My lil Miss MUA

My lil Miss MUA
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

You ran straight to the bathroom and locked the door behind you. Your hands were cold and you started to have a headache. *What in the world is happening? Why was my application not delivered? * You quickly the faucet in the bathroom mixing the cold and hot water. You washed your face hoping you would stop crying.

Easier said than done.

You gripped the edge of the sink and looked at your reflection in the mirror. What were you going to do now? Your family gave you this amazing send off party and all of their support. Your friends knew! So, did your co-workers. You even sent in your letter of resignation to take on this opportunity and now this?!

You took out your phone and called your boyfriend but there was no answer. You tried again and it still remained the same.

YOU: "Why isn't ge picking up!?" You needed him now more than ever. At least hearing his voice might calm you down.

-Knock Knock Knock-

???: "Y/N?"

You quickly turned off the faucet. *Jungkook? *

Jungkook: "I saw you run in here. Are you okay?"

YOU: "A-Ah...yeh. I'm fine."

Jungkook: ".... I don't believe you."

You turned and looked at the bathroom door as Jungkook continued to speak.

Jungkook: "I saw you. You were crying." He paused and waited for your response.

But you didn't reply. You didn't want your problems to interfere with their work.

Jungkook: "At least open the door."

You walked closer to the door and reached for the knob. You hesitated, but then opened the door. Jungkook looked a little surprised. Maybe because your eyes were a bit red from crying. But this was the first time you saw this expression on his face. It was soft and humble. His eyes seemed...... sympathetic.

Staff4: "Jungkook! Are you around here? Aieesh....where did that boy go?"

With one swift movement Jungkook spun and entered the bathroom with you then locked the door. He put his index finger to his lips and turned off the lights. You could hear the staff member stop by the door and then walked away. He slowly pulled his fingers away from his lips and let out a sigh of relief.

You were standing In front of him as you hugged yourself. You could barely see his face but you knew he was looking at you.

Jungkook: "I'm sorry. But I didn't want him to see you like this. Especially on your first day at work. Of course, we could tell him our performance was so good that it brought tears to your eyes." He let out a soft chuckle hoping it would make you smile.

But, you just looked down and shook your head. You felt a tear stream down your cheek but you hurriedly wiped it away.

YOU: "I'm okay now. Let's leave before they get suspicious." You were about to step forward but he held on to you. He suddenly wraps his arm around your waist and brought you closer to him.

You stiffen in his hold as his free hand reached for your head and brought it to his chest. You could hear his heart beating as it slowly picked up pace.

His heartbeat had a rhythm going and your body relaxed a bit as you exhaled.

His chest rose against your face as he started to speak.

Jungkook: "It's dark......I can't see you. You can cry if you'd like. It's best to let it out. I won't tell anyone. I promise."

You gripped his shirt and planted your face in his chest. You didn't want to but you couldn't help it. His arms wrapped around you tightly as he rested his chin on your head. All your feelings were poured out as you cried in his arms.

For eleven minutes, you had Jungkook to yourself and for those eleven minutes. He remained quiet. Listening to you, comforting you as you expressed what you were going through. As tears streamed down your cheeks, he gently wiped them away.

This side of Jungkook...... was something you truly admired.

Jungkook's point of view

Y/N was about take a step forward to exit the bathroom. I was going to let her go but on impulse I held her back. I wrapped my arm around her waist and brought her closer to me. Wow....she smells good. Her scent was mild but sweet. My heart started beating faster after actually realizing what I've done.

.....I hope she doesn't think I'm weak. Her shoulders finally loosened up and I told her it was okay to cry. As she told me everything, I now understand how important that job is to her. It was her dream, her passion.

It hurt,.... seeing her cry like this

_________________________________________________

A few hours later,

You returned to your hotel room feeling drained. Luckily no one questioned you and Jungkook about your absence after the concert. He told everyone you had to meet a friend for a family emergency and he gave permission for you to meet them in the parking lot. You were truly grateful to him. Your first impression of him was different from the guy that held you in his arms. You smiled as you could still feel his warmth surrounding you. You felt guilty within yourself accepting comfort from Jungkook but at the same time you were really grateful to have him there. The person you needed the most wasn't even answering your call.

Pulling your phone from your back pocket you were hoping to see a message from your boyfriend, but nothing. *Hasn't he seen my missed calls? * You tried calling him once more but it rang and then went straight to voicemail. Something was off. It was hard enough admitting to yourself that you haven't seen much of him in a couple months but that was because of the line of work he does. All you wanted to do now was return home to Korea.

_________________________________________________

The taxi pulled up to your house. You were depressed and just extremely tired.

As you exited the taxi you can already sense the sympathy party your family has waiting for you as you enter through those doors.

YOU: "I'm home..." You said as you set foot in the house.

Mom: "Y/N!" Your mom ran from the kitchen and hugged you tightly. "Welcome home! Are you okay? You must be tired. Wait, aren't you hungry? I prepared your favorite dish!"

And there it was, not just one dish. She had prepared a smorgasbord of food, waiting for you lined up on the dining table.

YOU: "Umma! You didn't have to do this!"

Y/S/N: "Unnie! Your home!" Your sister ran downstairs to greet you but couldn't since your mother was still hugging you. Very tightly at that.

YOU: "Yeah, I just got here. Hey....Why aren't you in school?" Mom: "She wanted to be here when you got home." Your mother finally let go and you could finally breathe again.

YOU: "Well she could have seen me after school. Please don't tell me appa is here too!" As you said that you could hear footsteps slowly going back up the stairs. "Appa! I know you're here!"

Dad: "Ah! Y/N! I got a early day today. Can you believe it?" he said as he came down the stairs

YOU: "No...., Look everyone I love you all very much but seriously. I'm not sad anymore. You don't need to do this. I feel like a burden. I'm truly okay."

Please log in to read the full chapter