that I would be this needy. 

 

“Just take it one step at a time. Please don’t be too overwhelmed by it!” he advised.

 

I tried to hide my smile. Did he have to be so sweet?

 

“What are you doing tomorrow?” I asked.

 

“I’m going to continue recording the album in the morning and I have the rest of the day off.” he said happily.

 

I thought about what he said. An idea sparked in my head.

 

“Can I meet up you?’ I asked spontaneously.

 

“Tomorrow in Seoul?” he asked, a little shocked.

 

I didn’t have lessons tomorrow. On top of that, I’ve been working part-time in the campus’ cafe and managed to save up quite a sum. I could finally afford a short trip to Seoul. I knew that it was a little impulsive but I desperately wanted to see him.

 

“Yes, maybe we can have a little date somewhere.” I said, crossing my fingers that he would say yes.

 

“Alright! There’s this quiet coffee shop in town. I’m free at around 2pm. Perhaps we can go there and catch up?” he suggested.

 

Honestly, I didn’t care wherever we went as long as I could meet him.

 

“I would love that! I’ll meet you there at 2pm.” I said cheerfully.

 

We continued to talk for hours. I talked about school, my friends, anything worth sharing to him.

 

After a while, I realised that his Jungkook was nodding off. He looked really exhausted and I felt a little guilty for making him stay up so late. I just missed him and wanted to talk to him for as long as possible. But I wasn’t being fair for him. He must be both mentally and physically drained.

 

“Good night!” I whispered.

 

I disconnected the call and went to sleep.

 


 

I jumped out of bed the next morning. I was too excited to meet Jungkook. 

 

I packed my bag for a day’s trip to Seoul. 

 

“This stop, Seoul Station!” I heard the announcement on the train.

 

I smiled. Seoul was my dream city. It was my first time going there but I’ve done so much research about the place I think I would be familiar with the area.

 

I got off the train and bit my lip to contain my excitement.

 

The high rise buildings looked strong and mighty. Flyovers stretched from one end to another. The structures there looked so majestic I couldn’t help but to stop and admire them. 

 

Seoul was better than what I had imagined.

 

I had to remind myself that I was here to meet Jungkook.

 


 

I used my GPS to find the coffee house where I promised to meet him and I arrived there in no time.

 

I pushed the door open that let out a little jingle. The place was quaint and peaceful. Only two other people were there, sipping their coffee while they sat down and read a book. 

 

I looked out the window to see the bustling streets full of people speedily walking off to do their own business. How can they pass this place without giving it a second glance? They don’t know what they’re missing.

 

I opened my phone and sent a text to Jungkook to tell him I’ve reached. It was nearly 2pm, Jungkook should be here soon. 

 

I ordered two cups of Americanos for the both of us while I waited.

 

I took a sip of the Americano. It was already getting cold. 

 

I looked at my phone again to see that it was already 3.30pm. Jungkook still hasn’t replied to my text yet and he’s awfully late. But I tried to think optimistically. Maybe his phone died and something held him up. He should be on the way now.

 

The sun started to set and it was already getting dark. I have already emptied my cup of Americano and looked at Jungkook’s cup that was still full to the brim. I looked down, checking the time once again. It was 6pm and still no news from him. I tried to call Yoongi oppa’s phone but his phone was also busy.

 

Was Jungkook too busy and forgot that he was supposed to meet me?

 

I watched the two customers leave the shop at 9pm. One of the baristas working there came over to my side.

 

“Hey there, are you waiting for someone?” he asked.

 

Most likely he was wondering when I would leave.

 

“Yes, he should be here any moment. Sorry I know I’ve been here for too long.” I said politely.

 

He sat down in front of me.

 

“A pretty lady like yourself deserves better you know. He will only get you heartbroken.” he said. 

 

I frowned at him. I didn’t want to believe what he said.

 

“Sorry, but you don’t know him. I’m sure he will be here any moment now.” I said confidently.

 


 

I heard my phone vibrate and I almost screamed when I saw a text from Jungkook.

 

I’m really sorry I couldn’t be there, Yeo Jin. Sponsors came in from the US and they wanted to us to shoot an ad campaign for their Asian Collection clothing line. We’re having a photoshoot now and I’m still not done yet. It read. 

 

I read the text again and again. 

 

I tried hold my tears but I couldn’t. I felt hurt that he gave me the false impression that I could meet him, that he cared about his work more than me.

 

I knew he was busy but I thought that he wanted to make our relationship work. 

 

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. 

 

Stop being overly sensitive, Yeo Jin. It’s just bad timing that’s all. I told myself.

 

I understand that his work is really demanding. It’s not his fault. I should still be supportive.

 

It’s okay:) Take lots of good pictures and call me later after you’re done with everything! I replied to his text.

 

I locked the screen to my phone and took my bag.

 

The barista gave me some tissues and I wiped my tears. 

 

I walked out of the coffee house and took a train back to Busan.

 


Author's note

How do you think they should continue from here?