How could you?

Unexpected

By the next day everyone had heard what had happened in the hallway between Jungkook and his father. Also, Hoseok had become kind of a celebrity in their high school.

”That thing he did yesterday in the gym hall, how could he do that?”

”How did he survive alive from the populars?”

”Didn't you hear? Jeon Jungkook's father hadn't never threatened to fire the teachers, in fact he...”

”I will seriously kill him if he dares humiliate my Jungkookie again...” The reactions of the students varied from bewilderment to respect to anger. The anger came mostly from the girls who admired Jeon Jungkook. The three friends saw how some of those girls glared at Hoseok and whispered to each other.

”Well, there will always be haters when you're a public figure” Hoseok shrugged unaffected,

”This is just good training for my future political career” Jimin and Minseok on the other hand, being more of the shy sort, felt akward at the attention they were receiving from the other students.

”Don't mind this, soon they'll just forget about the whole thing and pay us no attention anymore” Hoseok calmed them down while nodding proudly to a girl who had just called him brave.

”But do you want this to end? You seem to like this attention though” Jimin poked his friend teasingly.

”Oh no, not at all, a good philanthropist never takes pride of his actions. After all they're just done out of good will only” Jimin looked at Minseok and rolled his eyes smiling. At the lunch hour they met Jisoo who was as amazed by Hoseok as many others were. She kept asking them about the scene happened in the hallway yesterday and wondering how the position of the populars were going to change this onwards.

”So the teachers are probably going to start to treat them like normal students from now I think. But aren't you scared that they'll try to get at back you? I mean there's still a lot they could do...”

”Hah! Those jerks have been expelled from this school already, I'm sure of that” Hoseok said while piling up food to his plate. But there he was wrong. They found that out in the middle of their lunch when the cafeteria suddenly went familiarly quiet. Jimin felt the deja vu when all the students turned to look at the door.

”I can't believe this!” Hoseok stared incredulously at the door. There they stood like nothing had happened, the five boys, Jungkook at the front. Jimin couldn't help but to notice how remarkably good he looked today. His hair was parted at the middle, bangs slightly pulled aside revealing his gorgeus face. He was lazily chewing on gum and scanning the dining hall with his eyes. His gaze stopped at their table. He blew his bubblegum staring at them for a while then averted his gaze and started walking across the dining hall with the other four following. They didn't however head to their usual table instead they stopped at Jimin's and his friends table.

”Get the out, we're gonna sit at this table now” Rap Monster spat at the people sitting there. Everyone except Jimin and his friends got up and quickly removed they trays to sit elsewhere.

”Wait-what, where are you going? You don't have to be afraid of these jerks anymore! Not after what was revealed yesterday” Hoseok exclaimed after them,

”And what the an earth are you doing here? Shouldn't you be expelled?” he glared at the boys. Jungkook laughed at his words,

”Well you see-” Jungkook sat down opposite to Hoseok,

”Sorry to dissapoint you but that pathetic little show you performed at the gym hall yesterday and the scene at the hallway didn't really work the way you might've hoped” The other boys sat down on either sides of them making Jimin and Minseok feel nervous.

”And what is that supposed to mean?” Hoseok asked annoyed. Jungkook leaned in,

”You really think my father would expell his own son from the school he practically owns? You know how bad that would look considering his career?” He snorted,

”Yeah, maybe we're not anymore able to beat someone up at the hallway or walk in in the middle of the talent show but-” he blew on his gum,

”Other than that nothing's really changed. Look around you, we're still the cool ones and you-” Jungkook leaned back and smirked at Hoseok's face that was red with anger,

”-are still the same losers you were the minute you set a foot in this school. And just to remind you of that...” Jungkook gestured to Jin who suddenly pulled Hoseok's chair backwards making him fall to the ground and spill his milk all over himself.

”Look! The great ing orator protesting for you to stop drinking milk” Rap Monster shouted. Some of the people laughed and when Jin started to mimick Hoseok's outburst from yesterday many others joined at the laughing too. Hoseok sat at the floor embarassment written across his face.

”Hoseok, are you okay?” Jimin started to get down to help him but Hoseok lept up to his feet before he got to do that.

”You-you I'm going to-to...” He stuttered angry and pointed at Jungkook,

”What, stutter at me? Well I'm ing horrified” People laughed again this time even louder.

”No! I-I I'm gonna go to the principals office and...”

” Yeah you do that, after all everyone likes a brave tattletale” At this the cafeteria was bursting with laughter. This did it for Hoseok. Even though he was not the one to get shaken by many things, the humilation he felt at the time just seemed to get to him. His eyes were glistening as turned around and ran out of the cafeteria laugher and mocking shouts behind him. Rap Monster kept mimicking Hoseok running while shouting ”Oh no! Principal come help me, come help me!” Jimin had felt his heart wrench at the site of the tearful Hoseok storiming out of the cafeteria. It wasn't often that Hoseok cried and Jimin had seen how he had been humiliated in front of the whole school, everyone had even laughed at him. He turned angrily at Jungkook,

”How could you do that?!” Jungkook stopped laughing,

”What?” he asked and glanced Jimin with a scowl.

”Have you any idea what it felt like for him to be laughed at and humiliated in front of the whole school?”

”He ing humiliated me in front of the whole school. He deserved everything that happened, it's called a paypack”Jungkook snorted and started playing with the hem of his shirt bored.

”He got upset because you walked in in the middle of his speech! And no one laughed at you in the gym hall or spilled milk on you” Jungkook stopped his doing and looked up at him. There was a brief moment where Jungkook's expression seemed a bit suprised, perhaps because he didn't think someone like Jimin had the courage to speak to him like that. The expression however was quickly replaced by his usual glare. He got up and put his hands on the either side of Jimin's tray glaring down at him,

”The hell your whining at? You think I give a about his stupid speech?” Normally Jimin would've felt scared under the intense gaze of the boy but the anger at the earlier scene made him forget his fear for the other.

”No I don't, I actually didn't think you'd care about that at all” Jimin got up and took a step back keeping his eyes on Jungkook. He seriously didn't know where he'd suddenly got the courage he'd never had,

”But did you know it had been his dream to hold that speech ever since he was young? I'm sure you have dreams too and how would you feel if someday you managed to fulfill that dream just to have someone come and ruin it? Just out of indifference and rudeness?” Again Jungkook seemed a little taken aback at his words. Jimin thought he saw a flicker in those dark eyes like the boy had just remembered something. Jimin though had had enough of this. He took his tray and glanced at Minseok who had sat kind of frozen in his seat for the whole time. Minseok got up too and after returning their trays they walked out of the dining hall to go and find Hoseok. Jimin glanced back at the table they had sat and saw trough the inner window how Jungkook was watching him with an unreadable expression.

 

Chapter 5, hope you liked it:) Do comment, it's nice to hear what you think of it;)^^