MAMA

We Meet Again

Thank you seohan_irish and Sanas0808 for subscribing, it really means a lot to me! <3

Heyy this is another update because I didn't update yesterday XD


This was the first time I read the lyrics for MAMA and I just realised how incredibly sweet it is!^^

 

 

Ch 32. MAMA

Jungkook

 

I dialled my dad’s phone number and sat anxiously.

 

I didn’t want to talk to him but I thought that it was best for him to know what I was going to do. I didn’t want to go behind his back on this. Despite the horrible things he has done, he was still my father.

 

I felt my heart racing as I heard the sound of the line ringing.

 

“Jungkook, your mother and I have been worried sick about you.” he immediately said in a rush.

 

I felt a sudden surge of guilt running through me. Did he still cared about me?

 

“I’m really sorry for what I have done. I… I deserved that punch.” he said.

 

I wanted to be angry at him, but I just couldn’t anymore. I was tired of being angry and scared.

 

I exhaled to think what I was going to say.

 

“Have you told mum about it?” I asked.

 

He sighed.

 

“Yes, I did. You should really see her. She misses you.” he said. 

 

I nodded.

 

“Okay, that’s all I wanted to hear.” I said. 

 


 

I stood outside my house all jittery. 

 

What if my mum was furious at me for punching my dad? 

What if she hated me for going missing without telling her anything?

 

I thought about the nightmares I’ve had for the past few days, at the image of my frail looking mother. 

 

What if she blamed me for everything that has happened?

 

I jogged in a circle to calm my nerves. 

 

I didn’t know how she would react but I needed to see her. I need to explain everything that has happened and apologise to her. She deserves that.

 

I bit my lip and pressed the door bell. 

 

My mum’s small face peeked through the curtains and looked out the window. Her eyes widened when she saw me. 

 

She unlocked the door quickly and opened the door widely.

 

She threw her arms out and held me in a huge hug.

 

“My dear, I’ve been really worried about you!” she exclaimed.

 

I closed my eyes as I felt her warmth. I felt as though my worries disappeared when I was in her arms. 

 

It didn’t matter that I was already an adult now, nor did it matter that I was much taller than her. She was my source of comfort and I felt like a kid once more. She was my home. 

 


 

“Mum, I’m so sorry for making you worried and for punching Dad. I… I shouldn’t have let my emotions get the better of me.” I said sincerely.

 

She looked down to the ground and tears started to form in her eyes.

 

I went to the living room and gave some tissues to her.

 

“Your dad came here two days ago and confessed to me about what had happened.” she began.

 

I looked at her in the eye and gave her a reassuring pat on the back.

 

“I should have seen it coming. He was gone for so long and we barely talk. It was also my fault for nagging him whenever he was back. I just didn’t want to drop the bomb on him because I was scared it will affect our family, especially you and you career.” she admitted.

 

“I guess I missed you and your brother. I missed taking care of you and when you two left I felt like I lost a huge purpose as a mother. I was insecure and lashed out all my emotions on your dad. No wonder he didn’t want to be around me.” she explained.

 

I shook my head. 

 

“Mum, it wasn’t your fault.” I said.

 

“If I was patient with your dad and treated him well whenever he was back, maybe this wouldn’t have happened.” she murmured. 

 

“Please don’t blame yourself for this. This was my fault too.” I told her.

 

She looked at me and placed a hand on my cheek.

 

“No Dear, you’ve been a blessing to your dad and I. The day he came here a few days ago was the first time we didn’t fight in years. We were both really worried about you. I’m glad you came back.” she said, beaming a smile at me.

 

I stared at her.

 

“But what about Dad? I saw him with some other woman.” I said honestly.

 

She nodded her head.

 

“Yes, I was disappointed but what can I say? She makes him happy and that’s all I want for him.” she said.

 

“So you’re going to let him off for this?” I asked.

 

“We agreed for a divorce. I thought that was the best solution considering there’s a child involved. That is if you’re okay with it.” she explained.

 

I expected her to be angry like in my dream. But no, she was so calm for what is going on. It made me think that she has already accepted this since a long time ago.

 

“I’ll support whatever decision you and dad made as long as you are happy.” I told her.

 

She pat my cheek.

 

“I’m really glad that you understand. Don’t worry about us, Jungkook, we can take care of ourselves. I just don’t want any of our problems to affect you. I’m really sorry that you had to find out this way.” she said in concern. 

 

I smiled. I’m truly grateful how parents will go out of their way and think about their children before themselves.

 

“I suggest you talk to your company and group mates as well. They’ve been equally worried about you that I wonder if they were your parents.” she laughed.

 

I chuckled along.

 

“I will. I’m just glad that you’re okay.”

 


Author's note:

Mother and son bonding time <3

How can anyone be mad at Jungkook?