Chapter 5: Seolhyun's Request

Four Friends

"Can we go there inside the cafe and talk first. It's been a long time since we had a talk. I've been busy lately in preparation for our debut and I missed talking with you." Seolhyun then led Seokwoo inside the cafe. Ordered their favorite drinks and sat down on one of the tables.

"How's your preparation going on?" Seokwoo asked.

"It's fun, very tiring and very stressful. You've seen Chanmi right. It's not just the diet that makes her lose weight. Our practices are really intense. We need to perfect every move. We need to do well since we are the first girl group of FNC." Seolhyun said.

"At least you're not part of the band team. Those girls have twice as much pressure as you and Chanmi and Hyejeong noona." Seokwoo said trying to comfort Seolhyun.

Seolhyun smiled then she remembered something.

"I have something to tell you." She said full of excitement.

Seokwoo looked at her and smiled back. She really have a beautiful smile. "What is it?"

"Guess who's the next girl in FTIsland's newest MV?"

"Oh yeah, they are scheduled to have their comeback soon right? I'm so excited! I will have to buy this album too of course. I heard they have a great song. I also heard a rumor that their newest song is like Love Sick, A power ballad! I love their power ballads. Noona, do you think I can get an autograph of them especially Minhwan sunbaenim?"

Seolhyun can't help but laugh at Seokwoo's fanboying. He really is a big fan of FTIsland. With the just the mere mention of FTIsland he immediately forgot her question.

"Yah! Stop fanboying, I asked you a question and you're not even interested in who is the new girl in FTIsland's MV." She said.

"Oh yeah you said that earlier. Whoever she is, she's so lucky. I even hope that one day I'd be an extra in one of their MV's. Then for sure I'll go ask all of them to write their signatures in my shirt on that day. That will be so cool."

Seolhyun then laughed so hard. He's not even interested on who is the girl. He's just interested in FTIsland.

"I'm the girl in their new MV." She just said it flat out. She then saw, the change in Seokwoo's face. From not caring to whoever the girl is to excitement that he even shouted, "For real?" Everyone in the cafe then looked at them but Seokwoo can't care less.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked her.

"I tried to but you keep on fanboying FTIsland." She said laughing.

"When will you have your shooting? Noona, can I come? I promise I won't get in the way!" He asked excitedly.

"Yah, yah, calm down! The shooting will be next week. But I'll just be shooting with Hongki sunbaenim."

"Why? The others won't be in the MV?" Seokwoo asked with a bit of disappointment. He really is a big fanboy of Minhwan.

"Yeah. It's only me and Hongki sunbaenim. And I have something else to tell you." Seolhyun said. Seokwoo, now unlike earlier is showing a lot of interest.

"There's a rumor that I have a kissing scene with Hongki sunbaenim."

Seolhyun waited for Seokwoo's reaction but somehow, his face was blank. He was just staring at her. Like he didn't heard what she said.

"Did you hear me? I said..."

"Yes I heard you. Don't you think it's not a good thing to have you kissing sunbaenim on your very first appearance? I mean you'll be debuting in a few months but their first impression of you will be the girl who had a kissing scene with Lee Hongki." Seokwoo said full of seriousness.

Seolhyun was a bit confused with his reaction. "I never expected you to give this kind of reaction. I mean, I'm being trained to be an actress and kissing scenes will be just something that I'd have to do soon. What's the difference of me kissing Hongki sunbae and kissing an actor when that day comes?" She asked. She was hoping he'd be all supportive since both of them are training to be actors not just idols.

"I just don't want you to have a negative impression from the start of your career." Seokwoo explained.

"I know what you mean but still can't you just be happy for me?" She asked.

"I am happy for you. I am happy that you're the girl in FTIsland's MV. I'm just not thrilled with the idea of you having kissing scenes at the start of your career." Seokwoo said honestly.

