Goodbyes and Goodlucks

Four Friends

It's been almost 2 weeks since Seolhyun last saw Seokwoo. It was as if he migrated to another country. She didn't see even his shadow and there were really no communication between them. She missed him so much that she even asked Juho tell Seokwoo that she had filmed the MV with Hongki, hoping that he'd be curious enough and call her. But to her disappointment it's been a week since Juho dropped the subject to Seokwoo and still he's nowhere in sight.

A few days after, Seolhyun was so happy and giddy when suddenly her phone showed that Seokwoo was calling her. "Finally!" She told herself. She took a deep breath then answered her phone.

"Noona! How was the shooting?" Seokwoo said on the other line. Seolhyun knew that it will be his opening line. He is a fanboy of FTIsland for a reason.

"It was okay. Much to my disappointment, the kissing scene was cancelled." She said trying to test the waters.

"It was? Then Hongki sunbaenim must have been so lucky. He wouldn't have to suffer kissing a fish like you." Seokwoo joked on the other line.

"A fish? Who's a fish?" Seolhyun suddenly burst out. She was hurt for some reason.

"Hahahaha... Noona... it's okay. You'll have a drama soon and you'll have your kissing debut when that happens. Hahahaha" Seokwoo said as he laughed at her.

Seolhyun was trying to see if it was a real laugh or it was fake. It sounded real. Somehow she's disappointed but at the same time she was relieved since it only means that everything will be the same between them. She knows he's acting, he's one hell of an actor. Very convincing. And they began to talk like nothing had happened between them.

 

In the weeks after, the group wasn't able to meet. The girls were so busy preparing for their debut and the boys were also doing their best in their training and school. Then one day, Seolhyun messaged the gang and said that no matter what they need to meet. She and Chanmi have something to tell the two boys. It was a good thing that a holiday was coming and even the two girls were given a break from their rigorous training. They took this opportunity to meet.

Seokwoo was as usual early in the rooftop. As he was preparing the table, Juho came much to his surprise.

"You're early."

"I know right? I woke up early. My body clock is messed up. I keep on waking up at 5 am."

"At least you're early. Here, set the plates." Seokwoo said handing Juho the plates and utensils.

A few minutes later the two girls came. Seokwoo had to control himself so hard at the sight of Seolhyun. It was still painful but he had promised her and he's keeping his promise no matter what.

"Food!" Chanmi exclaimed. She ran towards the food and look at the food hungrily.

"Wow, Chanmi! You're looking good! You're very y today!" Juho said noticing how Chanmi had changed in just a few weeks.

"Today is my free day! Feed me please Seokwoo!" Chanmi begged.

Seolhyun just then sat in front of Seokwoo. She too was a bit nervous but she's happy that Seokwoo is acting normal so she felt at ease. She then took a plate and handed it to Seokwoo. "Me too please! Feed me too please!" She said pouting. Seokwoo can't help but laugh at the two very hungry girls. Juho then took Chanmi's plate and put all the different types of food that Seokwoo prepared.

"Were they starving you?" Juho asked.

"Let's just say that for the past weeks, we will be lucky to eat chicken every other day! We were like vegetarians! No meat. Only leaves and bulbs and fruits." Chanmi said. Juho can't help but wipe some sauce from Chanmi's mouth.

Seolhyun was also eating with gusto. "Seokwoo, I missed this! I missed meat. I feel like I'm gonna cry." Then tears really fell from her eyes and Seokwoo began to panic. He automatically went beside her and comforted her. He and Juho looked at each other. One is panicking and the other is having fun cleaning after his bestfriend.

Seolhyun then wiped the tears in her eyes and pouted again to Seokwoo who also pouted. "Noona, just eat all you want today. You can continue with your vegetarian diet again tomorrow." He assured her. Seolhyun just nodded and began to eat again.

After a while, the boys took their position in front of the girls and began to eat too. While they were eating, Seolhyun said, "I think this will be our last lunch with you guys."

Juho and Seokwoo stopped eating then and gave her their full attention. Meanwhile, Chanmi was still eating.

"What do you mean noona?" Seokwoo asked.

"We will be debuting in two weeks."

Seokwoo and Juho then shouted with joy and congratulations and thank yous were exchanged between the four. The two boys were so happy for the two girls. It was indeed good news.

"But why can't you eat with us again?" Juho asked.

"Coz in two weeks, we will be very busy with shootings for our MV and photos. Add the practice and fittings of costumes and so many other activities. Then the company told us that we have to be more careful now for once we are celebrities, we have to avoid scandals. And since you're two boys and we're two girls, if someone stalks unnie or if Juho's stalker gets mad and tell the public about our lunch dates, it will be bad for our group. Plus the fact that they will be confiscating our phones once the debut promotions starts so we won't have any means of communicating with you." Chanmi explained.

"Why do I get the feeling that these two will forget about us one day?" Juho asked.

"That's very possible." Chanmi answered. Juho then stood up and locked her head between his arms. Seokwoo and Seolhyun can't help but laugh at those two.

"Seriously, thank you guys. Without our lunch dates, I would've quitted a long time ago." Seolhyun said full of sincerity.

Chanmi can't help but nod. "This little group of ours have given me strength to continue. Thank you both." She said.

The boys can't help but smile. All of them then stood up and hugged each other saying thank yous, good lucks and congratulations.

"Don't worry, when your time finally comes, we will be there to support you guys too. We hope we're big by then so that we can help you guys." Seolhyun told the boys.

"Yes sunbaenim!" Juho and Seokwoo said at the same time.

"Me too! Me too! I want to hear that too." Chanmi told the boys.

Juho then said, "In your dreams!" And Chanmi just pouted at him.

 

A/N: This is the end of the first arc. I'm gonna have to do some time jumps after this. So please anticipate the coming chapters.