Stuck in the Middle

My lil Miss MUA
Please log in to read the full chapter

You couldn't believe it. It felt like your world started crumbling apart. What was seriously happening in front of you? Your mind went blank for a few seconds, you weren't even sure If you were still breathing. But you could definitely feel your heart beating heavily; you could feel it all the way up to your head. The next thing you knew, your mind completely snapped

You angrily marched over there, steam practically coming from both ears. You stood in front of them and their gaze both landed on you. Your boyfriend jumped at the sight of you and took a step back

YOU: "Hello Sun-hi, long time no see. Hi Y/B/N, why do you look so surprised to see me?" You said as you punched his shoulder.

Y/B/N: "Y-Y/N! What are you doing here?" He asked nervously.

You scoffed and turned to Sun-hi giving her a solid slap in the face. She fell to the floor and looked up at you with fear in her eyes. You took a customer's piping hot coffee and threw it at your boyfriends face.

He cried out in pain as he knelt down to the ground. You were unapologetic. You were happy to see him suffer...you were...

???: "Y/N?

.....you were....

???: ..Y/N?....."

.....Daydreaming

Lynn: "Y/N!"

You completely snapped back to reality and looked over at Lynn.

Lynn: "I got our orders. Let's grab us a table."

You looked back to your boyfriend and Sun-hi. They were still together, holding hands completely immersed in their own world. You wanted to confront them but you couldn't. You felt paralyzed from the waist down. Your heart began acheing and you could no longer be in the same room with them.

YOU: "I'm sorry Lynn. I.....I don't feel so good. Can we do this another time?"

Lynn: "Uh...Sure, but are you okay? Do you need to see the doctor?"

You shook your head.

YOU: "No...I just really need to go home. I'm sorry!"

You quickly exited the café and made your way across the street. You didn't look back. You just wanted to get out of there!

__________________________________

You've been walking the streets of Seoul for a couple hours now. Your body was moving but you felt completely dead inside. *How could he? ......We've been together for 2 years now and...I don't understand. Is this why Sun-hi stopped talking to me? That little ! I should have slapped that smug smile of her face.*

You stopped walking and found out that you were now actually in Hongdae. It wasn't the smartest idea but you needed it now more than ever.

_______________________

YOU: "Madaaaam! Two more botthlees of sshoju plleease! Oh!.... and another ssserving of spicy rice cakesss." You said slurring your words.

Owner: "Young Miss, I will bring you the rice cakes but I think you've had enough alcohol for one night. I'm seriously worried. Why would you come here to drink so much alone? You already had three bottles."

YOU: "Madaaaaaaammmm....I'm giving you money aren't I?" You shuffled through your purse and pulled out some cash. "Seeeee, please...one more bottle?" You asked holding up two fingers.

Owner: "Aish...this girl. You're getting water instead." She spoke as she walked away.

You picked up your empty soju bottle and turned it up your head. It was dry. You peeked inside the bottle and could vaguely hear music in the background. You listened keenly and could recognize that it was a BTS song, 'Save Me'.

YOU: "Ha! They mock me." You took out your cell and pulled up Jungkooks' phone number. "I blame you Jungkook. Even if it rains or a tsunami happens, I would still blame you for it." You pressed the call button and the phone started ringing.

Jungkook: "Hello?"

YOU: "Jeon Jungkook!! You evil little thing, wah you really are the worst."

Jungkook: "....Y/N?!"

YOU: "Why?! Why must you always taunt me??" You lifted the phone in the air so he could hear the music in the background. Pulling the phone back to your ear you spoke again. "I really hate you.....You tease me for your own fun and I end up being embarrassed. Why must you play with my feelings?! I can't ke-"

Jungkook: "Y/N, where are you now?"

YOU: "Yah yah yah! Don't cut me off! It's my turn to speak. .....Listen what I.....I have a lot of things...You..."

Jungkook: "Are you drunk?!"

YOU: "No, I'm not drunk. I'm a stro-......." You hiccupped and then continued to speak. "...strong drinker."

Just as your about to tell him off again the owner of the bar grabs your phone.

Owner: "Hello? Is she your friend?"

YOU: "Madam..no...no...no don't do that!"

You could hear Jungkook say yes over the phone.

Owner: "Please come and get her. It isn't good for her to be out here drinking so much alone."

YOU: "Madam pleeeeaasee noo!" You started rubbing your hands together begging her to stop.