"You're really sweet. Your girlfriend will be very lucky to have you." Seolhyun then said. She then looked at him who can't seem to meet her eyes. She smiled at his shyness. Truth is she knows the truth. Of course she knows how he really feels. She knows everything about him. But she can't have him tell her what he feels. She doesn't want to hurt him. It's not that she'll reject him, more like she doesn't know what she really feels plus the fact that she'll be debuting soon and being in a relationship will be hard for her. She then made a decision, a decision that she knows she might regret in the future. A very selfish decision in her part.

"Seokwoo," she began, "can I ask a favor from you?"

"Yes noona, what is it?" He asked. He looked at her and see that she was hesitating. "It's okay noona, you can tell me. What is this favor?"

"Can you not confess to the girl that you like?"

Seokwoo was confused with her sudden request. Does she know who he really likes? "Why not noona?" He asked.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt. I don't think she's in a position to have a relationship with anyone right now. It's just not the right time for her." Right then he knew that she knew. She can't even look into his eyes.

"Will the right time ever come?" He asked while staring at her eyes.

"Maybe? But definitely right now is not the right time." She then looked at his eyes. "You understand that right?"

"Since you opened this topic and since you said she knows how I feel, can't I just tell her what I feel now? I'm not going to ask anything in return."

"I told you she already knows and she's very flattered. But telling might make things awkward between you two and that's the last thing that she wants."

"This is not making sense noona." He cried out. Seolhyun then knew that they needed a more private place to talk. So she pulled him out of the store and went to the nearest park. It was a good thing that there's only a few people there right now.

"I'm begging you please don't go there. Don't cross the line. At least not now. Maybe in the future when everything is more set." She said as soon as no one can hear what they were talking about.

"You know noona, I never wanted to be a burden. I wasn't even planning on confessing. But knowing that you know, I think I need to say this." He then took her hand and looked in her eyes and said, "Noona, I..."

"Stop please. Don't say it." Seolhyun interrupted him. She pulled her hands away from him. He then thought, she's rejecting me. She really is rejecting me.

Seolhyun then saw the pain in his eyes. He began to step away from her. "Please don't go. Let's talk about this please." She begged. But Seokwoo kept on walking away from her. "Please! I can't lose my bestfriend now." She then began to cry. Seokwoo heard her sobs and knew that he can't ever bear to make her cry.

He then stopped and cried out "Noona!" Seolhyun then ran towards him and hugged him from behind. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I know I'm being selfish. But everything around me keeps on changing now and I can't have you change too. Please try to understand."

After a long time of being in that position, Seokwoo then took a deep breath. Pulled apart her hands and faced her. He looked at her, he softly wiped away the tears in her face and made her look at him. She hesitantly met his eyes and when she did she saw her bestfriend smiling at her, though she still see the sadness in there. She smiled back knowing that maybe just maybe everything will be alright.

"Noona, I love you." Seolhyun began to panic but Seokwoo hugged her tightly then. She tried to break free but Seokwoo was stronger than her. "I just want to say it out loud. This will be the first and last time you will hear it from me. I will still be your bestfriend and nothing will ever change between us unless you make it so. Tho you should also know that I am not promising you that I will wait for you forever. You hurt me you know, so I will hurt you too but just for a while coz I need to not see you. Give me a week or two away from you and I promise after that, I'd return to you like nothing happened I promise." He then let go of her.

"I'm sorry. I really am." Seolhyun cried.

"No noona. You're not. But it's okay coz I understand." Seokwoo.

"No!" Seolhyun cried out. She then saw a tear fell from his eyes. She was about to say something but it was too late for Seokwoo pressed a finger to her lips, sadly smiled at her, shook his head as if telling her not to say anything. He then suddenly kissed her cheeks and ran away from her.

 

AN: I know it's a poor ending for this chapter and it's very messy. But I've been having a really hard time making the ending. I promise, I'll make it up with the next chapters. But I hate what I did here... I hurt Seokwoo, I made Seolhyun cry. But at least everything out in the open now...