Chapter 4 - Juho's Obsession

Four Friends

"Not that one!"

"This one then?"

"I don't like the taste of that one!"

"But you're not the one who's going to eat it!"

"Yes but I'm the one who's gonna pay for all of these so I have a say in this!" Juho insisted.

Chanmi can't help but feel exhausted with Juho. They've been shopping for her food for 3 hours now. They've been to three stores already and still Juho said it's not enough.

"You know, let's just stop and go home. We've bought enough already. At this rate I'll get fatter if I eat all the food that we bought." Chanmi told Juho.

"You will not get fat with the food that we bought. They are all healthy and we just need to buy a few more stuff and I promise I'll bring you home." Juho insisted.

Chanmi stopped walking. Juho looked back at her. She looked at him and signalled him to come nearer to her.

"You do know that I know that you're just doing this so that I won't cry again right?" Chanmi said.

"What are you talking about? That's not true. I'm doing this to help you reach your goal." Juho tried to sound innocent.

"Baek Juho, what's my name?

"Kim Chanmi."

"And who am I to you?"

"My bestfriend."

"Among all your friends aside from Seokwoo, who knows you better than you know yourself?"

Juho then kept silent. He knew she was right. He hates to see her cry. He remembered the time he first saw her cry. It was also the day they became close. He knows that she's a very strong person and that when she cries it only means that she's really having a very hard time. That's why he panicked when she cried earlier. He knew it's a big problem and he knew that he needs to do something to help his friend.

"You know I hate seeing you cry." He said.

"I know and I'm sorry I wasn't able to control myself earlier. But I'm okay now. Unnie promised we'd go on a diet together. Seokwoo promised to help me work out and you're here to do whatever you promised to do."

Juho then hugged her in the middle of the store and some people were even looking at them but he didn't care and neither does Chanmi.

"You can do it! I know you can. We will all help you. So don't cry anymore okay?" He told her. "Okay. I won't cry in front of you anymore." She said.

"Yah! Kim Chanmi!" He said squishing her. "I hate to see you cry but make sure that when you cry I'm there."

Chanmi can't help bit laugh at his logic. She then hugged him back. Thankful for his presence in her life. 

"Okay fine. But can we stop buying all these stuff then?" She asked.

Juho then pushed her and said, "No." He then took the basket and put more stuff inside it.

"Yah! Baek Juho!" But Juho just ignored her and continue with his shopping.

 

Seokwoo knew that Juho's offer to help Chanmi can end either good or bad. When Juho commits himself to something, he will give his all into it and that's what he is seeing Juho is doing right now with Chanmi. Whenever they eat, Juho makes sure to check all the calories before he let's Chanmi eat it. Seokwoo would see Juho being in a stalker mode at times to see if Chanmi is not cheating on her diet. A lot of times Juho will check the drinks of Chanmi if she's just drinking water or not. Juho was adamant that she will only drink water for the duration of her diet.

At first Chanmi was grateful for Juho's help but lately, Seokwoo feels that Chanmi's getting more and more irritable with her bestfriend. Like today, Chanmi ran into him and begged him to hide her from Juho.

"Please, don't tell Juho that I'm here." She begged as she enters his practice room.

"As if you can hide from him." He said.

"But Seokwoo, I know he is just concerned for my well-being but he's becoming too... much! Too strict and too obsessed. I can't even have one peaceful meal. I can't have a cheat day. I can't even eat one piece of candy."

Seokwoo just laughed. He knew that this will happen. Just then his phone rang. He showed Chanmi that it was Juho who was calling.

"Hello?" Seokwoo said as he answered the call putting it on loud speaker. Chanmi then covered with her hands.

"Have you seen her?" Juho asked on the other line.

"Who are we talking about?"

"Chanmi! Have you seen Chanmi?"

"Why are you looking for her? Is she hiding from you?" Seokwoo said laughing. Chanmi begged him silently not to tell Juho where she was.

"Why would she? I just bought her more powerbars and I want to give it to her."

Seokwoo then covered the mouthpiece and whispered to Chanmi, "Should I tell him you're here?"

Chanmi shook her head. "I hate those powerbars. It taste like sand!" She whispered to him.

"No I haven't seen her." He then told Juho.

"Where are you right now?" Juho asked. Chanmi then began to panic knowing that Juho will go to where Seokwoo is. "I need to go." She whispered. Seokwoo then nodded.

Just then Chanmi opened the door to Seokwoo's practice room and behold Juho was standing outside about to go inside Seokwoo's room.

Juho felt betrayed. He ended the call and put his arms on his waist.

"I'm sorry, she begged me not to tell you." Seokwoo said in his defense. Chanmi then looked at him feeling betrayed too.

"Are you hiding from me?" Juho asked Chanmi.

Chanmi then looked at her watchless wrist and said, "I'm late for practice. I need to go. Bye."

She tried to go out of the room but Juho was too big, he almost covered the whole door.

Seokwoo laughed seeing Chanmi being caught by Juho.

"Before you go, you need to eat this first." Juho then handed her one powerbar. Chanmi knew that he will never let her go until she eats it so she took it from him and forced herself to eat it fast. She almost choke but Juho was ready with water and handed it to her too. When she finally finished eating it, Juho finally stepped aside and let her pass. Chanmi then ran as fast as she can like her life depends on it, scared that Juho might feed her something nasty again.

"Can I have one powerbar?" Seokwoo asked and Juho handed him one.

Seokwoo tasted and it and finally understood what Chanmi was talking about. He can't help but feel sorry for Chanmi now. "This really taste bad." He told Juho.

Juho took a piece of the powerbar and tasted it. "It does huh? I wonder how Chanmi can eat this?" He asked full of geniune sincerity. Seokwoo then just shook his head, how can his friend be this clueless?

"Don't you think you should buy her something more edible?" Seokwoo asked throwing away the rest of the powerbar.

"But this is the most healthy one of all. This is also the most expensive one." Juho explained.

"I think the reason why people gets thin when they eat this is because they can't eat it at all. Yah! Baek Juho, wake up! She's hiding from you because you make her eat this crap! And let her have a cheat day!"

Juho then looked at him and said, "What's a cheat day?"

Seokwoo can't believe his friend. He then promised to himself to hide Chanmi well if ever she asks for his help again. But first he needs to educate his bestfriend all about dieting.

 

AN: I'm Chanmi in this fic. I remember my mom forcing me to eat all those yucky food to make me thin... hahahaha... Also, Juho and Chanmi's relationship is purely platonic (at least for now, I don't know if I should change it. I'm enjoying their friendship).

I have a problem with this fic, I am so tempted to make a huge time jump. I have all these ideas for Rowoon's reaction when Seolhyun was dating, or when Rowoon chose Hyosung instead of Seolhyun in Video Star... hahaha... I don't know... we'll see where my stories will go......