Fun Boys

We Meet Again

Hello there, lalkookie, chealse123 and juliataex! Thank you for subscribing:)

And thank you pham_vivian for the upvote! :D

It reallyyy means a lot to me!^^


Fun boys is best live~

Ch 13. Fun Boys

Jungkook

“Hyung, I’m thinking of doing something crazy.” I said on the phone to Jimin hyung.

I must admit life in Busan is not as interesting as it was in Seoul.

I missed being in the spotlight, performing in front of my fans.

 

“What are you thinking of doing?” Jimin asked.

 

“Do you think the fans would recognise me if I disguised myself and put on a street performance?” I asked him curiously.

 

“Maknae, they could guess you were in ‘King of Masked Singer’ by a one second clip by the way you hold the mic. My bet is yes, they will recognise you.” he reminded me.

 

I pouted. That was true. 

I was really surprised that ARMYs found out before I revealed my identity on King of Masked Singer. They have really outdone themselves that time. 

 

But this time was different. There were many street performers around. I doubt they would expect me to be the one performing.

 

“There’s practically thousands of people in Busan. It’s worth trying.” I argued.

 

I’ve always liked the idea of performing in front of people that don’t know my identity. It was interesting to see how the crowd reacts without knowing who I am. Only then, I could receive honest feedback from them which can help me grow as a singer.

 

“Hyung, do you want to join me? You can dance.” I suggested.

 


 

I searched through my wardrobe to find a full body teddy bear costume I once used for Halloween 5 years ago.

 

I tried it on and sighed in relief that it still fits me. 

 

I walked down the stairs, one hand holding the giant bear head and another hand holding a bag with an amplifier and microphone. 

 

I thought again whether I was doing something stupid or not. But this doesn’t harm anyone so why not entertain a few strangers?

 

I laughed at my impulsive decision and put on the bear head as I headed out of my house. 

 


 

I got a few strange looks as I headed for the main streets of Busan. A giant teddy bear roaming around is definitely able to turn a few heads.

 

I found a nice place spacious enough to perform. It was a busy street with many people, enough to be a good audience, I thought.

 

I set up the microphone and amplifier, checking if the sound system works. I waved at few people and took a few photos with strangers passing by as I waited for Jimin hyung. 

 

I laughed when I saw a walking skeleton approaching me. For a full body suit, I thought Jimin chose the right one considering he was going to dance. If he wore a costume like mine, my guess was he would end up rolling around on the ground. 

 

Jimin hyung slapped my back in amusement at my adorable costume. I could imagine him laughing so hard under that scary mask of his.

 

Let’s put on a great show. I thought. 

 


 

“Test, test.”

 

“Hello everyone! I am Mr Bear and this is Mr Skeleton and we are here to perform for you all.” I said to the mic. 

 

Many people were just passing by but a few people stopped out of curiousity.

 

“Right, Mr Bear here is going to sing a few songs for you, while I will be doing a dance number.” Jimin hyung continued.

 

“First up, we have Mr Skeleton!” I screamed to the mic.

 

I turned up the song which was a mash up of electronica and EDM Jimin hyung compiled. 

He danced in synch to the beat. Sharp popping combined with some really fluid body waves. 

 

I’ve always admired Jimin hyung’s dancing since we were trainees. I’ve always thought he had really good sense of musicality. Bang PD-nim told me that I needed to put in more emotion to my dancing. Seeing Jimin hyung and Hoseok hyung dance with passion pushed me to become a better dancer. 

 

Jimin hyung did a flip and the crowd went wild, a few jaws dropped. After a while, we managed to gather quite a large crowd. Amongst them I was pleasantly surprised to see Yeo Jin with 3 girls that looked the same age as her. 

 

The music ended and there was a huge round of applause from the audience. 

 

“Give it up for Mr Skeleton one more time!” I said to the mic.

 

Jimin hyung took a huge bow and drank few gulps of water. After he caught his breath he took the mic.

 

“Wow I didn’t expect there to be so many people here.” he said. 

 

“Yes, it’s making me nervous.” I said honestly.

 

Jimin hyung and the crowd laughed. 

 

“What song are you going to sing?” Jimin hyung asked me as the laughter died down.

 

“Purpose.” I said.

 

The music and audience went silent at the soft ballad. 

 

I scanned the crowd to find a particular girl I wanted to dedicate this song to. 

 

Feeling like I'm breathing my last breath

Feeling like I'm walking my last steps

Look at all of these tears I've wept

Look at all the promises that I've kept

 

I put my heart into your hands

Here's my soul to keep

I let you in with all that I can

You're not hard to reach

And you bless me with the best gift

That I've ever known

You give me purpose

Yeah, you've given me purpose

 

Thinking my journey's come to an end

Sending out a farewell to my friends, forever peace

Ask you to forgive me for my sins, oh would you please?

I'm more than grateful for the time we spent, my spirit's at ease

 

I put my heart into your hands

Learn the lessons you teach

No matter when, wherever I am

You're not hard to reach

And you've given me the best gift

That I've ever known

You give me purpose everyday

You give me purpose in every way

 

Oh, you are my everything

Oh, you are my everything

 

 

I sang with sincerity, pouring my heart into the song as I stole a few glances at her.

 

I wondered whether she recognised that it was me. 

 


 

Author’s note:

 

I'm so happy to finally write something light-hearted hehehe^^

 

Here’s a picture of Jungkook in his adorable bear costume.  

 

 

And just in case you want to hear Jungkook's cover of Purpose