She told him your location, what you were wearing and hung up the phone. You tugged on your hair and thought you were about to go crazy.

Owner: "This is for your own good. I have a daughter your age and it worries me. You will get your phone back when your friend arrives." She left going back into the kitchen.

You slammed your head countless times on the table and stayed there trying to figure out how you were going to face Jungkook like this.

 

YOU: "Ugh! Why is this happening!?"

________________________________

You felt like you were lying on a cloud. You stretched your arm out and could feel something soft. *a blanket?* you tried your best to open your eyes but your vision was out of focus. You could hardly make out the person that was before you. Their face came closer and closer. *Jungkook?* your eyes got heavier and eventually you were out cold.

Jungkook's Point of View

I hung up the call and quickly put on some clothes. I had to be cautious so I wore a mouth mask along with a cap.

Jungkook: "Hyung, I have to head out. I think I'll stay at my apartment tonight."

Namjoon: "Alright. Just be careful."

I left and took a taxi to Hongdae arriving at the exact location I was told over the phone. I walked under the tent and looked around. There I saw Y/N's head faced down at a table. I walked over to her and called her name but she didn't respond. She was knocked out cold.

Owner: "Are you the friend I spoke to."

Jungkook: "Yes, that was me. I'll take her home now. Thank you for letting me know where she was." I bowed the owner.

She gave me her cell phone and I took Y/N back to the cab. She reeked of alcohol. Why would she go drinking alone? I looked at her and to my surprise I saw tears running down her cheeks. *She's crying....in her sleep?*

A few minutes later we got to my address. I carried her in my arms and up to my apartment. She kept mumbling in her sleep but I couldn't make out what she was saying. I looked down at her and smiled.

Jungkook: "Even when you're drunk you're cute. What exactly are you mumbling on about?"

I opened my room door and laid her on the bed. I tucked her in making sure she would stay warm underneath the air condition.

Jungkook: "Right, I have some medicine in the bathroom." I turned to get her the medicine but before I could take a step further she grabbed on to my shirt.

YOU: "Jung....kook."

I turned and looked back at her. Her eyes were still closed. Is she....dreaming about me?

YOU: ".....I... hate you..."

I quickly cocked my head to the side and raised a brow. *Seriously!? Even when you're sleeping?* She gripped my shirt tighter and tugged gently on it.

YOU: "Don't go..." She spoke under her breath, but I heard what she said.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.

Jungkook: "Hey, you're up. Hang on; let me go get yo-"

YOU: "Jungkook,...... please, don't go."

I looked at her and tears started to build up in her eyes.

Jungkook: "...Alright, I'll stay here with you."

She gave me a weak smiled and my heart skipped a beat as she pulled me closer. I knelt down beside the bed while holding her hand.

Jungkook: "What's gotten into you all of a sudden?"

She shook her head and her hand slowly reached for my face cupping my cheek. She then used her fingers and brushed my bangs gently making me chuckle.

 

Jungkook: "Y/N listen, you had a little bit too much to drink. You're probably not going to remember this in the morning but now I have to take care of you. How are you going to repay me this time?"

YOU: "I'm.... sorry."

I gently her cheek and smiled

Jungkook: "You're forgiven kitten."

I steadily moved closer as she lazily tried to keep her eyes open. But the alcohol soon won that battle.

"You're so cute." I said as I watched her shift comfortably underneath the covers.

I her head gently and sighed. "I'm sorry if I upset you today. I'll go easy on the teasing."

I suddenly thought of her boyfriend and wondered if he's looking for her now.

I pulled her phone from my pocket to see if I could call him to let him know where she was but then I realized something. Why did she call me in the first place, instead of him? Did something happen between the both of them?

At that very moment her phone started ringing. A picture of Y/N and what seems to be her boyfriend popped up on the screen.

Jungkook: "So that's him. Should I answer it?"

I swiped left on the screen canceling his call then placed her phone on the night stand and looked at her.

Jungkook: "I'm sorry,...but I don't like your boyfriend." I sighed heavily wondering how could I not feel any guilt towards hanging up on him.

 

"Y/N,....Are you really in love with him? I wish you were mine instead of his. I'd never make you do something like this. I'd take good care of you, I promise. I hate seeing you cry, it really hurts me seeing you like this. It's funny; since I met you you've taken up majority of my thoughts." I watched her as she steadily breathed in and out. I could sense that

Please log in to read the full chapter